The Beautiful Truth

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So if my friend sends me a story I reply from my own inbox does that go to the story owner ? Or are people just watching the story and hitting reply not realising they replying to the story and not the message
I think its the latter. My friebds and i often send and remark on insta stories and nothing has ever gone back to the accounts in question

Reactions: 3
So if my friend sends me a story I reply from my own inbox does that go to the story owner ? Or are people just watching the story and hitting reply not realising they replying to the story and not the message
Don't believe in shaming but that person will see it and you've shamed them. You laugh it off but put it up for what reason then? No wonder she took it down. Glad you screenshot it.

Reactions: 2
I actually interpreted that DM as someone who was considering buying the dress and was conscious of their own tummy dming a friend to
ask it they thought the eye was drawn to the tummy,
as they wanted to be sure before buying it. I have always liked Sinead but she has changed a lot lately - I was glad to see that she was able to take a career break to spend with her children (who wouldn’t love that) and as a result I expected more ads (again, understandable), but it just appears to be one constant ad now, and if it’s not an ad, it’s an af - I
miss the natural, organic content and off the cuff recommendations. I think in becoming a full
time influencer she has lost a bit of what made her unique. I’d imagine there must be constant pressure to take jobs/sell afs to make up the lost income or make hay while the sun shines. It’s obviously working for her, there are plenty of holidays, clothes etc but she has become less relatable as a result. I do think that she appears to be a nice
person so I hope she finds the correct balance soon.

Reactions: 22
I think its the latter. My friebds and i often send and remark on insta stories and nothing has ever gone back to the accounts in question
Maeve said it's the former. Had a huge rant about it in true Maeve style on Sunday.

Story is definitely gone, I just checked Facebook too and it's not there

Reactions: 1
I actually interpreted that DM as someone who was considering buying the dress and was conscious of their own tummy dming a friend to
ask it they thought the eye was drawn to the tummy,
as they wanted to be sure before buying it.
I actually thought this too when I first read it. Don't think the aim was to put down Sinead at all.

Reactions: 6
I totally took it that way too. I dunno what universe these influencers live in. Their job literally is to sell what they show. Bizarre they think that people won’t comment on what they are showing. Those dresses were not great at all, looked cheap and tacky. The pink one was nice and I agree it did cling on the tummy quite obviously even though Sinead specifically said it didn’t and was flattering on that area. You can’t have it both ways - a following of “friends” and a following of “customers”

Reactions: 10
We're supposed to shut up, watch their ads, and spend our money on the tat they advertise. Disliking or questioning the clothes isn't allowed. I do think she jumped the gun with that message.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think so too, the poor woman was only pointing out to her friend that the dress would draw attention to any belly. Honestly I'm more sick of women not being allowed show their bellies fear they're a bit too big for people's liking but that's another matter.

Reactions: 9
All she seems to have done since taking a career break is advertise dresses, no other content at all. Just as well she had the breast reduction or it would really be dead on her Insta.

Reactions: 11
Anyone got any suggestions for new thread titles or shall we be as boring as herself and just go for The Beautiful Truth #2

Reactions: 8
I’m not a fan of the clothing she’s been showing lately. It’s all samey, doesn’t really suit her and might be grand for dressing up a bit but not day to day wear. It just feels to me that she is showing clothes for the sake of it and cos it’s quick and easy to do and not because these are clothes she actually likes or would wear. She sends them all back after her try on, you never see her wearing any of them again, so she doesn’t like them enough to buy any of them.

Reactions: 10
Thread suggestion

The Beautiful Truth is all ads now
Sinead has turned into a shallow cash cow

Reactions: 23
I’m sure this won’t be popular among any teachers here, but how much more leave could they need, my child is on mid-term at least once a month these days. Mid-term again now currently and school holidays next month. 2 weeks Easter mid-term. Midterm in March and Feb. A week off in January after the rest of us went back to work. It’s almost easier to count the weeks they are in school at this stage.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m sure this won’t be popular among any teachers here, but how much more leave could they need, my child is on mid-term at least once a month these days. Mid-term again now currently and school holidays next month. 2 weeks Easter mid-term. Midterm in March and Feb. A week off in January after the rest of us went back to work. It’s almost easier to count the weeks they are in school at this stage.
just adding some fuel to your fire 🔥 😜

Attachments

Reactions: 2