Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RachRN86

VIP Member
Why are they always so fucking fat like you’re not “chronically ill” you’re just obese hen
I genuinely think that if some of these people had some routine, a healthy diet and some sunlight they would feel so much better. I had a few months between jobs and I felt so unhealthy and got so used to not leaving the house that the less I did the less I wanted to do. Before anybody gets offended, Im talking the ones who make it their entire personality

• Heart
Reactions: 11

RachRN86

VIP Member
There seems to be an annoying influx of people who's entire personality is around having a chronic illness of some sort, usually EDS and POTs.

Thought I would start a thread to discuss them as I couldn't find one.

One I find particularly annoying is Cat B

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Iseeyoutubers

To be honest, many of those diagnoses are bucket diagnosis – chuck it in if the symptoms fit and do no further testing etc – that they probably have been given by a doctor at some point. It's them centering their lives around it that is the issue: I have an autoimmune illness that paralysed me and still suffer daily, but doing nothing but focusing on my illness did nothing but give me depression. I really hope these girls help themselves and get offline soon.

• Heart

July9696

Chatty Member
I feel like the yank ones are always EDS, POTS
UK seems to be “fibromyalgia” and “ME”
I find this doubly frustrating as my sister has had moderate to severe ME for seven years. She is severely disabled by her extreme fatigue (her body basic doesn’t produce enough energy) and her immune system is very weak, meaning she feels constantly ill and like she’s being poisoned (her words). She constantly gets ignorant comments from doctors or health professionals who think it’s laziness or in her head which is devastating as it’s a proven medical condition.

Munchies online definitely make her life and genuine sufferers lives inadvertently worse as people think ME sufferers are making it up. She has zero quality of life and gets zero medical care as the condition is so stigmatised and underfunded.

I think this thread is great for discussing sing people who deserve it but please don’t forget genuine sufferers like my sister who go unnoticed and for every 1 person who “exploits” their illness, there are thousands who would do anything to get better. Maybe I’m sensitive but this is a subject close to my heart, happy tattling ❤‍🩹

• Heart

RachRN86

VIP Member
Everyone seems to have fibro
Yep! I have nothing against people with a chronic illness but I hate it when it's their whole personality and they constantly post about how hard life is when they clearly do nothing to help themselves! I'd put money on a fair few having good old fashioned lazyitis

• Angry
Reactions: 6

laughing

VIP Member
We have a 'spoonie' in the extended family.

Never worked, spends all the time on SM telling people how ill they are.

They have a network of people who all help each other when benefits assessments are due.

Can't work. Can't go down the road to get a loaf of bread.

But can spend all night playing computer games and posting 300 screenshot to FB the following day.

And going to comic con (?) weekends when it suits!

• Wow
I had a touch of the old fibro this morning at 6am when my alarm went off and I had to get up to go to work 😆

Sadly I did still have to drag myself out of bed and get on with the day

• Haha

Sweetcouchpotato

I find this doubly frustrating as my sister has had moderate to severe ME for seven years. She is severely disabled by her extreme fatigue (her body basic doesn’t produce enough energy) and her immune system is very weak, meaning she feels constantly ill and like she’s being poisoned (her words). She constantly gets ignorant comments from doctors or health professionals who think it’s laziness or in her head which is devastating as it’s a proven medical condition.

Munchies online definitely make her life and genuine sufferers lives inadvertently worse as people think ME sufferers are making it up. She has zero quality of life and gets zero medical care as the condition is so stigmatised and underfunded.

I think this thread is great for discussing sing people who deserve it but please don’t forget genuine sufferers like my sister who go unnoticed and for every 1 person who “exploits” their illness, there are thousands who would do anything to get better. Maybe I’m sensitive but this is a subject close to my heart, happy tattling ❤‍🩹
I'm disabled by ME too and I think when you're genuinely ill, you spot the fakers instantly. Those whose whole entire personality is "being ill" or "being disabled" etc.

It's a horrible disease and I'm sorry your sister is in the club.

