Cancer Influencers #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is a prognosis likely to be with no treatment?
It's all different. It depends where the cancer is, how bad it is and if it's aggressive, I've known people to be off treatment for a few months before they have passed others weeks and sadly some who have only lasted a few days

Reactions: 3
Nicknacklou was dead 11 days after stopping treatment and her post about “not going anywhere yet!” So it can be very fast

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Nicknacklou was dead 11 days after stopping treatment and her post about “not going anywhere yet!” So it can be very fast
That was such a shock. I know we all knew she was very poorly but she looked quite well until those last few weeks and it was rapid. Utterly heartbreaking, hard when anyone has it but to see children or adults with years ahead of them with cancer is just beyond cruel.

Poor Lizzies treatment has been stopped now and her team haven’t done the referral yet to the marsden
It's absolutely horrific. Before instagram and before cancer patients spoke out, i had no idea how clinical and cruel it can be to just say, no you're done. No treatment. Nothing.

I am gutted for her. So so gutted. I can't imagine.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
My heart absolutely breaks for her 😢 she’s got a meeting or something today to see what happens next. I think it’s bleeping AWFUL that they still haven’t done the referral and that they’ve mentioned other treatments to her but never actually delivered anything - it feels like they just think she’s a lost cause so she’s been pushed to the bottom of the pile! 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My heart absolutely breaks for her 😢 she’s got a meeting or something today to see what happens next. I think it’s bleeping AWFUL that they still haven’t done the referral and that they’ve mentioned other treatments to her but never actually delivered anything - it feels like they just think she’s a lost cause so she’s been pushed to the bottom of the pile! 😡
I suppose as well you have to maybe see where her doctor is coming from, they maybe know that madden won’t accept her and she’s maybe been told that.
But again, when you’re in shock you don’t listen, it’s like being in aeroplane mode, it’s so sad and I can’t imagine her doctor just wants to give up either 😢 horrible for her babies too 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
NNL was also supposed to be referred to the and was the month before stopping treatment. I think that hospitals won’t until the last moment for stage 4 because they know it won’t actually be curative or helpful.. it may prolong life somewhat but budgets say no.?

absolutely gutted for Lizzie I think this is the end of the road for her treatment now

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She was sat in the treatment chair, ready for chemo and her oncologist phoned the nurse, who had to tell Lizzi that treatment was being stopped. I know the oncologist is busy but I feel for life changing news like that, surely they should do it face to face.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
She was sat in the treatment chair, ready for chemo and her oncologist phoned the nurse, who had to tell Lizzi that treatment was being stopped. I know the oncologist is busy but I feel for life changing news like that, surely they should do it face to face.
Very poor taste I agree

• Sad
  • Heart
Christ I feel so sorry for Lizzie. The situation is actually so bleak, I know she is very ill but she just seems so with it which seems even more cruel. 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I really feel for Lizzie and her family. If treatment is like treating a leg that is hanging off with a plaster then I don't really see the point in continuing treatment. I know that must feel so scary to her but if it won't prolong her life or help her pain what is the point. I do hope she comes to terms with her treatment before she dies and its not something she holds onto or feels bitter about, just so she can find some peace for herself. I think she sometimes feels like she isn't advocating for herself enough but I hope that doesn't weigh on her mind too much.

Reactions: 6
She's still a human being and should be treated as such. She knows the treatment won't work but for the oncologist to not even give the death sentence themselves is piss bleeping poor.

Just because she has stage 4 cancer doesn't mean she's all of a sudden not deserving of compassion and respect.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She's still a human being and should be treated as such. She knows the treatment won't work but for the oncologist to not even give the death sentence themselves is piss bleeping poor.

Just because she has stage 4 cancers doesn't mean she's all of a sudden not deservng of compassion and respect.
I completely agree with you - my point (just to be clear) is that maybe that’s how the *hospital* do this. They look at the staging and put money into lower stages that could have a higher chance of survival? Which of course is awful and shouldnt be the way it’s done.

Reactions: 1
She must be so scared. I had a relative that had stage 4 cancer and hearing her crying because she was scared of dying will haunt me forever 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Lizzies stories are heart breaking. I keep hoping for a miracle for her and her wee family.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've got tears in my eyes reading these posts..... I can't imagine the terror she must be feeling. 💔 Is The Marsden referral for palliative care?

Reactions: 4
Her oncologist sounds bleeping useless. Don't say you'll make a referral if you're not going to. Don't suggest IV radiation if you're not going to do it. Don't get nurses to deliver bad news on your behalf. Plus the fact shes still waiting dor MRI results from 3 weeks ago. It's not acceptable.

This is heartbreaking. Poor poor Lizzie. Imagine just being told that's it, say goodbye to your kids, you're going to die soon. I know it's not anyone's fault, it's just bleeping cruel. And happening way too often, to all ages.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21