Secret Celebrity Gossip #160

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loathe Joan Collins. & she doesn't look anything like that at 90 - it takes hours of make up lighting and wigs to pass as human. Ghastly, foul old Tory. Constantly moaning about the 'obesity crisis' but happy to advertise Snickers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
What has Adele done to her face? Her nose is pencil thin now with big nostrils.
IMG_1308.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I detest Joan too. She's nasty, spiteful and talentless. The fawning is even worse with her than Barbara Windsor. I think she's only revered as she's still alive. I remember reading an interview years ago with her daughter Tara and Joan hadn't been much of a mother. The energy and work that must go into attending these functions just to show her grizzled old face.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m another one who isn’t a fan of Joan. To me she is the original ‘famous for being famous’ celebrity. She followed Jackie to America, did a couple of B movies and married well with Anthony Newley who was very popular at the time. Apart from Dynasty, the only thing I can remember her for is constantly banging on about Cleopatra and how she was going to play the lead role if Elizabeth Taylor didn’t recover from her illness. I bet she was seething that she did!

As for Adele, I’d have a face like that if I was sat at a basketball game. I can’t imagine anything more boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I detest Joan too. She's nasty, spiteful and talentless. The fawning is even worse with her than Barbara Windsor. I think she's only revered as she's still alive. I remember reading an interview years ago with her daughter Tara and Joan hadn't been much of a mother. The energy and work that must go into attending these functions just to show her grizzled old face.
I read Barbara Windsor's autobiography (well before she was diagnosed with dementia and her subsequent death) and I'm not sure why she was considered a national treasure. She shagged every leading man in every film she acted in, she used abortion as a method of contraception and she was once married to a notorious gangster, which she seemed to regard as rather glamorous rather than sordid and seedy.

Sorry if I've offended any Babs fans, my opinion only.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I read Barbara Windsor's autobiography (well before she was diagnosed with dementia and her subsequent death) and I'm not sure why she was considered a national treasure. She shagged every leading man in every film she acted in, she used abortion as a method of contraception and she was once married to a notorious gangster, which she seemed to regard as rather glamorous rather than sordid and seedy.

Sorry if I've offended any Babs fans, my opinion only.
i don’t have any strong opinions on babs (and never really understood her national treasure status ever!) but i’m not sure if i would use her (or anyone’s) decision to have abortions as a judgement of her character really. the gangster stuff is another story obviously 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think i read Joan Collins is godmother to Cara DelVinge. I always found that an odd pairing.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
i don’t have any strong opinions on babs (and never really understood her national treasure status ever!) but i’m not sure if i would use her (or anyone’s) decision to have abortions as a judgement of her character really. the gangster stuff is another story obviously 🤣
I have no issue with women who have their pregnancies terminated for whatever reason, but she had so many of them, and was so blasé about it, that was what struck me when I was reading her life story. Then again, when she was young, there probably wasn't easy access to contraception.

Reactions: 16
I saw CDAN mention earlier in the thread. Not sure if this has been posted, but I read an article about enty earlier today.

Reactions: 5
I have no issue with women who have their pregnancies terminated for whatever reason, but she had so many of them, and was so blasé about it, that was what struck me when I was reading her life story. Then again, when she was young, there probably wasn't easy access to contraception.
I remember in the early sixties my sis was due to get married and she wanted to get birth control,it was the rubber thingy you had to insert yourself,I went to hospital that had birth control clinic,god it was awful,poor ladies sitting down with their stockings rolled down in siting room.My memory sod it can’t remember what it was called.😖 It was a rubber Thingy..no pill back then yet.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I remember in the early sixties my sis was due to get married and she wanted to get birth control,it was the rubber thingy you had to insert yourself,I went to hospital that had birth control clinic,god it was awful,poor ladies sitting down with their stockings rolled down in siting room.My memory sod it can’t remember what it was called.😖 It was a rubber Thingy.
My Nan tells me there was a contraption called a Dutch Cap? Or is she getting mixed up with French Letters which is what condoms used to be called?

Reactions: 6
I remember in the early sixties my sis was due to get married and she wanted to get birth control,it was the rubber thingy you had to insert yourself,I went to hospital that had birth control clinic,god it was awful,poor ladies sitting down with their stockings rolled down in siting room.My memory sod it can’t remember what it was called.😖 It was a rubber Thingy..no pill back then yet.
Was it a Dutch cap Dolly. I was one of those ladies. Really horrible experience. I declined. The pill was only available to married women at that time (1967) and women were dying from it. Those were the days eh?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Ahhh yes it was called the cap,that’s what my sis had.Pill bit later but had to be married.
Was it a Dutch cap Dolly. I was one of those ladies. Really horrible experience. I declined. The pill was only available to married women at that time (1967) and women were dying from it. Those were the days eh?
Women nowadays take reliable contraception for granted, it's hard to believe that it wasn't always available. How times have changed for the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.