• Heart
The names Luna woman gives me the heeby jeebies & her recent comment about ME being worse than having cancer 🤢🤢🤢 she is vile!!

• Wow

FattyPatty2.0

Chatty Member
Not to mention the influx of streamers with Tourette’s Syndrome and dissociative identity disorder with their “systems”.. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Lolly71990

VIP Member

Tell me you love being ✨ chronically ill✨ without telling me. Is it normal to share bowel habits as content? Or am I the weird one here😂
Having a “panic attack” whilst sitting and telling the camera calmly you’re having a panic attack, tells me you’ve never actually had one.
Sorry my Saturday rant over 😂

Reactions: 5

Lolly71990

VIP Member

Isn’t it just such a magical thing that you can set your camera up, “faint” (only indoors though never outside amongst the general public), perfectly support your head whilst you’re in a “collapsed” state. This sh*t gets me so enraged as a previous epileptic & now health professional. This BS is only trendy now, before TikTok this just didn’t happen. “Chronically ill”, chronically bad at acting more like. Do these people honestly think doctors don’t just laugh at this 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

dottynotty

Chatty Member
@dottynotty or @gimm3more I could start a thread if one of you can do a title and intro as I have no idea who Cat B is but don't like someone taking the p as I am chronically ill myself and that sort of carry on has wider effects on how we are all treated.
It’s in no way to undermine people who are chronically ill. But if you watched her as a chronically ill person you’d probably be a bit annoyed that she isn’t a good role model or advocate for chronic illness. she seems to use it to her advantage when it is questionable how ill she really is and how much she is pushing for services. But she can still be very active when it suits her. Everything is just a moan fest.

RachRN86

VIP Member
I have hEDS and suspected MCAS with a lot of other comorbid conditions - I didn’t just see a doctor once. I’ve been under the rheumatologists since I was in my early 20s and have many tests and treatments. I totally get your frustration with the people you’ve seen on TikTok but please don’t lump everyone in the same category. They make people like me look like frauds and I am just as sick of it 😫
And those are the exact people this thread is aimed at. Not genuinely Chronically unwell people

RachRN86

VIP Member
The names Luna woman gives me the heeby jeebies & her recent comment about ME being worse than having cancer 🤢🤢🤢 she is vile!!
Wow that's a bold statement! If half of these people actually got a real illness they wouldn't know what hit them!

gimm3more

VIP Member
There seems to be an annoying influx of people who's entire personality is around having a chronic illness of some sort, usually EDS and POTs.

Thought I would start a thread to discuss them as I couldn't find one.

One I find particularly annoying is Cat B
I feel like the yank ones are always EDS, POTS
UK seems to be “fibromyalgia” and “ME”

dottynotty

Chatty Member
She claims she worked ambulance service 😂
I swear she’s one of the most patronising people on the app and I swear she’s in her 20s! You can tell she absolutely loves being “chronically ill”
she’s so self righteous- she was slagging off her neighbour for loud music. Even if it’s before 11pm it’s not okay as it triggers her ptsd - she has to wear earplugs in her flat - get a grip. Slagging off the nhs as they discharged her in a taxi and not a patient ambulance - the transport is Basic a private ambulance for patients and a taxis are the same none have life support in them ! Lucky you get a taxi as the ambulance would drop off 6 other people!! Then saying they discharged without checking she could shower. She needs a shower chair but can’t buy one as her shower is too small although you can by small shower chairs, so she needs one they screw to the wall. No help from her family however her flat is rented from them!! Put a claim into your landlord love! But it has to support her weight, In all of this she’s going kayaking!!!!! But in the meantime she’s terrified of passing out or having and adrenal crisis. Shes so grating and she has clearly orchestrated her situation to fit being unwell and not working and to warrant a blue badge - and don’t get me started on the fact she can go kayaking but needs to take up a disabled bay when she’s not bloody disabled lol. Also!!!!! Don’t get me started when she had an NG tube and thinks she was at risk of refeeding syndrome! She’s double my weight and my scales call me beefy!!

Last edited:
  • Heart