Chronically ill influences "aka spoonies"

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have hEDS and suspected MCAS with a lot of other comorbid conditions - I didn’t just see a doctor once. I’ve been under the rheumatologists since I was in my early 20s and have many tests and treatments. I totally get your frustration with the people you’ve seen on TikTok but please don’t lump everyone in the same category. They make people like me look like frauds and I am just as sick of it 😫
And those are the exact people this thread is aimed at. Not genuinely Chronically unwell people

Reactions: 4
How is she fainting?! She looks like she’s just trying not to nod off on the sofa, that’s me most weekend afternoons 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have hEDS and suspected MCAS with a lot of other comorbid conditions - I didn’t just see a doctor once. I’ve been under the rheumatologists since I was in my early 20s and have many tests and treatments. I totally get your frustration with the people you’ve seen on TikTok but please don’t lump everyone in the same category. They make people like me look like frauds and I am just as sick of it 😫
I actually more meant that I didn't necessarily agree with others implying their diagnoses were fake/they were never given them. I'm sorry I wasn't clear.

I actually more meant that I didn't necessarily agree with others implying their diagnoses were fake/they were never given them. I'm sorry I wasn't clear.
That’s ok, it’s so easy to misinterpret text. I do want to clarify I really don’t agree with this chronic illness movement - probably does more harm than good! I could never imagine filming myself when not well or sit and talk about all my issues. I spend my life trying to distract myself from the reality 😂

The main pet peeve of mine is Kirsten Cunningham - there’s something very off there

Reactions: 1

Tell me you love being ✨ chronically ill✨ without telling me. Is it normal to share bowel habits as content? Or am I the weird one here😂
Having a “panic attack” whilst sitting and telling the camera calmly you’re having a panic attack, tells me you’ve never actually had one.
Sorry my Saturday rant over 😂

Reactions: 5

Tell me you love being ✨ chronically ill✨ without telling me. Is it normal to share bowel habits as content? Or am I the weird one here😂
Having a “panic attack” whilst sitting and telling the camera calmly you’re having a panic attack, tells me you’ve never actually had one.
Sorry my Saturday rant over 😂
Why are they always so bleeping fat like you’re not “chronically ill” you’re just obese hen

Why are they always so bleeping fat like you’re not “chronically ill” you’re just obese hen
I genuinely think that if some of these people had some routine, a healthy diet and some sunlight they would feel so much better. I had a few months between jobs and I felt so unhealthy and got so used to not leaving the house that the less I did the less I wanted to do. Before anybody gets offended, Im talking the ones who make it their entire personality

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My daughter has IBS and it is managed with diet. It’s not nice but it’s not chronic illness. If my daughter went on social media telling everyone the details of when she had the shots id disown her!
---
Not undermining anyone with IBS as it’s not nice at all but this girl probably just ate too much crap.

Reactions: 2
My daughter has IBS and it is managed with diet. It’s not nice but it’s not chronic illness. If my daughter went on social media telling everyone the details of when she had the shots id disown her!
---
Not undermining anyone with IBS as it’s not nice at all but this girl probably just ate too much crap.
Exactly this. I have a Crohn’s diagnosis and been to hell and back but I would never make it my personality, yes it’s not nice but you can’t let it consume you and not live life.
There’s a fine line between spreading awareness and attention seeking on social media and most do the latter.

Exactly this. I have a Crohn’s diagnosis and been to hell and back but I would never make it my personality, yes it’s not nice but you can’t let it consume you and not live life.
There’s a fine line between spreading awareness and attention seeking on social media and most do the latter.
From what I have been told Chrons is a chronic illness and it cannot be easy to live with.
If it’s helpful to other suffers then share your experience or it helps you with your struggles. But to tell us all how many times she had a tit is not needed.

From what I have been told Chrons is a chronic illness and it cannot be easy to live with.
If it’s helpful to other suffers then share your experience or it helps you with your struggles. But to tell us all how many times she had a tit is not needed.
It’s awful! And yeah, going around discussing your bowel movements on social media is just…. No 😂 Crohn’s is so much more than that and that’s what the awareness should be about so people can get diagnosed early/look out for signs.

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse. What kind of warped fabricated BS is this 🤔 TikTok should be removing this- fantasising and attempting to make it ✨trendy✨ is concerning.

What the hell, if ‘fainting’ is feeling a bit tired and nodding off again is what she’s seeing the neurologist for it’ll be a very quick appointment.

I’ve always wondered what condition disabled eliza has. She’s a huge advocate for disability but refuses to comment on any of her conditions.

I've never seen anyone have that much time to prepare to faint!
How fortunate that none of her ‘faints’ ever seem to clash with her many days out shopping etc - always when she’s at home in bed. I also can’t stand the fact the bed doesn’t even have a sheet or duvet cover in it, ffs the whole house looks like a real tit hole.

How fortunate that none of her ‘faints’ ever seem to clash with her many days out shopping etc - always when she’s at home in bed. I also can’t stand the fact the bed doesn’t even have a sheet or duvet cover in it, ffs the whole house looks like a real tit hole.
Never happens in public either. Honestly I really want to say something but I’ll get blocked and I enjoy watching these drama acts. I’m a very experienced healthcare professional and I’ve done my own research papers into FND and the “NEADS” trend without my own area of practice. It’s wild to think she believes this is genuine.
Also- another 💜chronic illness💜 added a few days ago needing ✨ bladder washouts ✨.

• Heart
Never happens in public either. Honestly I really want to say something but I’ll get blocked and I enjoy watching these drama acts. I’m a very experienced healthcare professional and I’ve done my own research papers into FND and the “NEADS” trend without my own area of practice. It’s wild to think she believes this is genuine.
Also- another 💜chronic illness💜 added a few days ago needing ✨ bladder washouts ✨.
I’m the same, I’m kind of fascinated with the act, but also staggered that others believe some of her shite! She managed one day of getting up early to attend Recovery college for a course to help her manage her chronic illnesses, before coming up with some excuse about why she couldn’t go again 😂 But trips to shows, shopping hauls and the like - no problemo. Seems nimble enough on her feet when she’s thrashing the life out of those ‘dances’ she does too…

She can sure lump about in those dances.

Honestly feel if she had a good clear out of all the tatt, scrubbed the house, fresh air with getting properly dressed daily and some actual vegetable's, fruit, food that’s not from a packet, she’d be a lot better off.

I can feel my teeth furring when I watch some of those videos. 🤢

• Heart