1st of November - it’s far too early to decorate for Christmas!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to put the tree up mid December, but it's now usually the first week in Dec. This year I've nothing else to do so have been considering getting the decs out in the next couple of weeks while we're in lockdown frenzy. I love to see them, and smell the festive aromas.

There’s no way I’d put up decorations before my birthday and my birthday is late November.

Also I usually get sick of the tat by Boxing Day and I’m itching to take it down so there’s no way I could have it up before December.

Reactions: 1
First weekend of December for me.

I am really regretting putting the tree and decorations in the shed though. We had mice around the shed coming from next door in the summer and now I’m terrified there will be a dead mouse in the tree box along with a million spiders!

It's a bit too early for me!
I always start both shopping and decorating after my bday in late November!

(yeah I know many of you already finished your xmas shopping weeks ago, but I've always done it end of nov/early dec 🙈)

All the lights are up in London, you need sunglasses travelling down Old Bond Street.:sick:

My birthday is December 1st so in my household Xmas stuff can’t start until December 2nd. This annoys my mum but she should have considered it while pushing me out.

• Haha
In my job, I'm thinking about Christmas from about April onwards, so in my home, I don't want anything to do with Christmas until at least mid December!
Also, think of all the dust on the Christmas tree if you've had it up since November - no way would I be dusting all the ornaments on the tree!
(Actually, I wonder if people do dust their ornaments on the tree whilst it's up and I'm actually just a slovenly mare for not dusting them?)

• Haha
In my job, I'm thinking about Christmas from about April onwards, so in my home, I don't want anything to do with Christmas until at least mid December!
Also, think of all the dust on the Christmas tree if you've had it up since November - no way would I be dusting all the ornaments on the tree!
(Actually, I wonder if people do dust their ornaments on the tree whilst it's up and I'm actually just a slovenly mare for not dusting them?)
I have never dusted tree ornaments.

I lived near someone who had their xmas docs up before Halloween . She kept changing them so she didn't have the same decor all the time.

I agree it must confuse the kids. Surely they must thing Santa is coming soon when the tree goes up.

My tree gets in my way . I don't know how people have space for it to be up so long.

I'm sure the people who put the tree up early are ripping it down on boxing day .Mine goes up during December and its usually up til the 12th night.

I'm personally not a fan of trees up so early - I get that this year has been an absolute stonker of one, but I feel like my Christmas would be a bit rubbish if I dragged it out over the next 50 odd days, instead of making the most of the few short weeks and making it special. If my tree was up now, i'd be bored of it by December.