Yasmine Camilla

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When domestic abuse is involved, or when someone is claiming to know me, it’s not “bad comments”.

You’ll note I don’t rise to the nonsense that’s been shared on here before, and I can confirm; it’s mostly made up lies.

What’s a shame, is that people think it’s ok to rip others apart anonymously online, and make things up for entertainment and likes on their comment.

No one is perfect, but what I do with my life and share online, isn’t intended to harm anyone, more than can be said for this place.

To be honest I think talking about money is a good thing and not enough people do. Debt is awful and often hidden from others so her talking about it could help others face their problems. I might not agree with everything she does (people wouldn’t agree 100% with my opinions either) but I actually think this is a good thing to be addressing.
I agree talking about money and debt is a good thing. However her debt free goal in 52 weeks is just not relatable. It’s more than a lifestyle change to remove £38k of debt so quickly even with the best part of £49k disposable income. Let’s face it she has posted her first weeks outgoings and already spent the best part of £120 on her hair and cleaner. I’m not suggesting for one moment she should not treat her self but surely the first thing to go would be the cleaner . Tik tok seems a strange platform to share this on , granted I have no idea how monetisation works on the platform but presumably with her followers and views of videos that will be posted whilst she still has the interest will bring in some income . Would you search on Tik tok for financial stories ? The interest has come via her press articles and unless that’s followed up through the year there will not be new interest. Her life according to Instagram is in the main via promotion s and gifts be that days out, products , clothing , eating out, drinks etc so it’s not really something that compliments the hardships of cutting back on luxury

Reactions: 3
The reason the papers jumped on it was because she went from 0 to 30k followers in 3 days. The Sun chose to write about her because she went viral. I read the comments on the TikTok videos and people are saying they're inspired etc to be fair.

I can't relate to it personally as I have no significant debt but I sat in one of her lives to see what the fuss was about and over 3k attended throughout and asked relentless questions and complimented her. People made snide comments too tbf but it seems with it being such a taboo people are welcoming the transparency. Fair play.

I followed her because I felt sorry for her but have unfollowed. As she explains what she spent the money on, I am just absolutely baffled. Why on earth would you double your cleaner’s pay when she isn’t even cleaning your house, regardless of her situation being a single parent you have put yourself in debt for someone else who wasn’t even providing a service ? People are applauding her in comments for doubling her pay and still paying her. More fool her she is now in huge debt and for what !! Disgusted to hear that Klarna are in talks about her peloton debt as if they’re going to write it off, after she’s admittedly spent 5k on Deliveroo and Uber eats when she could’ve gotten a delivery slot from a supermarket. Does she think she’s the only single parent that had to work throughout lockdown ? How does she think everyone else coped ? It was the whole country / world going through it too ?? Paying for childcare because her children were bored ?? I have absolutely no sympathy for her, she’s just an idiot

Reactions: 8
She wants a lifestyle she can’t afford, simple as. She needs therapy, not another navel gazing social media platform. She’s too busy to cook / shop / look after her kids / clean her own 2 bedroom house but has loads of time for making TikToks of course

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I followed her because I felt sorry for her but have unfollowed. As she explains what she spent the money on, I am just absolutely baffled. Why on earth would you double your cleaner’s pay when she isn’t even cleaning your house, regardless of her situation being a single parent you have put yourself in debt for someone else who wasn’t even providing a service ? People are applauding her in comments for doubling her pay and still paying her. More fool her she is now in huge debt and for what !! Disgusted to hear that Klarna are in talks about her peloton debt as if they’re going to write it off, after she’s admittedly spent 5k on Deliveroo and Uber eats when she could’ve gotten a delivery slot from a supermarket. Does she think she’s the only single parent that had to work throughout lockdown ? How does she think everyone else coped ? It was the whole country / world going through it too ?? Paying for childcare because her children were bored ?? I have absolutely no sympathy for her, she’s just an idiot
This is what rubbed me the wrong way. I've been in a similar situation through lockdown, like many other single parents. I was also at rock bottom when it came to my mental health. Yeah I ordered more takeaways than usual but 5k? Jesus wept. I isolated FIVE TIMES between October and March, not including lockdowns. I used Deliveroo for groceries once. Click and Collect slots exist, which means you can take the kids with you without queuing, cos I relate to the aggro of taking kids shopping!

