Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is ridiculous. This whole trial has been infuriating from CM’s bonkers ramblings to pro Peter Flemings going against his own research, to how long it’s dragged on for. I really hope justice is done for baby Victoria!

Reactions: 17
I think it might be the manslaughter charge for Mark Gordon that the jury maybe struggling with. If they accept CM's story that Victoria accidentally suffocated under her coat, when MG wasn't there, they may want to find him not guilty but then other jurors may think he's guilty because the overall circumstances were dangerous for a newborn and they don't know how she died.
---

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
They have a lot to discuss and two defendants and I suspect that is causing issues.

Reactions: 9
They have a lot to discuss and two defendants and I suspect that is causing issues.
To me the most important thing is finding them both guilty no matter how much time it takes to arrive at that verdict.

Reactions: 13
If that’s the case that’s insane. Who would actively want to drag out things even more at this point 😩😩
The trial was meant to end in March. They have already lost one juror to a pre booked holiday. They may rather wait then lose another.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh no! I’m absolutely gutted and can't pretend it’s for anything other than excitement reasons 😭 I was really hoping for a verdict soon
---
If that’s the case that’s insane. Who would actively want to drag out things even more at this point 😩😩
What would be the alternative though? Going ahead with 10 would leave an even number, but also why should that juror miss out on the opportunity to be part of the verdict after they’ve sacrificed so much time to the trial?
---

Reactions: 12
This trial has basically lasted for what feels like the entire duration of my pregnancy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh no! I’m absolutely gutted and can't pretend it’s for anything other than excitement reasons 😭 I was really hoping for a verdict soon
---

What would be the alternative though? Going ahead with 10 would leave an even number, but also why should that juror miss out on the opportunity to be part of the verdict after they’ve sacrificed so much time to the trial?
---
We don't actually know the reason for the Judge making this decision. What an absolute waste of public money. I get that Justice must be seen to be served but really!!!!

It could be literally anything though. One of the jurors or counsel could be getting married and going on honeymoon, they could be having an operation they’ve been waiting years for, their kid could be having an operation etc. I don’t think they can risk losing another juror either - the trial would be dangerously close to collapsing entirely if they did, they won’t want to be within one juror of that in case one of them has to withdraw.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
We don't actually know the reason for the Judge making this decision. What an absolute waste of public money. I get that Justice must be seen to be served but really!!!!
We don’t but does it matter? I mean I’m assuming a judge (and he’s a highly experienced one) knows what he’s doing. Certainly better than we do 🤣

All it needs is one juror who believes in the whole "social services are evil" mantra, those that congregate into injustice armies on FB and you're stuffed.... let alone several. And sorry I know this is controversial but I do believe jurors should be professionals not members of the public for this very reason. People who can listen to and make informed decisions on information given to them.
What's a professional person though? I know loads of professional people that are dopey. The expert in this case for one.
The sleeping baby expert. Can't remember his name. Something stupid like him I would guess 😆

Reactions: 7