Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember when the deliberations for Letby dragged on we were questioning if the longer it goes on for does it mean it’s more likely to be an NG verdict. But there is research out there that suggests length of time doesn’t mean anything either way. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
God it was excruciating wasn't it? And frustrations rose and then we found out they'd been delivering verdicts over a few weeks and it was just awful.

Let's hope they're back today without issue.

Reactions: 18
Parking myself here as I’ve been following along.

I can’t believe how long it has gone on for, I feel for the jury tbh, it’s a long time to be doing jury service. The Letby case was much more complex then this and it was known that going to take a long time whereas this case has really been dragged out imo. Hoping for some justice for Victoria.

Reactions: 14
Fingers crossed for (guilty) verdicts soon. The Trial podcast said they have a podcast ready to go once a verdict's in.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was checking for updates and noticed that the closing arguments were summed up 3 weeks ago.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone think we'll hear anything today? I can't keep my mind off the verdict

Reactions: 5
I think they’ll be done for the day. I’m hoping it’ll be like Letby & they have returned some verdicts already but it hasn’t been reported.

Reactions: 11
They have been deciding the culpability for Victoria's death, longer than Victoria got to live thanks to these idiots.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
I wonder whether her father will put in an appearance for the verdict.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I wonder whether her father will put in an appearance for the verdict.
Or any of the family given what they have heard? Has her mother been to court since she heard CM saying they were going to burn themselves alive during the ‘cremation’ ?

Reactions: 5
This jury seem like idiots.
It only needs one person though. You could have 10 or 11 jurors who get it and have reached a verdict but you have that one or two people who keep flip flopping or refusing to budge when by the law their individual verdict is wrong and then the jury gets nowhere. You'd be surprised at how people struggle to grasp the 'so you can be SURE' part.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It only needs one person though. You could have 10 or 11 jurors who get it and have reached a verdict but you have that one or two people who keep flip flopping or refusing to budge when by the law their individual verdict is wrong and then the jury gets nowhere. You'd be surprised at how people struggle to grasp the 'so you can be SURE' part.
They’re also probably getting side tracked when they debate back through the evidence, there was so much stopping and starting over the course of the trial that they’ve probably forgotten anything they didn’t write down and that will cause side discussions, did Constance say X or Y:

If it is the case that one or two of them are holding it up, it must be so frustrating for the rest of them. It has dragged on long enough.

Reactions: 14
All it needs is one juror who believes in the whole "social services are evil" mantra, those that congregate into injustice armies on FB and you're stuffed.... let alone several. And sorry I know this is controversial but I do believe jurors should be professionals not members of the public for this very reason. People who can listen to and make informed decisions on information given to them.

Reactions: 21
I wonder if it will be reported if they have asked for it to be a majority verdict?
Are they transported to court every day awaiting verdict ? I hope they dont get to see each other in the cells daily.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
This is ridiculous. You'd think the jury would be desperate for it to be over. But as pp has said, it only takes one to be on the side of the looney social workers are evil conspiracy for it to hold everything up. You'd hope someone who listened carefully to the evidence would see this for what it was - two selfish and self entitled people thinking they know better and abusing their children in the process.