Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh really?

I just am of the feeling that Taylor is a popstar - not a political activist
She is but that isn’t the vibe she was giving back during Lover. That lasted as long as the promo for the album/ Miss Americana and disappeared again.

LGBTQ+ rights and feminism were tokens for her during this time and it’s left me icky ever since.

Reactions: 25
Oh really?

I just am of the feeling that Taylor is a popstar - not a political activist
@Chinese_whispers is right, it was just part of the ‘era’ basically. She was relatively outspoken (compared to most pop stars AND to what she does now), endorsing candidates and using a whole song on her album + video to spotlight the LGBTQ+ community (even if it wasn’t the best song ever), with her music video linking to a petition created by her that fans could sign in support of the Equality Act.

also such a large portion of her Miss Americana doc was dedicated to her “political awakening” where she was crying about a homophobic misogynist woman running in Tennessee and her team advising her against speaking on it.

since ALL that, we’ve had the occasional “go register to vote!” instagram story aaaand… not much else

Reactions: 19
I don’t have an opinion on if she should speak on the 2024 elections, I just posted it because I found the whole news piece to be a bit batshit.

We just wouldn’t have a news segment here with people sharing serious stances on whether our biggest home grown pop star was a secret plant for a political party and didn’t know it.

Reactions: 10
I don’t have an opinion on if she should speak on the 2024 elections, I just posted it because I found the whole news piece to be a bit batshit.

We just wouldn’t have a news segment here with people sharing serious stances on whether our biggest home grown pop star was a secret plant for a political party and didn’t know it.
Im generally on the fence about celebs speaking out about issues they are neither educated or qualified to speak about.

But something about having a (sort of) voice over issues effecting women and LGBTQ+ community because it was the hot topic at the time, then dropping it after album/ documentary promo doesn’t sit right.

Reactions: 15
I do think the world has changed a lot since 2019, in that it feels the far right are a lot more scary? The pandemic felt like a turning point. I don’t know if that plays into it a little. I’m not American so maybe it was just as scary back then to do something to piss off the MAGA crew.

She’s not spreading hate and her morals in terms of social issues seem to align with mine (from what she has said previously). Saying that, I would have liked her to have said something on Roe V Wade.

I understand why others might want more from her though and I guess that’s up to them if they want to continue to support her or not despite her not speaking out on issues that are important to them.

Reactions: 6
Having sat with this album for over a week now I’m sorry if it’s an unpopular opinion but I really wish she had just released it with the first 16 songs!!! Sorry I said it!!! I love the original songs so much and maybe the black dog and Peter from the anthology! Maybe the others will grow on me but right now they’re just not! 😖

Reactions: 13
Whoever did the lyric video for ICDIWABH is excellent at picking clips and timing them perfectly 😂

Morning all. It's a very Mondayish Monday here. 🥴 😘 Wishing you all a good week ahead. (... Yes, I'm procrastinating, what of it?! 😂)

Reactions: 5
I am so annoyed I preorderd the album again, still no cd, despite it being "sent"on 19. I should have known of course but anyway. Needed to rant, is anyone else still waiting on theirs or is mine just ridiculously slow??

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I am so annoyed I preorderd the album again, still no cd, despite it being "sent"on 19. I should have known of course but anyway. Needed to rant, is anyone else still waiting on theirs or is mine just ridiculously slow??
Mine arrived but I made a complaint as it wasnt dispatched by the 19th. They have just ignored me and sent a "how was our customer service" email.

I dont think I'll order direct again.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Having sat with this album for over a week now I’m sorry if it’s an unpopular opinion but I really wish she had just released it with the first 16 songs!!! Sorry I said it!!! I love the original songs so much and maybe the black dog and Peter from the anthology! Maybe the others will grow on me but right now they’re just not! 😖
Yes I think I agree. I struggle with the second half, love The Black Dog though. But quite a lot of skips. The first half I think is amazing and should have been the album.

Reactions: 3

Inside Edition isn’t news, it’s a tabloid “news” show. It’s like Entertainment Tonight but with a Fox News production slant.

Inside Edition isn’t news, it’s a tabloid “news” show. It’s like Entertainment Tonight but with a Fox News production slant.
Ok, even so I just don’t think you’d see a piece like that on tv here at all (unless it was a parody). Maybe in some really crappy newspaper like The Sun or DM but still not sure it’d be like that.

Also we wouldn’t have the religious element of the commentary which is the bit I find craziest… like referencing the devil. People in England would think you were having a mental break.

I must say I don’t expect Taylor to speak on political issues. There is way too many and that’s not her day job. Plus she would always offend people with whatever she said.

Reactions: 11
I'd have been on my private jet, flying away as fast as possible after that. Also the holey tone in which he says significant other 🤢
Finding out that he was perusing her hard from July makes me think he's very happy to be linked to The Taylor Swift. At this rate she might need Alonsso is the driving seat of the getaway car if she wanted to upsticks.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I must say I don’t expect Taylor to speak on political issues. There is way too many and that’s not her day job. Plus she would always offend people with whatever she said.
And thats fine but you cant use it to sell albums and boost your profile when it suits you. Which she has done in the past.

I dont think anyone expects her to say anything really. However it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth for her to have did it previously for her own ends only.

Like it or not politics is peoples lives. You cant just dip when you think oh I cant be arsed anymore. It doesnt work like that. Or its performative.

She is more concerned about how any words would hurt her than thousands of people hurting.

Just my opinion of course. If you want to stay silent that is your right but stay silent dont just pick and choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
When she says “that I’ll sue you if you step on my lawn, that I’m fearsome, and I’m wretched, and I’m wronnnng” in WAOLOM? really scratches an itch in my brain
---
And thats fine but you cant use it to sell albums and boost your profile when it suits you. Which she has done in the past.

I dont think anyone expects her to say anything really. However it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth for her to have did it previously for her own ends only.

Like it or not politics is peoples lives. You cant just dip when you think oh I cant be arsed anymore. It doesnt work like that. Or its performative.

She is more concerned about how any words would hurt her than thousands of people hurting.

Just my opinion of course. If you want to stay silent that is your right but stay silent dont just pick and choose.
I wish there was 💯 react. You’re so right

Reactions: 7
When she says “that I’ll sue you if you step on my lawn, that I’m fearsome, and I’m wretched, and I’m wronnnng” in WAOLOM? really scratches an itch in my brain
---

I wish there was 💯 react. You’re so right
That bit gets me too 🤣

Same when Florence sings about her ghosts having a hell of a time. Both bits are so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.