Chronically ill influences "aka spoonies"

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seems to be an annoying influx of people who's entire personality is around having a chronic illness of some sort, usually EDS and POTs.

Thought I would start a thread to discuss them as I couldn't find one.

One I find particularly annoying is Cat B

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not forgetting “non epileptic seizures” - perfectly timed with the camera posed filming.

Reactions: 5
Yes! Not that long ago there was a girl called Hope who was documenting her VSED in hospice...turns out she was faking all along! There's another girl called Jess on tiktok as well who lives posing with her NG tubes.

Reactions: 1
Yes! Not that long ago there was a girl called Hope who was documenting her VSED in hospice...turns out she was faking all along! There's another girl called Jess on tiktok as well who lives posing with her NG tubes.
Hope was faking?!!? Do you have any idea where I can find out more info??

Reactions: 2
Everyone seems to have fibro
Yep! I have nothing against people with a chronic illness but I hate it when it's their whole personality and they constantly post about how hard life is when they clearly do nothing to help themselves! I'd put money on a fair few having good old fashioned lazyitis

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I had a touch of the old fibro this morning at 6am when my alarm went off and I had to get up to go to work 😆

Sadly I did still have to drag myself out of bed and get on with the day

• Haha
Happeabalanceis one of the top ones,and doesn't mind telling people all the time about her chronic illnesess,oh and Tracey winter with her fibro.

Reactions: 3
Beckyslife28 another relatively small tiktoker. Films herself having “seizures” - of course non epileptic, painful to watch, the acting is deffo a GSCE U. If these people truly suffered from epilepsy (speaking from experience) they’d never cope.

The names Luna woman gives me the heeby jeebies & her recent comment about ME being worse than having cancer 🤢🤢🤢 she is vile!!

• Wow
The names Luna woman gives me the heeby jeebies & her recent comment about ME being worse than having cancer 🤢🤢🤢 she is vile!!
Wow that's a bold statement! If half of these people actually got a real illness they wouldn't know what hit them!

Reactions: 4
There seems to be an annoying influx of people who's entire personality is around having a chronic illness of some sort, usually EDS and POTs.

Thought I would start a thread to discuss them as I couldn't find one.

One I find particularly annoying is Cat B
I feel like the yank ones are always EDS, POTS
UK seems to be “fibromyalgia” and “ME”

Reactions: 4
To be honest, many of those diagnoses are bucket diagnosis – chuck it in if the symptoms fit and do no further testing etc – that they probably have been given by a doctor at some point. It's them centering their lives around it that is the issue: I have an autoimmune illness that paralysed me and still suffer daily, but doing nothing but focusing on my illness did nothing but give me depression. I really hope these girls help themselves and get offline soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
To be honest, many of those diagnoses are bucket diagnosis – chuck it in if the symptoms fit and do no further testing etc – that they probably have been given by a doctor at some point. It's them centering their lives around it that is the issue: I have an autoimmune illness that paralysed me and still suffer daily, but doing nothing but focusing on my illness did nothing but give me depression. I really hope these girls help themselves and get offline soon.
I'm sorry to hear this x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen chronickiki on tiktok? Has 13k followers, she did have another account which got banned - I think it may have had more followers. Has multiple diagnoses and is house bound. She is always live and often has seizures/seizure like episodes on lives. She lives alone and uses the TikTok lives as a way to get help if needed. Her kids have her parents contact numbers so they can call them if needed. The mods have had to call an ambulance once when I’ve watched (probably more I’d assume) as they couldn’t get hold of her parents. The last week I think I’ve seen her live and every time they end up having to call her parents, 3 times I’ve seen this week they have anyway. And this isn’t in just the day time I’ve seen them have to call at 1/2am. I think it’s quite a lot to put on people online, even if you are friends, as they can’t physically come and help and have to rely on being able to call for help

We have a 'spoonie' in the extended family.

Never worked, spends all the time on SM telling people how ill they are.

They have a network of people who all help each other when benefits assessments are due.

Can't work. Can't go down the road to get a loaf of bread.

But can spend all night playing computer games and posting 300 screenshot to FB the following day.

And going to comic con (?) weekends when it suits!

• Wow
Beckyslife28 another relatively small tiktoker. Films herself having “seizures” - of course non epileptic, painful to watch, the acting is deffo a GSCE U. If these people truly suffered from epilepsy (speaking from experience) they’d never cope.
She has now been diagnosed with PID apparently.. but you can tell she has googled the information on it 😆 she literally says “IF you google it..”
They’ve given her “pain” for it too.. absolutely not.. if they suspect you having PID they’d give you antibiotics for 2 weeks as it can cause fertility issues. I know this as I’ve been through it lol. And she wouldn’t be sat there perfectly ok either. Attention seeking at its finest.
100% sure she is going to say she has all these other health issues that have stemmed from PID (I actually have a blocked fallopian tube from it unfortunately. Luckily only one, my other is fine) just so she can add it to her PIP claim 🤣🤣🤣 god she’s a woman

• Heart
Not to mention the influx of streamers with Tourette’s Syndrome and dissociative identity disorder with their “systems”.. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5