Dating after lockdown #36 Have you dated a man? You may be entitled to compensation.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is no time left to talk about it tbh, he goes in a week or so if his calender is right 🙄
I haven't considered that @Blueblue123 but you’re not often wrong

It might be that he's avoidant or doesn't know how to process his feelings. Sometimes people like that don't realise they do more harm by not confronting a situation. In their efforts to prevent any conflict and pretend everything is fine, they end up creating more problems.

Still not fair on you though.

But didn’t tonight and he’s posted as if he is on a date (pic of 2 drinks -
1’very female drink and the other not so female). I actually know/know of a female friend of his that he is with tonight and that’s all
It is, but he doesn’t know i know of said female friend - so basically he’s posted this picture to look like he’s on a date and I just think that’s mean? Like I’ve not said anything and I won’t do but I just think there was no need for that and I feel like he’s done it on purpose to upset me 🙃 honestly at the moment I’m just sad.
I’m sad that I’ve let a man use me for my body because sadly it’s made me
Think that is all I’m worth. I know I’m worth more than this (this is not just the FWV sit,
This is a combination of a few things) I’m just feeling a bit crappy probs because I’ve had something to drink
Put him on mute x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There is no time left to talk about it tbh, he goes in a week or so if his calender is right 🙄
I haven't considered that @Blueblue123 but you’re not often wrong
It’s just so odd. You’re a huge part of each others lives and this is a big thing? I’m
Wondering if he’s just taking it for granted that you’ll both enter into a long distance thing.
I’m sorry, I just think he should have communicated this situation so much better than he has done. I hope you’re okay x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know he's out of order I've been saying that although it's likely unintentional I'm pissed off over it all tbf

@Blueblue123 he definitely has avoidant traits (I'm worse for it though, if passive aggressive was a person🥲) but if it was me moving away he'd be waving me off and telling me to have a great time, he's more optimistic and relaxed about life than i am

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I tried it and it was awful, full of men who didn't have kids looking for a single mum to move in with 🤣
I don’t have kids but it raises a lot of red flags for me when those type of apps come out, because I’ve heard some stories of p*dofiles using dating apps to target single mothers to get at their kids. it makes me sad thinking about all the precautions women have to take. no one is safe

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t have kids but it raises a lot of red flags for me when those type of apps come out, because I’ve heard some stories of p*dofiles using dating apps to target single mothers to get at their kids. it makes me sad thinking about all the precautions women have to take. no one is safe
Yep I’ve seen this happen a lot. I don’t put on that I have children on my profile, and when someone starts asking too many questions about my children, I block them. It’s weird especially early on.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey, I can 💯 promise you you won’t always feel like this, I am testament to that…you are worth so much more and something that has used you doesn’t magically become a better man and go on to have a good long term relationship it doesn’t work like that so please don’t think it’s anything to do with you 🥰eventually you will be over this and he well end up alone, mark my words I’ve seen this so many times xx
100% second this x

• Heart
Just catching up as I was at a Eurovision party last night - no eligible men but a lot of gays who are 1000% better!

@EddyDarling I’m actually lost for words. I can’t begin to think how he’s handling this - as others have said, it’s just so odd. How are you feeling about it? I mean, he’s part of your kids lives - does he not feel he needs to tell them?

@IGiveUp22 big hugs. Sounds like you’re dodging a bullet.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just catching up as I was at a Eurovision party last night - no eligible men but a lot of gays who are 1000% better!

@EddyDarling I’m actually lost for words. I can’t begin to think how he’s handling this - as others have said, it’s just so odd. How are you feeling about it? I mean, he’s part of your kids lives - does he not feel he needs to tell them?
Tbf they'd be a bit confused because he already doesnt live with us? It wouldn't really affect the amount of time they spend with him so if he said something to them along that line it'd probably annoy me more because its so unnecessary!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Been talking to and went on a couple of dates with someone totally not my type: very broad accent, mega tattooed, well known local chav tbh 😳 Thought he was nice but was really unsure and telling everyone so, umming and ahhhing about whether I could see it going anywhere. As you do.

After a nice date to the beach this week, he’s not bothered to reply to my last message sent yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ He’s normally so quick like within 20 mins and has been for two weeks so it’s def a purposeful move. I can’t even get a man I’m NOT interested in interested now! It’s laughable but I quite liked the attention and I thought he was into me despite being v different. I am soooo embarrassed 😆

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Been talking to and went on a couple of dates with someone totally not my type: very broad accent, mega tattooed, well known local chav tbh 😳 Thought he was nice but was really unsure and telling everyone so, umming and ahhhing about whether I could see it going anywhere. As you do.

After a nice date to the beach this week, he’s not bothered to reply to my last message sent yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ He’s normally so quick like within 20 mins and has been for two weeks so it’s def a purposeful move. I can’t even get a man I’m NOT interested in interested now! It’s laughable but I quite liked the attention and I thought he was into me despite being v different. I am soooo embarrassed 😆
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, stop dating men who are not your type or you’re not attracted to. men never give women they’re not attracted to a chance so women should stop doing so.

I gave so many chances to men who I wasn’t attracted to and weren’t my type and I got burned badly by them and they treated me like I was punching, so if I’m going to cry over a man he has to be hot

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, stop dating men who are not your type or you’re not attracted to. men never give women they’re not attracted to a chance so women should stop doing so.

I gave so many chances to men who I wasn’t attracted to and weren’t my type and I got burned badly by them and they treated me like I was punching, so if I’m going to cry over a man he has to be hot
Exactly this! Whenever I’ve gone on a pity date, they’ve been an arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The only s

Yep!!! Same same “when you give an ugly man a chance (hate that word but it’s the phrase) and he starts acting like you’re the ugly one” I was really not attracted to the last one on first sight so I should ran instead of being wooed. I ended up being a confident attractive women crying over a piggy eyed 55 year old heavy drinker with gappy teeth. Picking outfits I thought he would like? Wasting money on nice pants etc…for what? Him to think he could get better and duck off and me scared to open the klarna app 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Tbf he might have either clocked that you're not totally interested or heard it through the grapevine somehow and decided to focus his attention on someone who is more enthusiastic about dating him?

Tbf he might have either clocked that you're not totally interested or heard it through the grapevine somehow and decided to focus his attention on someone who is more enthusiastic about dating him?
I think they generally go quiet whether we like them
Or not, can’t do right for doing wrong 🤷‍♀️😂

I thought I would give him a try but even that has backfired 😆 To be honest, I don’t think my actual type exists but he was about as far away from it as possible. He was 6’5 though and that held FAR too much sway over my decision making 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think they generally go quiet whether we like them
Or not, can’t do right for doing wrong 🤷‍♀️😂
Oh tbf that's not happened often to me
I know what you mean though, I'm just thinking if someone gave me the impression that they weren't enthusiastic about me as a person I wouldnt be rushing to reply!
---
I thought I would give him a try but even that has backfired 😆 To be honest, I don’t think my actual type exists but he was about as far away from it as possible. He was 6’5 though and that held FAR too much sway over my decision making 😆
He could be mine, i love as mr tinder puts it "someone a bit scummy like [him]"

@EddyDarling this guy was definitely not one I would want to take to a dinner party, put it like that. But maybe that’s me being a judgmental, snobby witch 🥴 I’m not a fan of tattoos and he was covered inc neck and hands (no offence to anyone on here with that or likes it but I don’t have any and not a fan!!), couldn’t spell for tit and is probably one of the roughest guys in my town 😆😆 A clear catch but why does it sting so much?!? I would have shagged him at least but too late now 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha