Lily and Anna: the fallout
Anna stopped liking Lily's posts back in July, while Lily hasn't liked any of Anna's IG posts since August. Lily didn't send Anna any birthday wishes or acknowledge Anna’s son’s first birthday. Lily has left Gleam (unknown whether she jumped or was pushed or dumped) and has joined a new agency - YMU. Anna and Lily’s podcast is not continuing with Lily initially saying it was on her, however recently someone asked Lily in a YouTube comment if she would be able to do podcast with Anna now that Lily is with a different agency, and Lily gave a rather cold answer along the lines of "in this industry anyone can work with anyone". In a sneaky move, Anna has since randomly liked one of Lily’s reels.
Lily and Anna continue to avoid each other at all costs. Anna appears to have banned YouTube comments featuring the words 'Lily,' 'Pebbles,' 'LP,' and even 'podcast.'
When Anna recently attended a bunch of events in London (including an overnight stay) she did not meet up with Lily. And even though they have both been attending plenty of PR events, they are sure to never attend the same one (even for brands they have both worked with - so seems it is being coordinated).
As the feud rumbles on, Lily seems to be determined to let people know that she does, in fact, have friends. She's been mentioning and featuring her friends in vlogs and has been trying to get Ruth Crilly onside. As for Anna, she is best friends with Zoe Sugg
nowadays. Lily who?
Lily's track record of racism/classism/xenophobia/misogyny and other types of intolerance, discrimination or problematic behavior:
- Slagged off (now journalist) Lucy Partington for working at McDonalds and for speaking out against illegal unpaid internships (Lily, who got to live at her parents’ place in London for free until she was 27, was defending unpaid internships)
- Slagged off Fenty (brand owned by Black singer Rihanna Fenty and known for being WOC inclusive) for having a ‘stupid name’ and ‘imitating Fendi’ and repeatedly made patronizing comments about “not being interested in the range”
- Slagged off the lyrics in Rihanna’s song ‘Work’ which is in the Jamaican Patois language (“is she actually saying any real words?!”) and misspelled her name
- Repeatedly slagged off African American Vernacular English (“issa”, “got my nails did”)
- Tokenized Black blogger Kristabel Plummer for a book cover, did not pay her, and proceeded to misspell her name
- Performative activism during BLM: vowed to support Black brands, to make sure that there was representation of all races at PR events she attended, and to raise awareness of Black issues, only to do nothing
- Slagged off people for speaking a foreign language in an Uberpool with her (“They could speak perfect English but chose to speak another language the whole time. I think it’s so rude”, “I just don’t want to hear that!”)
- Made comment implying that her phone would “100% get stolen” on a road with council estates
- Defamed a hair salon (after they gave her a free service) by tweeting out that they had given away her jacket to another customer
- Slagged off women who don’t have children
- Posted photo of her fully-stocked fridge calling it “dull” in the middle of the child hunger/free school meals crisis (and the movement led by Marcus Rashford)
- Various instances of her classism showing through (eg saying about the IKEA desk that "it'll do for now...")
Compilation of Lily's shitty non-apologies (i.e. Lily refusing to take responsibility for her words/actions):
Compilation of Lily’s humiliating her husband Richard:
- Making him unblock the toilet after she flushed her used tampon
- Refusing to let him have a desk while he was working at home during the pandemic
- Making him pluck her chin hairs
- Making him shave her pubic hair
- Making him do her toenails
- Making him use only the downstairs toilet because she doesn't want him to poo in the same toilet as her
- Generally making fun of him/putting him down/posting pictures of him in vulnerable situations