Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New vlog is up! Gifted trip to AXATAR with Basst Frand Baloney, horrible sound quality and sweet pastries for every meal, not to mention ”lyrical” scripted voiceovers that you can barely hear half the time.
Will have to watch later. Can't wait... 🤣

Reactions: 1
I don't mean to speculate in ways that aren't appropriate to the rules of Tattle (if this is, let me know please)...but I can't help but wonder about Ruby's feelings for Blakeney.
Ruby seems to be very attached to her, and films her in almost a romantic light in some shots? I've kinda wondered this for years to be honest. Not that their friendship has to be romantic or anything just because they're close, but something about the way that Ruby captures her on video, and describes her...just gets me thinking about if she has feelings for Blakeney, whether she realizes it or not.
Throwback to when she posted this last summer as well...

1715196781695.png

I do sometimes get a feeling about the presentation of their relationship too... At first, and still, often, I thought it was just two bookish posh girls, a friendship that's quite innocent, but every now and then something slips through that I just notice...

Reactions: 18
i dont understand how ruby has 800k subs and gets so many sponsorships when her editing is still atrocious at least for the intro mute your clips if you're using loud music. In some parts it's the video audio, music and voice over all playing at once. And after all these years film a damn new outro or dont use one at all 😩

Reactions: 22
I don't mean to speculate in ways that aren't appropriate to the rules of Tattle (if this is, let me know please)...but I can't help but wonder about Ruby's feelings for Blakeney.
Ruby seems to be very attached to her, and films her in almost a romantic light in some shots? I've kinda wondered this for years to be honest. Not that their friendship has to be romantic or anything just because they're close, but something about the way that Ruby captures her on video, and describes her...just gets me thinking about if she has feelings for Blakeney, whether she realizes it or not.
I totally got the same vibe, romantic or not, from the way they interact with each other I think they are honestly very close. Ignoring the fact that the trip was gifted and the horrible quality of the video, its almost sweet. Ruby seems to put on less of a persona and seems to genuinely enjoy her time with Blakeney in this vlog.
Do we know what Blakeney does after finishing Exeter? I cant help but wonder if Ruby wouldn't be much healthier if she had stuck with Blakeney instead of running home to her parents and then chasing Oxford.

Reactions: 12
Do we know what Blakeney does after finishing Exeter? I cant help but wonder if Ruby wouldn't be much healthier if she had stuck with Blakeney instead of running home to her parents and then chasing Oxford.
Ruby mentioned before that Blakeney is also studying for a Masters. I think she may be doing this at Exeter. She is mentioned here https://www.exeter.ac.uk/research/institutes/sci/research/affiliatedprojects/pandemicpreparedness/ as a Research Assistant on this recent project.

I enjoyed this blog, Ruby came across as genuinely happy.

Edit: I had a nose around and Blakeney organised a children's book festival last year. She seems very hardworking and passionate about promoting the creative arts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I doubt she’s actually well connected. Her dad has made some money and hid it away in the Virgin Islands, but it’s new money and they’re a family of wannabes at best. She may be able to fake her way into an entry-level publishing job but she’ll bail out at the first chance she gets because she’s neither interested in actually working, nor is she particularly intelligent.
Forgive me if this is common tattle knowledge, but how exactly did he make a large amount of money and hide it away? or is this just a joke i'm not picking up on.
---
lol you weren’t kidding 😂😂😂

View attachment 2920137
to me this looks a bit like she's depressed and all the alice in wonderland reality stuff is worrying. however, knowing who ruby is, it may not be that deep and she probably just thinks it makes her look quirky and interesting or she just is back to playing child again. either way, yikes.

Reactions: 6
Ruby mentioned before that Blakeney is also studying for a Masters. I think she may be doing this at Exeter. She is mentioned here https://www.exeter.ac.uk/research/institutes/sci/research/affiliatedprojects/pandemicpreparedness/ as a Research Assistant on this recent project.

I enjoyed this blog, Ruby came across as genuinely happy.

Edit: I had a nose around and Blakeney organised a children's book festival last year. She seems very hardworking and passionate about promoting the creative arts.
Quoting myself because I can't find the edit button but it looks like Blakeney may actually be at Cambridge doing a course Ruby would like! https://pearcelecture.com/joseph-coelho-creativity-through-poetry/

Reactions: 3
Honestly? Its is nice to sed Ruby so animated and genuinely happy when she is with Blakeney. She (kinda) actd her age and acts more as areal person than when she tries to do her vlogs alone. Alonse, she tries to be so eloquent, poetic and mysterious, but here she just acts like a young person with her friend.

Also, Ruby saying "it's giving Rapunzel"?? I didn't know she knew modern lingo

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I think Ruby is 100% in love with Blakeney. She was so happy to see her, couldn't take her eyes off her and was laughing and giggly, very flirty. I hope the feeling is reciprocated, they could make a great couple :)

Reactions: 5
I think Ruby is 100% in love with Blakeney. She was so happy to see her, couldn't take her eyes off her and was laughing and giggly, very flirty. I hope the feeling is reciprocated, they could make a great couple :)
I agree but I don't personally think Blakeney gives off the same vibes towards Ruby. Idk it feels like a one sided crush to me.
But I don't really want to speculate on someone's sexuality or the nature of a relationship between two people.

Reactions: 13
I agree but I don't personally think Blakeney gives off the same vibes towards Ruby. Idk it feels like a one sided crush to me.
But I don't really want to speculate on someone's sexuality or the nature of a relationship between two people.
I love to speculate on other's people's lives :) Sadly, i think you might be right about Blakeney not giving off the same vibes though.

Reactions: 8
Most of us who think she has a crush on B are not straight ourselves so there is nothing wrong with speculation.

Besides, we're long past the don't ask don't tell days.

Reactions: 7
I love to speculate on other's people's lives :) Sadly, i think you might be right about Blakeney not giving off the same vibes though.
I was surprised to see Blakeney talking more in this one. Usually Ruby talks over her or uses footage of her in the background.

Reactions: 5
I think it's harder to tell from looking at Blakeney because she has a better grip on her emotions and behaviour while Ruby is a bit delayed in development and spilling all over the place.

Reactions: 7
I think it's harder to tell from looking at Blakeney because she has a better grip on her emotions and behaviour while Ruby is a bit delayed in development and spilling all over the place.
That's true. Surely B must know how Ruby thinks of her? Even if you don't spot it in the moment, one watch of those videos makes it pretty obvious to me.

Also, i thought that hotel looked like Fawlty Towers, horrible dining room, felt like the sort of place you'd go for your Year 6 residential trip.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Most of us who think she has a crush on B are not straight ourselves so there is nothing wrong with speculation.

Besides, we're long past the don't ask don't tell days.
That's not what I'm talking about, it feels weirdly invasive to speculate about how two people feel about each other and their sexuality based on social media posts.
If I was Ruby or Blakeney I wouldn't want people publicly speculating on my feelings for a close friends. It could also make things weird between them (not that Ruby needs any help being awkward lol)
I'm not policing anyone though, I don't care if others talk about it, just expressing my view.

Reactions: 14
Ruby acts so much more like a normal person when she's around blakeney. I think if she took some distance from her parent's house and didn't spend as much time in her own head she could become very tolerable

Reactions: 15