Laura Adlington #4 Dream house, dream job AND still a miserable, moaning, ungrateful whinger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wish she’d bake stuff. That’s why she became well known, that’s why people liked her - that’s what many of us would like to see more of! A baking channel would be way more authentic and interesting than 50 shades of floral midi dress, shown from the front only.

Reactions: 19
I just wish she’d bake stuff. That’s why she became well known, that’s why people liked her - that’s what many of us would like to see more of! A baking channel would be way more authentic and interesting than 50 shades of floral midi dress, shown from the front only.
She's too lazy to do that.

Reactions: 5
I would really enjoy it if she did baking stuff. I originally found her through Lottie and as I have said before, I like the two dresses and different bodies stuff (even if I'm neither Lottie size or Laura size but I do like seeing the contrast and I think the concept is a good one) but the more I watch her the more I think she isn't happy with her lot and baking was her thing and she's good at it and she should embrace that! I love a cake and as someone who can't bake for toffee I enjoy watching other people make it look easy.

Reactions: 3
I would really enjoy it if she did baking stuff. I originally found her through Lottie and as I have said before, I like the two dresses and different bodies stuff (even if I'm neither Lottie size or Laura size but I do like seeing the contrast and I think the concept is a good one) but the more I watch her the more I think she isn't happy with her lot and baking was her thing and she's good at it and she should embrace that! I love a cake and as someone who can't bake for toffee I enjoy watching other people make it look easy.
yes exactly this! I love it when people have a talent or a passion and share it through their insta. I’m not saying don’t do fashion, but if that was a side thing to baking, her account would be way more interesting.

trying on clothes isn’t a skill or a passion, that’s why her account feels so soulless. She can’t possibly be living a happy and fulfilled life sitting in her house alone all week and filming the odd video of herself squeezing into a size too small dress or picking up a handbag.

Reactions: 11
It would be a lot of work to plan, film and edit a cookery video. I suspect that is why she doesn’t bother as she prefers to prat around in too-tight mumus coz that is easy to film and quick to edit.

The hardest bit for her is probably walking to the front door to get the delivery then trying to squeeze herself in and out of the dress with Lotties assistance to cut her out of it again. Plus help to do her shoes up.

Has she ever done any cookery content on her Insta?

• Haha
It was all baking and then she’d wear some nice stuff whilst doing so and was generally very relatable. She was nice and fun to watch.

There’s a stark difference in her since she gave up work to do full time insta-hunnin.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think she is lazy- I think she’s depressed. I’m self employed and work from home (not an influencer!!) and it can be incredibly lonely. You have to be very good at being self- motivated, and it is SO easy to lose days if you’re not structuring them properly. If you’re doing something that doesn’t fulfil you, it’s even easier to let time run away with you.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she is lazy- I think she’s depressed. I’m self employed and work from home (not an influencer!!) and it can be incredibly lonely. You have to be very good at being self- motivated, and it is SO easy to lose days if you’re not structuring them properly. If you’re doing something that doesn’t fulfil you, it’s even easier to let time run away with you.
100%. if you look at her influencer friends, Lauren still has her day job to give her structure and focus, plus she sings in a choir and she's very good at making herself go out for walks. Lottie D has her daughter to give her life a routine and a purpose. Other than looking after/walking Buddy, what does Laura have going on in life to stop the days blurring into one long sit on the sofa? She doesn't seem to go out much, other than to her favourite pub for a Sunday roast. She's said she hardly bakes any more. But it's all of her making - if she wanted to use her platform properly she could make influencing more fulfilling and use it to connect with people. However lazy Laura just thinks a couple of hashtags will start a plus size clothing movement and then agrees to collab with brands that don't even #StockHerSize.

100%. if you look at her influencer friends, Lauren still has her day job to give her structure and focus, plus she sings in a choir and she's very good at making herself go out for walks. Lottie D has her daughter to give her life a routine and a purpose. Other than looking after/walking Buddy, what does Laura have going on in life to stop the days blurring into one long sit on the sofa? She doesn't seem to go out much, other than to her favourite pub for a Sunday roast. She's said she hardly bakes any more. But it's all of her making - if she wanted to use her platform properly she could make influencing more fulfilling and use it to connect with people. However lazy Laura just thinks a couple of hashtags will start a plus size clothing movement and then agrees to collab with brands that don't even #StockHerSize.
Lottie has 0 routine and if you watch her content, it’s just as sad, depressing and over the top moany… Lottie also quit her actual job to be an influenza and she constantly moans about how hard life is…

