Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Em was really nice! In fact we've seen her at a few events and she's always very smily. Tina seems more complicated tbh.

The nicest of all was Ashley and Scott

I’m quite surprised by this tbh. Of those 3, Em comes across as the one I’d peg as being rude/unfriendly. I just find her personality in vlogs with the others to be a bit ‘off’. I’ve always felt she’s putting on a show of being nice when she’s around other people.

Hiding the can of Thatchers at 11am is hilarious! Was she riding that day, already finished or just spectating?
---
I have met them in the past and Tina is pretty rude every time and Han is rude and not very likeable. Meg seems very professional and lights up for a camera, something a little “off” though. Em seems really nice and genuine in real life. This has all been at events so they may be different at other times

Reactions: 3
Thats surprising that Tina doesn’t come across well, is she a bit shy/awkward maybe? It doesn’t surprise me that Em is friendly as I think she comes across well in general.
Meg, like her or not, is professional in front of a camera and does have a confidence and engaging way about her. I can imagine her being able to turn on the charm for people when needed. She’s not soft, her brand relies on her keeping people interested in her and the best way to do that is to be likeable and approachable.

Reactions: 4
I've only ever interacted with Meg & Tina online (I sent Meg a small gift way way way back in the day) and she was so polite & nice in her response. Tina was as well but maybe came off as a bit more abrupt.

Thats surprising that Tina doesn’t come across well, is she a bit shy/awkward maybe? It doesn’t surprise me that Em is friendly as I think she comes across well in general.
Meg, like her or not, is professional in front of a camera and does have a confidence and engaging way about her. I can imagine her being able to turn on the charm for people when needed. She’s not soft, her brand relies on her keeping people interested in her and the best way to do that is to be likeable and approachable.

I spoke to Meg after she'd had a shocker of a ride. She was genuinely nice, a bit downcast but still very genuine and friendly. I think she's much more serious and thoughtful than she comes across on YouTube. Her skin is insanely perfect 😆

However, we also once parked near Tina, Em, Meg and Cam at an event and the noise levels were actually f*cking annoying.

Reactions: 3
I honestly don’t get why anyone wants to meet them 🤷🏼‍♀️. It’s not like they’re particularly talented, have achieved anything special, they just got lucky in lockdown on social media. As for Han doing a meet and greet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I honestly don’t get why anyone wants to meet them 🤷🏼‍♀️. It’s not like they’re particularly talented, have achieved anything special, they just got lucky in lockdown on social media. As for Han doing a meet and greet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
While I don't quite understand wanting to meet them either, I wouldn't say they're not talented. Some clearly are.

Has anyone watched Alanna's arena eventing video? It was really well done and fun. Jensen is such a cool boy.

Reactions: 2
Um. I guess if you ride in the UK you probably think getting in the top ten at BGR is pretty special. And I'd imagine 'getting lucky' on social media is a slog, hard work and unforgiving.
---
Also, their fans are mainly kids. Young girls who ride. And in that respect they are role models.

Um. I guess if you ride in the UK you probably think getting in the top ten at BGR is pretty special. And I'd imagine 'getting lucky' on social media is a slog, hard work and unforgiving.
---
Also, their fans are mainly kids. Young girls who ride. And in that respect they are role models.
Also influencers are celebrities now for a lot of young people. You could just as equally say a lot of "traditional" celebs have never done anything special, but that doesn't stop people wanting to meet them. Fortunately it isn't mandatory so you don't need to if you don't see the appeal

Reactions: 5
I’m not anxious to meet any of them. But to say they got lucky during lockdown is a bit of a disservice to them. They all had pretty large followings before that and sponsorships etc.

Han I exclude from this, her following has come from being associated with Meg. But that’s post lockdown.

also Em has Tina to thank for her popularity from being so heavily featured in Tina’s early vlogs post ASA

So not fussed about meeting the VE squad at all. Get some mean girl vibes.
Only one I have met is Ashley Harrison and her parents at Barbury. Ashley was SJ there so we went up to support. Think it wasn't long after her big fall and thought she could do with the support. It was super quiet at the SJ, not the main one at Barbury and they were all lovely.

