Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
frankly she’d be a shoe-in for Civil Service fast stream
On paper maybe, but I can’t see her coping with the selection process. And where would she go? I can’t see her coping with working in central Government at all.

The thing with Ruby is that she doesn’t really want to work, and she doesn’t really have to. Honestly, I can see her going a bit Fundie and embracing the ‘stay at home daughter’ tread, although I can’t see Ma and Pa loving that.

Reactions: 9
On paper maybe, but I can’t see her coping with the selection process. And where would she go? I can’t see her coping with working in central Government at all.

The thing with Ruby is that she doesn’t really want to work, and she doesn’t really have to. Honestly, I can see her going a bit Fundie and embracing the ‘stay at home daughter’ tread, although I can’t see Ma and Pa loving that.
I said she’d be a shoe in (rich white girl, uni degree, able to memorise and pass exams) but the actual work and working with people she would be awful at

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I could actually picture her working in a bookshop, archive or library but I think you might need extra qualifications to be an archivist. I could also picture her working in a museum maybe. Not saying she’d be good at any of these or that she’d last long but I think those are the kind of jobs she probably pictures herself going into so if she pursued any kind of actual job I reckon it would be that. But yeah definitely not a traditional 9-5 office job.
That would require her actually having any set of skills, dedication, or ability to work with the general public (I know you mentioned she wouldn't be good at these things and I agree, I just think it's crazy that she probably does see herself working in places like that). Ruby has never had a job in her life, let alone a job that requires her to help customers, work a till, stock a floor, work hard, or deal with the general public in any capacity. She would absolutely flounder, probably cry home to mummy, and then retreat to her bedroom and twirl in her fields. It's pathetic considering she's a 24 year old grown woman.

Reactions: 9
I could personally see her having a stab at teaching, but I can't think she would be very good at it, or it very good for her. Especially with the profession in the state it is. Though, that's in the state sector. She could teach in the private sector (they love people with Oxbridge degrees).

This isn't a jab at her either. Ruby reminds me of myself a couple years ago before I started working full time, and I was glad I didn't go for teaching then. I've developed so much in just having employment and paying bills and stuff. I made the decision because almost all the best teachers I had were career changers.

She could, in theory, go on to work in the university. I know someone who did that after his degree, went on to work in the offices of a college. It would enable her to live her dark macadamia dreams for a while longer. It's not the best paid work, but you're in and around Oxford.

Reactions: 11
I could personally see her having a stab at teaching, but I can't think she would be very good at it, or it very good for her. Especially with the profession in the state it is. Though, that's in the state sector. She could teach in the private sector (they love people with Oxbridge degrees).

This isn't a jab at her either. Ruby reminds me of myself a couple years ago before I started working full time, and I was glad I didn't go for teaching then. I've developed so much in just having employment and paying bills and stuff. I made the decision because almost all the best teachers I had were career changers.

She could, in theory, go on to work in the university. I know someone who did that after his degree, went on to work in the offices of a college. It would enable her to live her dark macadamia dreams for a while longer. It's not the best paid work, but you're in and around Oxford.
Yeah I have a friend who did the same after her humanities PhD as she wasn't able to land a proper research job but wanted the cache of being able to say she was "working at Cambridge Uni" 🙄 - there are plenty of admin jobs in universities that enable you to stay connected to academia while not actually doing it.

Reactions: 10
Don't well connected and over educated girls like Ruby inevitably end up in publishing?

Reactions: 8
But has she been living her dark macademia dream? Because I haven't felt it. She never seemed to connect to Oxford like I expected her to. She limited her social time even more than Exeter, and while I am sure that part of that is due to academic workload, I also feel like she was disappointed in the total experience. She wants to play the fool and romanticize everything, she wanted to do selfies with Oxford settings behind her, but found out everyone was staring and wondering why she was being so childish, so she chose the lift selfies.

I expect she will end up back home, talk very little about Oxford and her future, write, twirl, and waste away in her filthy bedroom, travelling and putting out pathetic content with no purpose. So, pretty much the usual Rubbage content.

