Jack Monroe #570 Delusions of Relevance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would be really interested to hear how she’s financially supporting herself these days, the Patreon alone isn’t enough to meet her fixed costs let alone the lifestyle she’d become accustom to. She must be working, or her rich parents must be helping out. Assuming it’s the latter as she’s not wheeled out horror stories of what it’s like to work for a living.
She can also claim unemployment benefits now that she is unable to work her famously hardworking 100 Hours a Week (trademarked) because of eebil stalkers, hackers and malicious shelf-stackers
---
Don't be too hard on guest, she's the only person who offers featu
This is brilliant!! Too niche for a thread title?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Does the canal think things financially maybe edging back into selling the lightbulbs off territory again?
She hasn't done any visible work for months either on the telly, in journalism or ads (except that airfryers horroshow) and Patreon although a regular income isn't what it used to-be.

I'd be feeling a bit worried about keeping body and soul together.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Does the canal think things financially maybe edging back into selling the lightbulbs off territory again?
She hasn't done any visible work for months either on the telly, in journalism or ads (except that airfryers horroshow) and Patreon although a regular income isn't what it used to-be.

Honestly? Who cares?! She can be rubbing sticks together to keep warm for all I care.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The airfryer nonsense will never not be funny. What a bleeping fanny.

I'm not even going to touch upon the kickyball though. Football, or soccer for our Yank friends, can duck all the way off at the moment 🔔🔚

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Did ML criticise her? I missed this, wasn't she always trying to cosy up to him? What was said?
Some of the more forensic fraus will no doubt have the receipts. But IIRC when guest offered her rabbit-hole-researched advice on lowering energy/heating costs - like not pre-paying bills and applying for a voucher that only the povviest povs were eligible for - Martin made some rather pointed Twitter posts about how these were not good ideas, and some of them were likely to get your power cut off entirely. Which I suppose is one way to save money on energy costs....

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Some of the more forensic fraus will no doubt have the receipts. But IIRC when guest offered her rabbit-hole-researched advice on lowering energy/heating costs - like not pre-paying bills and applying for a voucher that only the povviest povs were eligible for - Martin made some rather pointed Twitter posts about how these were not good ideas, and some of them were likely to get your power cut off entirely. Which I suppose is one way to save money on energy costs....
It's almost like she wouldn't know because she's never actually been poor.

She's an absolute weapon. I'm so glad there's pushback on Twitter. The tide has turned more than I ever thought it would and it's bloody great.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Qmlan but this sock has started posting again this morning at exactly the same time Jack has started posting again this morning. And the output from today is 100% posts arguing on random accounts that are anti Jack.
Just a coincidence I'm sure.
“Pipe down, Socktopus” -Ariel Anderseen, 2023

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I don’t think the squig understands what ‘niche’ means, which figures really.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
haha one of the usuals on twitter posted the whole thing today
So I am not for a second doubting that this is bollocks, but I am mathematically / data analysis challenged lol so can a smarter Frau let me know why this is so stupid?? I am assuming it’s because the voltage of an appliance has nothing to do with the cost of running it, it is just the level of electricity required to run it safely? Pls help a silly goose out 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 31
So I am not for a second doubting that this is bollocks, but I am mathematically / data analysis challenged lol so can a smarter Frau let me know why this is so stupid?? I am assuming it’s because the voltage of an appliance has nothing to do with the cost of running it, it is just the level of electricity required to run it safely? Pls help a silly goose out 😫
Because the uk use 240v, that’s what our appliances run on, to use an American appliances one requires a costly step down transformer to run them as to not use one would blow the thing up as they’re on 110/120v iirc. But yeah, the amount of energy it used would not be altered by the voltage being lower, not solely because you can’t do it anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Diverting from DidYouSeeThatLudicrousDisplayLastNight Jack, I’ve just remembered when Queen’s Gambit was trending and she was rambling on about how she was competing in national chess tournaments as a young’en 😂

So far she’s cosplayed her life on:
The Queen’s Gambit
Peeky Blinders
Wednesday
Baby Reindeer

I know we say she’s terrible with money, but she is getting the most out of her Netflix subscription.
Don’t forget when she finally got around to watching Breaking Bad - ended up in a fugue state days later

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Because the uk use 240v, that’s what our appliances run on, to use an American appliances one requires a costly step down transformer to run them as to not use one would blow the thing up as they’re on 110/120v iirc. But yeah, the amount of energy it used would not be altered by the voltage being lower, not solely because you can’t do it anyway.
Omg I seeee so her flapping her gums about getting a “cheaper voltage” isn’t even possible because of the standard UK voltage. Thank you so much for indulging me haha

God I am humiliated for her most of the time with the shite she chats but with this it was the way she announced it with such confidence and like she was doing some service to society…absolute weapon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Omg I seeee so her flapping her gums about getting a “cheaper voltage” isn’t even possible because of the standard UK voltage. Thank you so much for indulging me haha

God I am humiliated for her most of the time with the shite she chats but with this it was the way she announced it with such confidence and like she was doing some service to society…absolute weapon.
It was made even more delicious by her having done an ad for Octopus Energy a few years ago “oh yeah, a keelowatt hour!” Literally about understanding the leccy bill.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

She never ever unscrewed lightbulbs

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It was made even more delicious by her having done an ad for Octopus Energy a few years ago “oh yeah, a keelowatt hour!” Literally about understanding the leccy bill.
Like swapping a radiator for a cooker, cos of gas in the pipes 🙄 if brains were dynamite, she wouldn't have enough to blow a small stetson off

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.