While I don't quite understand wanting to meet them either, I wouldn't say they're not talented. Some clearly are.

Has anyone watched Alanna's arena eventing video? It was really well done and fun. Jensen is such a cool boy.
I mean not exactly 5*, Olympic level, I expect the majority of people on here ride at the same or probably above. Not including my old arthritic self of course, the best I could advise people on is how to cry to consultants secretaries to try and get your knee replacement sorted and the best walking stick to choose with a side line in menopause symptoms 🤣🤣🤣🤣
---
Also influencers are celebrities now for a lot of young people. You could just as equally say a lot of "traditional" celebs have never done anything special, but that doesn't stop people wanting to meet them. Fortunately it isn't mandatory so you don't need to if you don't see the appeal
I suppose so, I’ve just never been into celebrity culture anyway, people are just people. Influencer culture and the harm it does to people is a whole other level and I’m honestly really quite anti it, especially when it involves children.

Now that dressage has finished, what are people's predictions/hopes for Badminton?

Personally I'd love to see Bubby win given all she's been through, but equally a second win for Ros would be amazing. I'm also hoping Emily King can complete this year, she's had such bad luck in the past

Now that dressage has finished, what are people's predictions/hopes for Badminton?

Personally I'd love to see Bubby win given all she's been through, but equally a second win for Ros would be amazing. I'm also hoping Emily King can complete this year, she's had such bad luck in the past
I too would love Bubby to do well. I remember seeing the TikTok of her sitting on her horse for the first time following her injury. Truly inspiring and clearly she has put a lot of time into her recovery to be back this year.

Reactions: 5
I too would love Bubby to do well. I remember seeing the TikTok of her sitting on her horse for the first time following her injury. Truly inspiring and clearly she has put a lot of time into her recovery to be back this year.
I would also love to see Bubby do well. She has worked hard to get back to this point. Also, Tom Jackson and Felicity Collins.
Of course, Ros is a legend and I wouldn’t be sad to see her win again.
I also hope that Emily King can finally get a completion!

Reactions: 1
Anyone else see RWC's catty replies to comments on her latest video?

Totally understand that her coach didn't want his voice to be included but a voice over from her would have sufficed. Who wants to sit through 20 minutes of music? I feel like she is the type to brew over the fact that she is not as popular on YouTube as others, but is it any surprise when her videos are half-assed and not interesting in terms of content.
I was just coming on here to say exactly this 😂

How hard is it to record a bit of voice over in with the music to explain what you’re doing and working on?? And then to leave snarky responses to people in her comments saying “if you want a lesson with Jezz then book one”… 🤯
Hopefully the comments will help her realise that not every lesson has to be a vlog. This is one she should have just kept the footage for herself to look back and learn from.

I was just coming on here to say exactly this 😂

How hard is it to record a bit of voice over in with the music to explain what you’re doing and working on?? And then to leave snarky responses to people in her comments saying “if you want a lesson with Jezz then book one”… 🤯
Hopefully the comments will help her realise that not every lesson has to be a vlog. This is one she should have just kept the footage for herself to look back and learn from.
Where did she say that? Can't find it but she really does grind my gears. Way too spoilt

I’d rather meet the winner of the 90/100 at Badminton, they are just as talented as the “influencers” as with all the riders that qualified, I don’t see why Meg, Tina and Em are any more “important”. I don’t get what the whole race is about with meeting and greeting TBH, it’s more for the kids.
In other news, who would want to sit and watch RWC awful riding vlogs anyway 😂 It’s a firm no from me! Did I mention she’s awful in every way?…..
---
Yeah it’s gone. It was yesterday when I saw it
What was on her comments? 😆

Reactions: 4