1st of November - it’s far too early to decorate for Christmas!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Far too early for me. I’d be sick of the sight of it come Christmas Day.

Reactions: 2
In my lifetime, people have gotten progressively earlier every five years or so. I swear there was none of this pre-December madness in the early 90s as a child.

It sets one heck of a long build up for the kids.

Reactions: 4
I'm not bothered if other people are! I suppose it's cheering them up after a tit year but im waiting until December myself 😂

Reactions: 3
My tree is going up tomorrow 🌲 ps I’ve NEVER been that person. I usually do 12 days before but seeing as it’s 2020 I thought duck it
I'm not usually that person either, December for me every year but i'm doing mine next week - i love christmas and it makes me happy!

Reactions: 1
Mine went up today 😂 🎄 I'm usually a staunch preserver of waiting until December but unfortunately Mr Mac won't be with us for Christmas so I'm trying to cheer the kids up.
Also trying to work out if this means it's alright to start on the chocolate pennies and Quality Street diet?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Mine went up today 😂 🎄 I'm usually a staunch preserver of waiting until December but unfortunately Mr Mac won't be with us for Christmas so I'm trying to cheer the kids up.
Also trying to work out if this means it's alright to start on the chocolate pennies and Quality Street diet?
omg I had to read your past posts before I replied as I didn’t know the context of your husband ‘not being with us for Xmas’ 🙈 is he working away? I thought it was more sinister for a moment and felt so terribly sorry for you! Either way, you do what you gotta do and no it’s never to early for Xmas chocs.

• Haha
omg I had to read your past posts before I replied as I didn’t know the context of your husband ‘not being with us for Xmas’ 🙈 is he working away? I thought it was more sinister for a moment and felt so terribly sorry for you! Either way, you do what you gotta do and no it’s never to early for Xmas chocs.
I mean, if he helps himself to my secret chocolate stash again, there's always the chance for the other meaning too... 👀 🔪

Yes, he is. It isn't the first year he hasn't been here (he missed our youngest's first Christmas too) and it's not really unexpected with the military, but I think given the current situation, this one is going to suck for our little people. Can't throw a pity party for the life you choose but you can put the tree up a month early and crack open the choccies 😂 Thank you! ❤

• Heart
Far too early for any Christmas decorations.

1st December is the earliest I’d put mine up.

Well Ive ordered a new tree but depending on how the likeliness it is to the picture it could be going back. :ROFLMAO:

Normally I am against it wholeheartedly but I think I will bang mine up early this year - just for something to do

• Haha
I can’t even think about decorating yet, have family birthdays this month first, it’s too hot still and I still haven’t even seen the bloody Boots Christmas catalogue out yet, are they non exsistant this year?

Reactions: 1
We live in the US and it is tradition to put the tree up after Thanksgiving (26th Nov) and by the time Christmas comes and goes I am sick of seeing the tree. If I would put it up now I would be sick of the tree by Thanksgiving. My neighbors had there tree up for a months already :eek:

I can’t even think about decorating yet, have family birthdays this month first, it’s too hot still and I still haven’t even seen the bloody Boots Christmas catalogue out yet, are they non exsistant this year?
Love the boots catalogue!

The people who have them up so early can’t have toddlers. I can’t be arsed pulling my rabid child down from it 79 times an hour and playing a game of find all the baubles at the end of the day. Mine will go up 2nd week of December and be down the day after Boxing Day cos I’m a miserable witch.

• Haha
I have nothing to do with Christmas until the first chocolate in the advent calender has been eaten.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've got a boots catalogue its the same tit different packaging!

• Haha