Reactions: 15
Don't well connected and over educated girls like Ruby inevitably end up in publishing?
I doubt she’s actually well connected. Her dad has made some money and hid it away in the Virgin Islands, but it’s new money and they’re a family of wannabes at best. She may be able to fake her way into an entry-level publishing job but she’ll bail out at the first chance she gets because she’s neither interested in actually working, nor is she particularly intelligent.

Reactions: 21
I doubt she’s actually well connected. Her dad has made some money and hid it away in the Virgin Islands, but it’s new money and they’re a family of wannabes at best. She may be able to fake her way into an entry-level publishing job but she’ll bail out at the first chance she gets because she’s neither interested in actually working, nor is she particularly intelligent.
Well, you're not wrong but didn't she get a position of some kind at a museum (?) and get loads of access to things that ordinary volunteers don't get? Soz, can't remember that actual place it was 🫣

Reactions: 1
Well, you're not wrong but didn't she get a position of some kind at a museum (?) and get loads of access to things that ordinary volunteers don't get? Soz, can't remember that actual place it was 🫣
It was the Emily Dickinson Museum.

The things she did there were things that any museum visitor can do, they just have to pay for it, which Ruby refused to mention. It wasn't a job or a volunteer position (she did none of the work volunteers do there), she was just gifted some tours and merch in exchange for advertising the museum on her channel.

It was just a standard influencer ad that she didn't declare, lied about and embellished into work experience to make the whole thing seem more impressive and to pad her CV for her Oxford application.

Reactions: 16
Lately she has been super busy on Pinterest, which is pretty odd for someone who is in their last semester at Oxford, writing their dissertation. And nothing academia related. Young girls, teenagers, in white lingerie, white dresses and white nightgowns. All looking forlorn. Get ready. This could be another summer of her roaming around her yard, laying on the grass in a white nightie, staring up at the sky, musing as she quotes poetry to us. Gag.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Lately she has been super busy on Pinterest, which is pretty odd for someone who is in their last semester at Oxford, writing their dissertation. And nothing academia related. Young girls, teenagers, in white lingerie, white dresses and white nightgowns. All looking forlorn. Get ready. This could be another summer of her roaming around her yard, laying on the grass in a white nightie, staring up at the sky, musing as she quotes poetry to us. Gag.
lol you weren’t kidding 😂😂😂

IMG_2867.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I could actually picture her working in a bookshop, archive or library but I think you might need extra qualifications to be an archivist. I could also picture her working in a museum maybe. Not saying she’d be good at any of these or that she’d last long but I think those are the kind of jobs she probably pictures herself going into so if she pursued any kind of actual job I reckon it would be that. But yeah definitely not a traditional 9-5 office job.
Agree, and somewhere where she doesnt have to manage other people. She would be a horrific line manager.

Reactions: 7
lol you weren’t kidding 😂😂😂

View attachment 2920137
Yes! Not only is it strange that her theme is so depressing and washed out, but the fact that most of these photos are of young children or young teens is downright disturbing. She just cannot grow up and seems to be getting worse and worse dealing with maturity. She is almost a quarter of a century old. 30 will come up fast and furious and she has no idea how to adult in any aspect.

New vlog is up! Gifted trip to AXATAR with Basst Frand Baloney, horrible sound quality and sweet pastries for every meal, not to mention ”lyrical” scripted voiceovers that you can barely hear half the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Another vlog. Another ad. Another getaway with best friend Blakeney because it is paid for and no one else wants to go with her. Paid for, says Blakeney? Sure, I'll do it! Best friend.

Other than that, mostly more of her foolish and barely audible musings of Exeter, which is interesting since she said he hated university in one of her post Exeter videos, and talking about vegan food. Oh, and the amazingness of having a friend. You, too, can be like Ruby and have a single friend who only gets together with you once or twice a year for paid events and vacations! Enjoy that friendship, Rubbish. Sounds solid.

I don't mean to speculate in ways that aren't appropriate to the rules of Tattle (if this is, let me know please)...but I can't help but wonder about Ruby's feelings for Blakeney.
Ruby seems to be very attached to her, and films her in almost a romantic light in some shots? I've kinda wondered this for years to be honest. Not that their friendship has to be romantic or anything just because they're close, but something about the way that Ruby captures her on video, and describes her...just gets me thinking about if she has feelings for Blakeney, whether she realizes it or not.

Reactions: 21