Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dickydoo123

Chatty Member
DH and I don't have children, I have issues that will prevent me conceiving and MIL knows this. DH is an only child so I guess she might resent me a little as she may never be a grandma. She has said how disappointed she feels at perhaps never been a grandma but what can I say? Errm sorry my bits dont work right....🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
But what irks me about her is how everytime one of her friends or cousins becomes a grandma she tells me about it. Messages like "Anne welcomed her fourth grandchild last night, her fourth one!"
I always reply back something nice like aww lovely send her my love, whats her address i'll send her a card but I never get a reply from her.
But her son being settled and happy isn’t enough? Why do they have to turn into psycho granny wannabes as soon as a DIL is on the scene? My husbands mother once commented how we were selfish for only having one child. Apparently, an only child is a lonely child . Failed to remember a medical diagnosis stopped any plans for us having any more children. You just couldn’t make it up, some people are beyond toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

KayTay

My father in law passed away a couple of years ago. He was an absolute gentleman, such a good kind man, you couldn't meet nicer.

As for the rest of them, I hope they all burn in hell.

If I was to write down everything that they've done to me and put me through over the years, I'd be identified here straightaway so unfortunately I can't do that.

To put it politely, they're a bunch of twisted c**ts :mad:
I'm so sorry to hear about your F-I-L, he does sound so lovely 😔

It's awful when we lose the good ones and are left with the shit.

Yeah I think your husband should say it for you to be honest. It's bad enough you had such a personal attack (which is what it was) in the first place without now having to put yourself through a confrontation.

I'm not sure but maybe your hubby could say to his dad that he didnt appreciate the comment made about his wife. I feel for you, I have been through similar with my own dad and I've had to put boundaries in place xx
Thanks lovely. I'm gonna speak to hubby after work. He's not one to shy away from confrontation (when it's justified) so I'm hoping he does have my back on this. He knows how much of an ass his dad is. I'd like to be there when he talks to him, though. After this thread I've got myself a bit riled up and have a few things that need to be said! xx

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
DH and I don't have children, I have issues that will prevent me conceiving and MIL knows this. DH is an only child so I guess she might resent me a little as she may never be a grandma. She has said how disappointed she feels at perhaps never been a grandma but what can I say? Errm sorry my bits dont work right....🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
But what irks me about her is how everytime one of her friends or cousins becomes a grandma she tells me about it. Messages like "Anne welcomed her fourth grandchild last night, her fourth one!"
I always reply back something nice like aww lovely send her my love, whats her address i'll send her a card but I never get a reply from her.

• Sad
  • Heart

Sosig

Chatty Member
I've been with my partner almost 3 years and I'm yet to meet my in laws, I'm not in a rush. We don't have children and we're not married.
I've met his cousin and all of his friends but the parents seem to have problems of their own so theres never really been a right time 🤷🏻‍♀️
My ex's mother was an absolute psychopath and he basically ended it because she told him to. She was painfully nice to my face but then as soon the ex and I had a falling out that was it, I was banished 😂
As for my own family, my mother is the devil, my father never bothered with us.
I'm close to my brother but not really with my sister as there is a huge age gap between us.

• Sad

Orange Creme

VIP Member
Yeah he does think he's hilarious. He's ALWAYS making snide little comments about people. Whenever we see them, if it's not one of us he's commenting about, you can guarantee he's got something "funny" to say about someone else!

I did speak to my hubby about it. He said he didn't even hear the comment being made on Zoom (I'm inclined to believe him because he was messing about on his phone). But when I told him he said I need to speak to the in-laws and let them know it upset me and he can't go around saying things like that. We've got another call on Friday, I won't say anything there (unless he makes other comments!!) but then seeing them on Sunday so I'll certainly be saying something then. Just need to find the right way to go about it.
Yeah I think your husband should say it for you to be honest. It's bad enough you had such a personal attack (which is what it was) in the first place without now having to put yourself through a confrontation.

I'm not sure but maybe your hubby could say to his dad that he didnt appreciate the comment made about his wife. I feel for you, I have been through similar with my own dad and I've had to put boundaries in place xx

KayTay

I cut my husbands mother off a few years ago as the final straw to her behavior. She was always used to being in control and having what she says goes. Unfortunately for her, her son married me and that behaviour doesn’t sit right with me nor will I allow our child to believe that is how you treat people in life. She has never been held accountable for her behaviour until I called her out on it (after many years). My family are close and we treat each other with respect. Your position within the family certainly doesn’t give you a pass for shitty behaviour. Situation now is her and her partner will never step foot into my house again, they see my child when I say and hubby can go round when he likes it’s his mother at the end of the day. The sister in law has recently gone underground so I presume she’s realised I’ll never allow her mother back in our family life and has taken her side. That’s fine. FIL is a diamond, worship the ground he walks on. He’s a real family man. Continual apologies don’t work for me, only a change in behaviour shows how truly sorry somebody is. My child knows the score, I will never defend toxic, shitty people however I put no pressure on them to not go round but should they ever drag my name through the mud in my child’s presence they will be cut off in a heartbeat.
Funny though I know one of them stalks my SM so I have a bit of fun with that every now and again. Childish I know but play that game with me and I’ll burn you.

The shock of his comment probably stopped you all in your tracks and maybe, not only embarrassed you but the other people on the call too. Would’ve been better if MIL could’ve text you later on and said ‘I’ve had a word with him about what he said, he was out of order etc etc’ Just an acknowledgment would’ve been better than her silence! I hope it goes ok for you at weekend 🙏🏻
M-I-L sounds like a right piece of work - you did the right thing cutting her out! You're still giving her a chance to have a relationship with her grandchild so she needs to tread carefully and remember that!
The SM fun really made me laugh. You've got to have a bit of fun every now and again, haven't you!! Serves them right for still stalking you 😂

Thank you, you're so right. He clearly did make everyone else on the call feel uncomfortable so that's just not on. I'm annoyed with my M-I-L for not saying anything so the chat at the weekend will be an interesting one! Thanks for your message ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Mummylife_247

Thank you! I've spoken to my husband and he's absolutely on my side. He definitely didn't hear the comment, but reckons he would have said something at the time if he did. So we're going over there on Sunday to give him a piece of our mind and tell him it has to stop. Whether he likes it or not, I'm part of the family! I'll happily cut him out if that's what he wants/can't reign it in, but it'll be his loss missing out on future grandchildren!!

Thanks for your advice ❤
Good luck 🙂

• Heart

AmeliaFatFace

You know it didn't even occur to me to say something to everyone else on the call. Now you've mentioned it, why didn't anyone say anything?! Maybe it's time to just step away from them and have a little break for a while, get away from the toxicity.

Saying that, the M-I-L hasn't messaged me since and like I said, we talk everyday! So she clearly knows I was upset and her husband was being a massive bellend. But yeah...why didn't she say anything...hmm 🧐
Sadly I’d imagine he treats her poorly behind closed doors too. It’s unlikely he’s a great guy 99% of the time and thinks it’s acceptable to openly humiliate just you ☹

• Sad

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
M-I-L sounds like a right piece of work - you did the right thing cutting her out! You're still giving her a chance to have a relationship with her grandchild so she needs to tread carefully and remember that!
The SM fun really made me laugh. You've got to have a bit of fun every now and again, haven't you!! Serves them right for still stalking you 😂

Thank you, you're so right. He clearly did make everyone else on the call feel uncomfortable so that's just not on. I'm annoyed with my M-I-L for not saying anything so the chat at the weekend will be an interesting one! Thanks for your message ❤

Hi, just wondering how you got on?

Did he apologise?