Laura Adlington #4 Dream house, dream job AND still a miserable, moaning, ungrateful whinger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When’s she’s bad a heart attack from promoting an obese life style- and god forbid nothing more- will she get the message then? She cannot hold a conversation or walk from one end of the room without being out of breath. She cannot tie shoes laces as her gut gets in the way. She cannot have children. All due to her weight. When is she going to wake up and realise? This instagram life isn’t forever but the way she’s piling on the pounds she won’t be here for much longer. Her body is crying out for help, but she can’t/won’t see it.

Reactions: 8
When’s she’s bad a heart attack from promoting an obese life style- and god forbid nothing more- will she get the message then? She cannot hold a conversation or walk from one end of the room without being out of breath. She cannot tie shoes laces as her gut gets in the way. She cannot have children. All due to her weight. When is she going to wake up and realise? This instagram life isn’t forever but the way she’s piling on the pounds she won’t be here for much longer. Her body is crying out for help, but she can’t/won’t see it.
When will she realise she's the reason her husband won't be a father either but he could be if he left her. If she keeps making digs at him and he really wants kids he'll wake up one morning and decide it's time to leave and go elsewhere.

Reactions: 11
It wasnr that long ago that she posted a picture of herself all done up but she couldn't fasten her shoe cos she was on her own 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 8
When will she realise she's the reason her husband won't be a father either but he could be if he left her. If she keeps making digs at him and he really wants kids he'll wake up one morning and decide it's time to leave and go elsewhere.
We don’t actually know the fertility issues are hers because of her weight though - it could be Matt’s issues but they aren’t eligible for NHS help due to her weight

Reactions: 12
She’ll probably ignore all health concerns until she’s given a kick up the butt IF she attends the NHS age 40 health check where they usually scaremonger you into sorting your tit out unless you want to head to an early grave. She probably won’t go to it though because she knows better. I wonder what size she’ll be by the time she’s 40…

Reactions: 3
I think my problem with the podcast is that sometimes it is just too negative. They tit on a lot of things (often rightly so) saying that they don’t work, things need to change, companies need to do better. Slimming world doesn’t focus enough on nutrition, clothing brands need to size up, airlines should be doing better, restaurant chairs need to be bigger etc etc. I think the podcast is at it’s best when it’s positive, talking about things you can and should do. Go swimming, wear sexy underwear, book holidays without fear etc. i know it’s not a weight loss show but more emphasis on how you can improve your life in easy manageable ways and do better for yourself, instead of why companies are awful and everyone else needs to do better, wouldn’t be amiss.

Lauren’s instagram seems more positive, she’s talking about how she loves a challenge and a goal so a step counting challenge works for her, and how when she feels tit she goes for a walk with music. She showed some of her favourite healthier breakfast.

But when Laura talks about getting healthier she just says diets don’t work, she doesn’t want a personal trainer, she doesn’t want to change how she eats. There are softer ways you can do it but I don’t get the vibe she’s even willing to try.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think my problem with the podcast is that sometimes it is just too negative. They tit on a lot of things (often rightly so) saying that they don’t work, things need to change, companies need to do better. Slimming world doesn’t focus enough on nutrition, clothing brands need to size up, airlines should be doing better, restaurant chairs need to be bigger etc etc. I think the podcast is at it’s best when it’s positive, talking about things you can and should do. Go swimming, wear sexy underwear, book holidays without fear etc. i know it’s not a weight loss show but more emphasis on how you can improve your life in easy manageable ways and do better for yourself, instead of why companies are awful and everyone else needs to do better, wouldn’t be amiss.

Lauren’s instagram seems more positive, she’s talking about how she loves a challenge and a goal so a step counting challenge works for her, and how when she feels tit she goes for a walk with music. She showed some of her favourite healthier breakfast.

But when Laura talks about getting healthier she just says diets don’t work, she doesn’t want a personal trainer, she doesn’t want to change how she eats. There are softer ways you can do it but I don’t get the vibe she’s even willing to try.
Laura is afraid of change. If she loses weight she’ll lose her influencing career and then what? She’s a prisoner of her obesity.

Reactions: 2
Absolutely no evidence to back this up but is it the influencing life that leads to all these “my mental health” posts? Lauren, Laura, Poppy Adams, they’re all at it. Maybe the lack of an actual direction in life is making them miserable but it’s almost trendy now to have “down days/under the weather days/how I deal with my bad mood”. We all have them but tit still needs doing. Seeing this lot sitting on the couch with their weighted blankets and their comfort foods and their skincare regimes withers me. Get a bleeping purpose and shut the duck up.

Reactions: 11
Absolutely no evidence to back this up but is it the influencing life that leads to all these “my mental health” posts? Lauren, Laura, Poppy Adams, they’re all at it. Maybe the lack of an actual direction in life is making them miserable but it’s almost trendy now to have “down days/under the weather days/how I deal with my bad mood”. We all have them but tit still needs doing. Seeing this lot sitting on the couch with their weighted blankets and their comfort foods and their skincare regimes withers me. Get a bleeping purpose and shut the duck up.
I have awful down days so I sympathise with anyone else that does.
BUT, I’m absolutely convinced that being a so called influencer, is a very lonely and isolated and shut off from reality kind of life.
It can’t possibly help your mental health to spend so much time cocooned in your own bubble.
And I can only speak for myself here, but when I’m at home I can forget about the extra few stone I’m trying to lose; but when I’m getting ready to go out somewhere, I feel utterly miserable, to the point of anxiety.
Hence why I’m getting the excess weight off.