There was an article in the Metro today about someone getting debt written off partly due to mental health issues (https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/24/my-bank-wrote-off-10000-of-debt-that-i-spent-while-manic-15124540/ - please read for the whole story, she had a horrible time of it) and she's getting vile comments. Klarna saying they might write the debt off, and Yasmine mentioning mental health (not saying she's lying, as I said, I totally get it), it's going to make people like the girl in this article receive even more stigma.

I can't quite put my finger on how I feel about her tbh. I'm all for trying to tackle debt while trying to make your kids notice or have to sacrifice things, (I feel bad for telling my kids I'm not buying Innocent Smoothies anymore!) but I find it hard to relate to her.

Fair play on the transparency though, not many people take accountability like that.

Reactions: 4
Having watched some of her live stream last night i have the following takeaways
1) she fully admitted she can’t give financial advice but almost slipped up a couple of times to questions by say you could and quickly changing to i did
2) there was plenty of sympathy towards her esp when she brought in some debt was attributed to her abusive ex
3) she we’ll certainly not on the bit I saw failed to answer a question re how much money she had earned from Tik tok
4) she mentioned a couple of debt agencies? had approached her for reviews but there seemed to be a throw away comment of they don’t pay
5) when asked about her ig earnings, she mentioned the minimum negotiated ad earning was £250 with larger campaigns of around £1k but did say she was talking to some startup who didnt have much money so would lower it to £200 . She confirmed her earnings from ig went down during the pandemic but was looking to get them up again
6) on the subject of ig and her number of followers, she admitted she micro manages the people who follow and that means she blocks men from following unless they are fellow bloggers and if I got it right single fathers . She realised she perhaps had alienated any guy watching her live stream as she added quickly she would not be doing that on TikTok . She was encouraging of people jumping over to her ig account and had seen an increase.

In summary for me , yes she has a high debt , but it’s not the same as others that had commented who were using iva,s . if ig income picks up plus other channels then that probably would pay off the whole debt so why she is not concentrating on fully growing that seems strange.

Reactions: 2
I don’t need therapy, I have had a lot of therapy and am in a better mental place than I have been for months.

I tried every day for months to get delivery slots, so no, I couldn’t have “just got a delivery slot”.

My children were bored yes, very few people didn’t have a bubble and worked full time from home that I knew. One of my children was diagnosed with anxiety as a result, would you not do whatever you could to help your child’s mental health?

Klarna called me to ask if I was ok.

it’s in the T&Cs to not say how much you earn on TikTok.

I mentioned debt agencies have asked me to review, I didn’t go into details as it’s not for social media, I would be paid for my time and give honest feedback. I don’t know more yet so didn’t go into it.

I didn’t earn any money from IG for 8 months

The fact I “admitted” to removing men and unwanted followers from my Instagram (something I have always done) goes against me in ads and work, and proves I’m not as hungry for attention as you all try and paint me as, doesn’t it? 95% female followers….

but you will dig around and make something of nothing either way I guess.

Ive said it before but I’ll happily say it again, the sun article was AFTER my TikTok went viral, I started it for myself. I’m always happy to be open about things, and here we are. As for me starting new things and not focusing on one, I have ADHD, it happens.

I’m also concerned “Laughing” is actually stalking me at this stage. I mean, a few minutes of each day and knowing for a fact I’m lazy? Seems impossible….are you watching my every move? 👀

She is just lazy
Are you stalking me? How could you possibly know my output or intended output from a few mins a day.

Last edited:
I don’t need therapy, I have had a lot of therapy and am in a better mental place than I have been for months.

I tried every day for months to get delivery slots, so no, I couldn’t have “just got a delivery slot”.

