Britney Spears #13 Britney continues to moan and winge, Twirling around, and rubbing her minge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For me, the problem with the conservatorship was purely this idea that she was too ill to have any control over her own life whatsoever, whether about her finances, her birth control, her partner's BUT she was well enough to perform at Vegas on a nightly basis. The two didn't marry up at all. It's quite clear that she's got major mental health issues but it's just not right to take away all her rights while pimping her out every night.

However it is clear that she could really do with some people in her corner who want to act in her best interests but aren't trying to get something from her.

Reactions: 28
I'm new to the thread so hi to you all and please don't pile on me!

I've seen some posts about her medical insurance and healthcare, I'm in the UK and I understand that the USA is very different and healthcare is very expensive, but surely this comes down to BS's mental capacity?
If she's not nuts enough to be sectioned then it is her decision to engage with any MH support, surely she could afford whatever support she wants?
Sadly, no one can make her do anything. Can’t make her take her meds and can’t make her have treatment. And I guess she has no desire to. I think you basically have to be criminally insane to be locked up in the States, and she doesn’t fit that criteria. Bad decisions don’t make her insane in a legal way. It’s very sad, but I don’t think there is any way to stop the inevitable. She has to want to do it for herself.

Reactions: 12
It has always been very clear that the Free Britney movement wasn’t going to end well for her. Frankly I believed at the time - and I still believe - that she won’t be alive much longer without intervention.

All the twitter gays were so pleased with themselves and seeing them reverse ferret makes me sick.

It’s easy to say her conservatorship doesn’t marry with her Vegas shows. But the disabled and mentally ill can and do work. There are disabled people in my workplace who I assume work relatively independently, but who certainly don’t seem to have the capacity to make all of their own decisions. The argument that she wasn’t well enough to work suggests the disabled should lock themselves away forever.

Her Vegas shows would have been her doing the same thing every night. She’d have known what she had to do, known how to do it well and would have had a routine.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It has always been very clear that the Free Britney movement wasn’t going to end well for her. Frankly I believed at the time - and I still believe - that she won’t be alive much longer without intervention.

All the twitter gays were so pleased with themselves and seeing them reverse ferret makes me sick.

It’s easy to say her conservatorship doesn’t marry with her Vegas shows. But the disabled and mentally ill can and do work. There are disabled people in my workplace who I assume work relatively independently, but who certainly don’t seem to have the capacity to make all of their own decisions. The argument that she wasn’t well enough to work suggests the disabled should lock themselves away forever.

Her Vegas shows would have been her doing the same thing every night. She’d have known what she had to do, known how to do it well and would have had a routine.
Well said. There's no reason why Britney couldn't perform well but be completely chaotic in her personal life. It's a routine that you learn and just repeat every night.

Obviously I don't know her family so find it hard to make any judgements here. Assuming that they are fairly normal parents who want the best for their child then why wouldn't they get involved in her conservatorship? If it was my daughter I'd make damn sure I was involved to ensure that nobody else was swindling her because it's very hard to find people you can really trust in this world.

Of course that's assuming that they are normal loving parents (which they might not be) but there's no guarantee that having someone else outside the family managing her would have had a better outcome.

Reactions: 17
There is a deleted Britney Instagram account that captures all her posts before she or someone else deletes them. Its crazy as hell!

Reactions: 6
I saw one of her Vegas shows - the very front rows were hundreds a dollars a seat ( which hadn't sold), so the venue were taking people from the back to fill it up, so we were right at the front.

She wasn't well. It was like the dancers were her carers. She didn't know the routines, and the routines were basically her being passed from one backup dancer to the next so she was guided through the routines anyway. We were so close we could see the dancers rolling their eyes at each other. They had to keep freestyling because she'd suddenly disappear off stage for random amounts of time. It was obviously that they were used to it because it was very slickly done, but all the 'where is she' mouthing and shrugs gave it away.

