Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Keet

Chatty Member
I’ve been so guilty of keeping things for best, no more though. I deserve some treats bedsides if I die before using stuff up it’ll only go to my sister anyway and we can’t have that 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Silverback

VIP Member
This came up on my FYP on Instagram recently and I saved it. Something I want to carry forward into the NY
I love this. I’ve been inspired by an episode of The Bear- one of the characters is kind of a mess in his personal life, and he turns to wearing a suits, and the effect it has on how he carries himself and feels about himself is immense.
Now I’m not about to don a suit but I have been doing flicked liquid eyeliner and soft waves in my hair everyday, and I’m slowly smartening up my wardrobe somewhat. It helps psychologically somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

xxWillowTreexx

I brought my friend to the gp before as she was having a bit of an asthma attack. The doc sets her up with the machine and then says, will I get your mum to come in and sit with you. She's 36, I'm 43.
I was distraught.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I can’t remember who asked me about the hourglass glossy lip balms but I used “slip” today and o-m-g it’s gorgeous. Glides on, beautiful colour, glossy and hydrating but not sticky, and very pigmented. The tarte ones are slightly thicker and stickier. The hourglass is just gorgeous and lightweight, I love it. Must order all the colours now 😂

attached some pics of the colour on me. It’s similar to tarte “primrose” but slightly deeper

Attachments

• Heart

adviseplz

VIP Member
I started the wiki to keep track of common suggestions for everyone to refer back to… it was going really well until work got in the way and I was too busy to stay on top of it 😅 much appreciation to those who do the wikis for the super busy threads! So if anyone wants to help me keeping it up to date then please feel free, otherwise happy to keep going with it myself.

Also gals and guys…. Just cut open my moisturiser tube after it ‘finished’ to find it still 1/4 full, first time I’ve done this and was legit shocked - so PSA to cut open things before you chuck them!

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Gen z look older as they are constantly worrying about what to be offended by or what pronoun to use.

• Haha

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Just realised my skincare looks like I’m a preteen about to do a get ready with me on tiktok 😭 I’m 26 😭

IMG_6795.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I could do with some new storage too. Keep getting my head turned by things on TikTok but am determined to have a proper look around before I buy anything.
This is going to be my new years resolution I think. Do not buy anything just because it has been marketed to me - by influencers, ads, socials, whatever. If I want something because it is a replacement or I genuinely need it, fine. Not because I saw it 5 minutes ago and now suddenly need it.

• Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
I have a question for the fellow depressed ladies: how do you sort yourself out when you're feeling like roadkill? I've been getting progressively worse for the past couple months, I'm never high maintenance but now it's crossing the border of neglecting personal hygiene and I feel gross but I can't pull myself out of the funk. Do you have a reset hack that works or is it just what it is until you start feeling better?

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Have a look at Caroline Hirons, she is a Skin Care expert and has done a post on Teen/Tween skincare on her app
I don’t mean to disagree but I’d caution taking Caroline’s advice without doing further research into other reviews of the products etc.

She has had deals with so many brands (as well as her own) and her recommendations are biased. She has threads here for anyone who wants more info.

• Heart

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Public service announcement 🚨 - klarna are giving £20 off a £40 spend when you pay later with them on any site that shows the “k” logo at checkout! Includes asos, H&M, and loads more but I didn’t get past those, the list is on klarna though! 😂
Just a heads up (as I only found this out very recently) but if you’re hoping to get a mortgage (either a new one or a remortgage) then banks do not look kindly on seeing Klarna and the like on your bank statements, even if you’re taking it out and paying it back quickly. They just see someone who potentially can’t control their spending.

I feel like such a mug as I’ve been using been using for a good two years so it’s alllll over my my bank statements! And I was hoping to buy my first house next year 😭

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Silverback

VIP Member
I also have the frown ‘crinkle’ between my eyebrows and I hate it. In zoom meetings it’s all I can look at.

Ps does anyone else get pissed off at all the party season talk? I’d love to wear a sequin dress but I’m a mum of 3 and my work do is at Pizza Express FFS. What are all these supposed parties that everyone is going to?!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really think getting your hair regularly coloured and cut, getting your brows tinted and shaped, your nails done every two weeks and using a decent moisturiser at night, using a lip and cheek stick and mascara is what's needed to look well maintained.

Shame I don't have the money or energy for any of it at the moment. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I got my brows microbladed, I got powder brows done and I am really happy with them!! I got them done even though I naturally have/had lovely brows because I was going to lose them with the chemotherapy I was having.

Before
Screenshot_20240103-112522~2.jpg

2 months after
IMG_20240103_112307.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I had a proper pampering session this morning, I feel like a new woman :love:
Had a nice shave while showering and let a conditioner sit on my hair as a mask while doing that. Then used my new IPL device and moisturised with a really thick cream afterwards. My legs feel sooo nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you 💗 Putting it all under a spoiler because it's rambling.

I don't have access to therapy or medication at the moment, I want to make an appointment with a psychiatrist but I keep postponing it because, brain.

I actually managed to shower and wash my hair this evening, it's a big win. The panic of my mother dropping in and seeing the state of me was enough anxiety to reset my executive dysfunction, I can't deal with questions right now. I will try to get my nails done next week and see if it helps 🙏

I do like the feeling of being neat and clean but this month is running away with me, most of the time I don't follow what day it is until I check the calendar. Maybe actually writing out a shower and personal care schedule might help, but I'll have to find a way to make it not look so daunting.
Be gentle with yourself. I think, when feeling very low in mood/depressed, trying to maintain a sense of personal hygiene is a good thing. But don’t then start beating yourself up because you’re not at your most immaculate. Being clean, healthy and up and about is enough some days.

• Heart
The children and skincare debate has peaked my interest. Only because I saw something relevant that I felt quite shocked by only a day or two ago. Browsing insta and an acquaintances daughter was recommended to me to follow. I know this girl is only about 8/9/10 ish. So I looked at her page and she’s doing videos of “get unready with me” and when you watch them she’s doing her nightly skincare with Drunk Elephant and Byoma and Glow Water etc! (I do think the Drunk elephant products looked like the mini travel sizes you can buy from Selfridges etc). She only had a few followers, guessing her friends or a lot of her mums friends. Then in her insta bio she said she was inspired by some other girls insta, so I looked at hers. Again lots of random influencery type videos of skincare (also I should mention these videos aren’t using the skincare correctly in terms of layering etc), but she had about 7k followers. This girl looked about 10. And she was being sent PR parcels and doing “unboxing”.

So these tweens aren’t being influenced now by older teens/early 20s insta influencers, it’s their own peer group.

I don’t see the issue with a young tween starting to look after their skin, I was always taught to by my mum (but it was probably those crap Boots brands). But I do find the fact it’s not about the skincare really, it’s the trying to be an influencer using certain brands and not using the products correctly, just to film themselves, what is bizarre !

• Wow
  • Sad