Roxy Jacenko

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that’s her!!
Runs her own agency now and happily married with a baby. I’m sure I read later on that the car wasn’t a gift as it was leased through the business so it wasn’t something she got to keep. It’s great to see her former staff are all thriving!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
SO basically, all of Sydney's rich, white socialite under 30's worked for her then branched off to start their own PR firms.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
YES! There's a juicy Roxy bio I read that shares it all and it's disgusting. She behaved appallingly towards Hermoine - harassed her constantly, and H and Ollie had been engaged! - and is pretty much why H left Australia. Also Montarna McDonald - now Pitt and boss of the Audience Agency - worked for her and left after being treated badly. Roxy is a nasty piece of work.
This article outlines exactly what a moll she is https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/books/2016/11/19/roxy-jacenko-oliver-curtis

• Wow
There was an anonymous email that went round all the PR companies and magazines like wildfire back in the day - it was an absolutely scathing account of what the day to day experience was like working for her. Absolutely unhinged, terrible bullying.
I worked in PR and remember this! I thought it went to all the news desks too? Lots of examples of racism too.

There was also an anonymous blog called “Six Inch Heels Only” or something like that, which was I think based on ACP Magazines? It was shortly after The Devil Wears Prada came out which was probably why it was so popular.

Does anyone remember it or am I going crazy?

Reactions: 7
I worked in PR and remember this! I thought it went to all the news desks too? Lots of examples of racism too.

There was also an anonymous blog called “Six Inch Heels Only” or something like that, which was I think based on ACP Magazines? It was shortly after The Devil Wears Prada came out which was probably why it was so popular.

Does anyone remember it or am I going crazy?
Do you remember any of the anecdotes? Was any of it ever published?

It’s a shame that something like that email and the book didn’t end her career. Instead, like the cockroach she truly is, she survived.

Reactions: 5
Yes! Read it. Nasty nasty thing.
I signed up for a free preview of the book on iBooks and interesting the author thanks Roxy’s dad and wife Lisa Ho. Yikes. I know Roxy talks about hard work but she comes from extremely wealthy parents and she used to run her office from one of her dads buildings.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I signed up for a free preview of the book on iBooks and interesting the author thanks Roxy’s dad and wife Lisa Ho. Yikes. I know Roxy talks about hard work but she comes from extremely wealthy parents and she used to run her office from one of her dads buildings.

Nothing quite like a nepo baby who insists that they became hugely successful all on their own because of nothing but their grit, determination and hard work. Almost every last one of them refuse to acknowledge that they never had to meet the hurdles that ordinary folks do getting a business off the ground.

They forget to acknowledge the myriad of things that gave them a huge advantage, like:
- having your parents financially support you until you start making a profit,
- free office space that they gift you,
- start up funding they gift you to buy office furniture/office equipment and supplies/keep the lights on/pay for your insurances and your staff’s salary,
- access to mummy and daddy’s capital and credit to secure business loans,
- high profile business connections through their wealthy parents and the closed social circles of the top notch schooling they received that bring them a steady stream of clients and business opportunities.

The advantages they have are infinite compared to normal people from lower and middle class backgrounds, regardless of how hard they work. Even folks who seem pleasant and relatively grounded like Chyka and Bruce Keebaugh won’t acknowledge that coming from a wealthy family gave them a huge leg up and that their own kids only had the opportunities they had because of mum and dad’s status.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I heard once she stole all the contacts when working at Marcs and Diesel and then went off to start her business

• Wow
How is this not a bigger deal though? Where is all the media and outrage. Even ppl in the Outspoken chat were saying 'poor Roxy'.
She always seems to get away with everything! In that autobiography there are countless examples of massive failing outs with clients and big brands, such dodgy operations and of course pure nastiness.
But somehow she just keeps going. Apparently Pixie is the same - has already had a hugely negative impact on the class at her Singapore school.
Annette Sharpe needs to do an update!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
How is this not a bigger deal though? Where is all the media and outrage. Even ppl in the Outspoken chat were saying 'poor Roxy'.
She always seems to get away with everything! In that autobiography there are countless examples of massive failing outs with clients and big brands, such dodgy operations and of course pure nastiness.
But somehow she just keeps going. Apparently Pixie is the same - has already had a hugely negative impact on the class at her Singapore school.
Ooh, what about Pixie and her new school? I hadn’t heard any of that (sorry if I’m behind).

Reactions: 7
Well even if she refunds the money people are going to have a sour taste in their mouth. It is quite interesting that the competition was an included entry for Roxy's Bootcamp, the website of which is an online marketing course. Who’s going to want to buy her courses now? Seems too dodgy.

Reactions: 4