I really felt sorry for her, that as late thirties woman she was stuck doing the same 'sexy' stuff, with the same look as when she was 18.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
There are so many examples of people seeing her shows and it being obvious that she wasn’t well and was barely performing or even that she knew where she was, people were expecting Britney as she used to be but it seems like barely got any better again after the disastrous VMAs performance.

I can see why keeping her focused on performances and having a routine made sense as we all need some kind of stimulation and something to focus on, but it did also seem like she was an animal made to perform in a circus. She hated it and it was basically humiliating/disappointing in terms of her starstatus so I think I agree that this was evidence that her needs weren’t always being put first in the conservatorship, it was also about making money. Maybe at first they thought it would be good for her but they shouldn’t have kept making her do it when it was so clear she hated it.

At the same time, I think she definitely needed to be in a conservatorship and she wouldn’t be here now without it. They should have just invested the money she had made and let her fade into obscurity on a ranch somewhere quiet.

Reactions: 18
Looking after Britney's affairs is a full time job and nobody but her dad wanted to do it. Anyone not related to her doing it would be owed a salary, is that acceptable to those who begrudge her dad paying himself (if he even did), if so, why? The cship being abusive is only "known" from what Britney herself has said, and we now know she's a very unreliable source. Her fans constantly blaming other people for the results of her own behavior is insane to me, and it's still happening in here right now. Lots of people "go through a lot" and don't act like she has and is.

Reactions: 21
Looking after Britney's affairs is a full time job and nobody but her dad wanted to do it. Anyone not related to her doing it would be owed a salary, is that acceptable to those who begrudge her dad paying himself (if he even did), if so, why? The cship being abusive is only "known" from what Britney herself has said, and we now know she's a very unreliable source. Her fans constantly blaming other people for the results of her own behavior is insane to me, and it's still happening in here right now. Lots of people "go through a lot" and don't act like she has and is.
As a grown woman, I wouldn't want my dad managing my money, there's no privacy or dignity there. If I couldn't look after my money I'd rather it was managed by someone independent that I'm not related to, then I could just have a father/daughter relationship with my dad.
I feel BS is vulnerable and needs support with her finances but I wouldn't want my parent controlling my money.

Reactions: 20
For me, the problem with the conservatorship was purely this idea that she was too ill to have any control over her own life whatsoever, whether about her finances, her birth control, her partner's BUT she was well enough to perform at Vegas on a nightly basis. The two didn't marry up at all. It's quite clear that she's got major mental health issues but it's just not right to take away all her rights while pimping her out every night.

However it is clear that she could really do with some people in her corner who want to act in her best interests but aren't trying to get something from her.
There's also a question of whether having routine , taking her medication was keeping her well. I don't believe America have community treatment orders over there. Basically in the UK if certain people don't comply with medication they can be recalled back to hospital. Loads of the homeless in the USA are mentally ill and unmedicated. As long as she keeps her head down not assaulting people she will stay out of compulsory treatment. Sometimes you watch people burn their relationships down. Britney has no one , apparently her entire family are abusive and also her sons. If everyone is a problem doesn't that indicate the problem lies with Britney ?
Her only company is staff.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
No, we don't have community treatment orders. An adult in the US cannot be compelled to take medication or undergo any other medical procedures under normal circumstances. This includes people who are incarcerated. The only exception to that is...conservatorship.

Reactions: 6
I actually find the hardcore free Britney Stans fascinating. The knots they tie themselves into trying to blame her family and KFed for everything that's gone wrong in Britney's life is a great study in parasocial relationships.

Her Dad is evil, her mum is evil, KFed is evil, her sons are nasty ungrateful little shits. Her sister is the devil incarnate, they know all of this to be true because reasons.

You're not allowed to point out that Britney has obvious mental health and drug issues because HOw Do YOu knOw??? DO you EvEn knoW Her??? All you Know is the TINY sNApshoT shE PoSTs on SM??? HoW do YOU kNow SHes nOT ToTaLLy nORmal The REst of THE TIME!!!???

