Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen kels insta reel of the tri . Apparently sheā€™s hooked.
All the footage of her during the event shows her as on her own. I guess thatā€™s because she was so far behind every other person?
so when sheā€™s going to address the elephant in the room and discuss the Ironman and the cut off times she wonā€™t meet šŸ¤”šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Kells, itā€™s been a while since a vlog because you mustā€™ve forgotten to upload your Valencia Marathon results blog. Kels? Hello? Are you there? I am deeply invested in your series of false starts (or not even starting).

IMG_1037.jpeg
IMG_1036.png

Also donā€™t claim itā€™s your first tri if you previously claimed your Birmingham tri without swimming as a tri.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wow Hari has legs!!! Iā€™m surprised he wasnā€™t put in his buggy to be pushed over the line like the super šŸ¦ømum she is

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I remember when she did one XC event and got the spikes and said she was going to do more of it. Also when she had her freebie trip with Buff to Chamonix and declared her new love of trail running. That bike and that wetsuit are going back in the shed of doom soon and sheā€™ll be back on her Boston bullshit āœŒšŸ»āœŒšŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yep, after that sprint experience itā€™s inconceivable she could do the 70.3. Itā€™s infinitely harder and sounds like this sprint one broke her. Canā€™t believe the wastage of cash on entry fees tho!!! Wasnā€™t it about 300quid? The mind boggles

Reactions: 4
i am wondering how the organisers could have got the distances so wrong, pretty dangerous I think!

her swim looked like it half killed her, her arms were barely making their way out of the water at the end. and doing a sea swim with barely any acclimisation or practice in the sea itself is not the most sensible thing she has ever done...

oh and the music on the vlog, aaaggghhh!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I realised I am likely older than most who read here and wanted to add this interpretation of the Beck song Loser.
Slackers? āœ”
Lack of skill as coaches, parents, influencing, pacing, showing up for start lines, knowing their limitations, etc etc āœ”

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just diving into the vlog - Iā€™m only a few mins in. She said that sheā€™d be the ā€˜slowest swimmer thatā€™s my weakest sportā€™ sort of sounding like and implying she wouldnā€™t be the slowest or weakest at the other events ?! šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
she bumped into swimmers on her way back as sheā€™d swam off course and was on the side of the people doing their second lap?! She reckons she wasnā€™t prepared for a sea swim as sheā€™s only done a little swim in it last year. Anyone would think sheā€™d only practiced in a pool with lots of stopping and starting?

she walked up the hill with her bike?? Anyone would think sheā€™d only practiced in her kitchen and not done any outside rides with inclines?!

Any by the run she just felt exhausted ?! Anyone would think her šŸ§± training has been a waste of timeā€¦.

apparently time is irrelevant you lovely lot!
Great vlog guys!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Someone commented on FTTs ride (yesterday) asking how the running was going...(reader, he has not responded, obvs šŸ™„)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Someone commented on FTTs ride (yesterday) asking how the running was going...(reader, he has not responded, obvs šŸ™„)
FTTā€™s having a stint in the injury bin I expect. Who wouldā€™ve thought after doing two marathons in one week?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just diving into the vlog - Iā€™m only a few mins in. She said that sheā€™d be the ā€˜slowest swimmer thatā€™s my weakest sportā€™ sort of sounding like and implying she wouldnā€™t be the slowest or weakest at the other events ?! šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
she bumped into swimmers on her way back as sheā€™d swam off course and was on the side of the people doing their second lap?! She reckons she wasnā€™t prepared for a sea swim as sheā€™s only done a little swim in it last year. Anyone would think sheā€™d only practiced in a pool with lots of stopping and starting?

she walked up the hill with her bike?? Anyone would think sheā€™d only practiced in her kitchen and not done any outside rides with inclines?!

Any by the run she just felt exhausted ?! Anyone would think her šŸ§± training has been a waste of timeā€¦.

apparently time is irrelevant you lovely lot!
Great vlog guys!
Last in the swim, second last in the bike and last in the run (which was a walk/run looking at Strava). Looking forward to the 70.3 although I doubt she'll start.

• Wow
Thibk kels was second to last overall but the lady who was the final one overall was faster on the swim and run so I personally think something happened to her bike during the ride and so she had a slow bike time, putting her into last place. Just my opinion šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Kels said that she had two coaches before Christmas, wonder if sheā€™s now stopped working with them. Canā€™t believe that her nonsense training and this result is the result of any sensible coaching.

Reactions: 5
On current performance she is not gonna make the cut offs for that 70.3. I believe itā€™s a tough bike course. I started my Tri journey unable to swim front crawl, got lessons and put in 8k a week in the pool before open water season then did that twice a week just to buy myself time in the swim and not be chasing cut offs. Not gonna lie I was dead proud of my 90 min iron man swim when I got to it, but I ā€˜workedā€™ bloody hard for it (I didnā€™t work .. that was the point .. I wasnā€™t working at the time and had capacity to put the hours in!!).