Reactions: 9

Trouble with Laura is she doesn’t believe in diets but she also doesn’t do anything to keep her body healthy, she’ll say weight doesn’t equal health but does she really feel healthy? It doesn’t seem so. I wish they would get someone on there to talk about positive changes that could be made with foods/exercise etc but can’t see that happening, so many of the listeners are deluded (from comments I see on the FB group) and would benefit from some advice. I wonder when the podcast will be back, this is the longest break they’ve had I think.

Reactions: 6
To an extent yes. Also we are social creatures. Their lives are like rollercoasters. Weeks of sitting at home doing nothing. Then its weeks of high intensity stuff, events, meetings etc. and you always have to have content. Ylu always have to have a new product to shill.
and you want to be relatable… Lottie jumped on every bandwagon too and made having issues her personality. Laura is probably mirroring it

I have always surmised that the point of what they’re saying is if you want to be very overweight and kill yourself you should be allowed to do it? And if you’re not unhappy about the way you look being very overweight that’s ok too? And the world should accommodate that in clothing theatre seats airline seats etc? The nhs should care for everybody regardless of the reasons they have the illness disability they have no matter why they have it. Do I agree with absolute autonomy? Yes I suppose so!

Reactions: 1
We don’t actually know the fertility issues are hers because of her weight though - it could be Matt’s issues but they aren’t eligible for NHS help due to her weight
But she is refusing to lose weight to help the situation, regardless of who has the issues. A sensitive topic, and it’s not right to point ‘blame’ but by knowing she isn’t entitled to help until she slims down she is halting all support out there. And for that she is stopping him having a chance at fatherhood.

But she is refusing to lose weight to help the situation, regardless of who has the issues. A sensitive topic, and it’s not right to point ‘blame’ but by knowing she isn’t entitled to help until she slims down she is halting all support out there. And for that she is stopping him having a chance at fatherhood.
True, she would be a better candidate for IVF if she lost weight to within the guidelines for BMI for that particular procedure. Perhaps that would give them a way of having a baby, perhaps it wouldn’t. Perhaps they have decided they would rather carry on with the life they currently lead and that having a child isn’t as much of a priority if it means drastic changes. I doubt that’s the case when she clearly still feels such visceral emotion about it.

I would challenge the statement that she is denying him the chance to be a parent. He’s a grown man making his own choices. He chooses to stay.

Reactions: 2
I have always surmised that the point of what they’re saying is if you want to be very overweight and kill yourself you should be allowed to do it? And if you’re not unhappy about the way you look being very overweight that’s ok too? And the world should accommodate that in clothing theatre seats airline seats etc? The nhs should care for everybody regardless of the reasons they have the illness disability they have no matter why they have it. Do I agree with absolute autonomy? Yes I suppose so!
Yeah no. If medical professionals know that treatment isn’t likely to work or there are risks and complications are likely to come up because of someone’s weight then they have every right to refuse treatment.

I feel like we are going round in circles with the conversations on this thread 🤦🏼‍♀️ I swear we’ve had the “if she really wanted kids she’d lose weight” discussion 3 or 4 times now!

Reactions: 24
Spoiler alert 💥 Shes being paid so she LOOOVESSS all the bags 🙄 Yet to see them being paid by a brand and saying the quality is appalling and they hate it. Get in the bin.
Also, sorry but it's true and yes it's been said many times but... How sad when you are on your deathbed and you look back at your life and that one burning desire deep in your heart was to try to have a baby and you didn't because you wouldn't try to lose weight. That's heartbreaking to be honest.
Every mini egg she eats puts her further from that desire that she has shared. Too too sad really not to chase your dream with everything you've got.

Spoiler alert 💥 Shes being paid so she LOOOVESSS all the bags 🙄 Yet to see them being paid by a brand and saying the quality is appalling and they hate it. Get in the bin.
Also, sorry but it's true and yes it's been said many times but... How sad when you are on your deathbed and you look back at your life and that one burning desire deep in your heart was to try to have a baby and you didn't because you wouldn't try to lose weight. That's heartbreaking to be honest.
Every mini egg she eats puts her further from that desire that she has shared. Too too sad really not to chase your dream with everything you've got.
Its not just not having a baby. But also she doesn’t have a life. I’m sorry but rotting at home 80% of the time and trying on dresses once a week and making goofy fake ditsy content isn’t a life. Sje doesn’t have real friends or a career with growth opportunities or anything at all. She isn’t satisfied with her life and she isn’t happy and it shows. She can be paid whatever money, it won’t make her happy. Their million pound house didn’t make her happy so it tells you everything… also soon enough she won’t fit in a car to drive and then what?

Reactions: 10
Its not just not having a baby. But also she doesn’t have a life. I’m sorry but rotting at home 80% of the time and trying on dresses once a week and making goofy fake ditsy content isn’t a life. Sje doesn’t have real friends or a career with growth opportunities or anything at all. She isn’t satisfied with her life and she isn’t happy and it shows. She can be paid whatever money, it won’t make her happy. Their million pound house didn’t make her happy so it tells you everything… also soon enough she won’t fit in a car to drive and then what?
Very sad actually

Given she started a home insta with the intention of having more home decor content and she lasted about 5 posts, I think she's just too lazy to do anything with her life. She's the most miserable person I've ever seen.

Reactions: 12