• Haha
I have always surmised that the point of what they’re saying is if you want to be very overweight and kill yourself you should be allowed to do it? And if you’re not unhappy about the way you look being very overweight that’s ok too? And the world should accommodate that in clothing theatre seats airline seats etc? The nhs should care for everybody regardless of the reasons they have the illness disability they have no matter why they have it. Do I agree with absolute autonomy? Yes I suppose so!
I think I understand the point that people are allowed to do what they like with their bodies and no one should be shamed for how they look. However where they lose me a little is something about demanding companies and brands should do better, work harder, yet no personal responsibility? Laura doesn’t have to change anything or take any responsibility for her weight, but the rest of the world does?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think I understand the point that people are allowed to do what they like with their bodies and no one should be shamed for how they look. However where they lose me a little is something about demanding companies and brands should do better, work harder, yet no personal responsibility? Laura doesn’t have to change anything or take any responsibility for her weight, but the rest of the world does?
I think it's more basic than that. Whether people think it's right/healthy/whatever, people exist who need clothes above a size 22-24. What are they supposed to do, walk around naked? Wear bin bags? If you live in a body that size it must be difficult doing something that a 'straight' size person doesn't think twice about - like ordering a basic new black t-shirt or a swimming costume.

I don't want to get into a "it's not healthy they should lose some weight" debate about this. Some people have tried but can't, some people have medical conditions that make it difficult, some people are just OK being that size. All I'm saying is that people of those sizes exist and they need clothes too.

Laura could be an amazing ally and true campaigner for those people, but she just posts a few half-arsed comments and it comes across as moaning and entitled.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
But she creates such a mess in the kitchen ppl would not want to see that again, in the tent was bad enough! Lol plus she is far too lazy.lol

Reactions: 2
It would be a lot of work to plan, film and edit a cookery video. I suspect that is why she doesn’t bother as she prefers to prat around in too-tight mumus coz that is easy to film and quick to edit.

The hardest bit for her is probably walking to the front door to get the delivery then trying to squeeze herself in and out of the dress with Lotties assistance to cut her out of it again. Plus help to do her shoes up.

Has she ever done any cookery content on her Insta?
only the Hello Freah ads!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm almost certain it's illegal for them to have sold tickets and now refuse to issue refunds to customers who can no longer attend. Such a cheap way to run an event. They are now literally making their customers do the donkey work and find someone to buy their tickets otherwise they lose out. They need to be reported for that. Anyone supporting this event is a fool and needs to give their head a wobble. They are being taken for absolute mugs. Shame on these women and the agency they are tied to isn't worth the paper it's name is written on.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm almost certain it's illegal for them to have sold tickets and now refuse to issue refunds to customers who can no longer attend. Such a cheap way to run an event. They are now literally making their customers do the donkey work and find someone to buy their tickets otherwise they lose out. They need to be reported for that. Anyone supporting this event is a fool and needs to give their head a wobble. They are being taken for absolute mugs. Shame on these women and the agency they are tied to isn't worth the paper it's name is written on.
It can’t possibly be illegal as every theatre ticket I’ve ever bought is non refundable, except for when they relaxed it a bit when covid restrictions were happening. It’s really common not to offer refunds and at most offer a resell option.
---
I’m still intrigued by what this show is going to be. Is it makeovers on stage? It just doesn’t sound very engaging for the audience.

Reactions: 11
only the Hello Freah ads!
Don't forget her beloved Estrid ADs! I gave into the hype over lockdown and started a subscription. I cancelled it once I realised the razors are akin to the ones in Boots etc marketed at women. Their only decent products were the (discontinued) shave cream & watermelon jelly 🥲.

ANYWAY

What I'm trying to say is... if she got paid to do so, Laura would advertise tit on a stick as the best thing since sliced bread 🤣. Never seen someone so disingenuous

It can’t possibly be illegal as every theatre ticket I’ve ever bought is non refundable, except for when they relaxed it a bit when covid restrictions were happening. It’s really common not to offer refunds and at most offer a resell option.
---
I’m still intrigued by what this show is going to be. Is it makeovers on stage? It just doesn’t sound very engaging for the audience.
Its not a theatre production, regardless of the venue.
Screenshot_20240430_195406.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.