If you query whether they know Britney's family etc, they must do to be so sure they're evil, right? They say they don't need to know them... it's obvious 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I actually find the hardcore free Britney Stans fascinating. The knots they tie themselves into trying to blame her family and KFed for everything that's gone wrong in Britney's life is a great study in parasocial relationships.

Her Dad is evil, her mum is evil, KFed is evil, her sons are nasty ungrateful little shits. Her sister is the devil incarnate, they know all of this to be true because reasons.

You're not allowed to point out that Britney has obvious mental health and drug issues because HOw Do YOu knOw??? DO you EvEn knoW Her??? All you Know is the TINY sNApshoT shE PoSTs on SM??? HoW do YOU kNow SHes nOT ToTaLLy nORmal The REst of THE TIME!!!???

If you query whether they know Britney's family etc, they must do to be so sure they're evil, right? They say they don't need to know them... it's obvious 🙄
Mental illness also runs in her family.Truth is,she probably would've had serious issues regardless of whether or not she was famous.Although there's no doubt the fame exacerbated it.

Reactions: 14
As a grown woman, I wouldn't want my dad managing my money, there's no privacy or dignity there. If I couldn't look after my money I'd rather it was managed by someone independent that I'm not related to, then I could just have a father/daughter relationship with my dad.
I feel BS is vulnerable and needs support with her finances but I wouldn't want my parent controlling my money.
I agree and nor would I, but if there's nobody else to do it then the result is what's happening right now. I'm sure you wouldn't want people to make you take medication either if you believed you didn't need it

Reactions: 4
I agree and nor would I, but if there's nobody else to do it then the result is what's happening right now. I'm sure you wouldn't want people to make you take medication either if you believed you didn't need it
BS has the right not to take her meds, same as anyone else. Afaik, no-one can make you take medication if you don't want to.
I just think she should employ someone, like an appointee, who is independent and not related to her to manage her finances.

ETA - I ran off to google and found this;
All states in the U.S. allow for some form of involuntary treatment for mental illness or erratic behavior for short periods of time under emergency conditions, although criteria vary. Further involuntary treatment outside clear and pressing emergencies where there is asserted to be a threat to public safety usually requires a court order, and all states currently have some process in place to allow this. Since the late 1990s, a growing number of states have adopted Assisted Outpatient Commitment (AOC) laws.

So involuntary treatment can be forced for a short time then a court order would be needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
BS has the right not to take her meds, same as anyone else. Afaik, no-one can make you take medication if you don't want to.
I just think she should employ someone, like an appointee, who is independent and not related to her to manage her finances.

ETA - I ran off to google and found this;
All states in the U.S. allow for some form of involuntary treatment for mental illness or erratic behavior for short periods of time under emergency conditions, although criteria vary. Further involuntary treatment outside clear and pressing emergencies where there is asserted to be a threat to public safety usually requires a court order, and all states currently have some process in place to allow this. Since the late 1990s, a growing number of states have adopted Assisted Outpatient Commitment (AOC) laws.

So involuntary treatment can be forced for a short time then a court order would be needed.
Yes I know that, but she clearly isn't in a position to make these decisions herself, is she?

Reactions: 8
Yes I know that, but she clearly isn't in a position to make these decisions herself, is she?
I don't know, mental capacity is a complex issue. BS may fluctuate - she may have capacity when she's calm for example - or lack capacity in certain areas, she also has (in the UK I'm not sure about USA) the right to make unwise decisions.

It can't just be assumed that someone lacks capacity and remove their freedom to choose. I'd guess she needs MH support and financial support but if she has capacity then it is her choice to engage with this.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think she’s ever had to do anything for herself in general adult responsibility wise so I don’t think she’s about to start now!

Reactions: 7
And how many Hollywood celebrities have been conned out of money by money managers? Loads, - and they have not had mental health challenges and have managers and agents who are on the ball……or eventually in on it.
Anyone can rip you off if you let them manage your money, the temptation is huge. I remember reading an interesting interview with Kylie Minogue who was explaining that she lets her dad be her accountant and handle her money as she knows how untrustworthy money managers are.

Reactions: 11