My children were bored yes, very few people didn’t have a bubble and worked full time from home that I knew. One of my children was diagnosed with anxiety as a result, would you not do whatever you could to help your child’s mental health?

Klarna called me to ask if I was ok.

it’s in the T&Cs to not say how much you earn on TikTok.

I mentioned debt agencies have asked me to review, I didn’t go into details as it’s not for social media, I would be paid for my time and give honest feedback. I don’t know more yet so didn’t go into it.

I didn’t earn any money from IG for 8 months

The fact I “admitted” to removing men and unwanted followers from my Instagram (something I have always done) goes against me in ads and work, and proves I’m not as hungry for attention as you all try and paint me as, doesn’t it? 95% female followers….

but you will dig around and make something of nothing either way I guess.

Ive said it before but I’ll happily say it again, the sun article was AFTER my TikTok went viral, I started it for myself. I’m always happy to be open about things, and here we are. As for me starting new things and not focusing on one, I have ADHD, it happens.

I’m also concerned “Laughing” is actually stalking me at this stage. I mean, a few minutes of each day and knowing for a fact I’m lazy? Seems impossible….are you watching my every move? 👀

Are you stalking me? How could you possibly know my output or intended output from a few mins a day.
Any plans as part of inspiring others with your debt journey to pass on any direct income you get from tik tok , reviews etc directly related to anything you are posting is transparent and passed on to support groups etc that could benefit others ?

Reactions: 1
Many single parents worked from home

Many single parents home schooled

Many single parents went food shopping or got a delivery

Many single parents did not pay their cleaner

Many single parents did not spend £5k on takeaways

Many single parents did not have a support bubble

Many single parents did not send their washing out to be done

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’ve just discovered her on tiktok. As someone who was in debt, more than her but still, I have to say it absolutely makes me rage that she acts so entitled. Get rid of your damn cleaner, cut your bills down, do the snowball method. Whatever it takes.
And showing your outgoings that already include you making repayments to all these debts means it’s under control anyway. No ones coming after her, she doesn’t have bailiffs knocking on her door because she’s missed repayments. She’s just using her crappy situation to tiktok clout.
She said herself she’s in no position to give financial advice. So other than to be oh woe is me, what’s the point 🙄

Reactions: 4
The whole account is very bizarre. Rich, high earning lady who was too lazy to parent, cook, clean or adult has accrued debt during pandemic now teaching others how to clear that debt. All the while having multiple income streams and a huge monthly income. If you can put away £50 a week for self care and haircuts and another £40 for a clever every week, then you're not skint. Just utterly lazy and opportunistic.

I unfollowed as soon as I realised she's praying on people who are in serious debt and using their vulnerability for engagement and money. Classic case of priviledge.

The whole account is very bizarre. Rich, high earning lady who was too lazy to parent, cook, clean or adult has accrued debt during pandemic now teaching others how to clear that debt. All the while having multiple income streams and a huge monthly income. If you can put away £50 a week for self care and haircuts and another £40 for a clever every week, then you're not skint. Just utterly lazy and opportunistic.

I unfollowed as soon as I realised she's praying on people who are in serious debt and using their vulnerability for engagement and money. Classic case of priviledge.
I couldn't agree more.
Yasmine is obviously successful in what she does, and fair play to her. I can't fault her for that. But when I found her on TikTok I decided to follow her instagram as I thought it would be more of the same kind of content, then I saw her grid is just full of adverts, which made me see her tiktok for what it actually is. So many "influencers" and bloggers I have liked over the years become greedy and turn their fans into customers, and that's what's happening here. A referral code here and there for a brand they use doesn't bother me, but 3 of the last 5 posts are adverts, and that's too much!

I also think the ASA need to give her some advice regarding how she declares ads as at the moment it leaves a lot to be desired.

I couldn't agree more.
Yasmine is obviously successful in what she does, and fair play to her. I can't fault her for that. But when I found her on TikTok I decided to follow her instagram as I thought it would be more of the same kind of content, then I saw her grid is just full of adverts, which made me see her tiktok for what it actually is. So many "influencers" and bloggers I have liked over the years become greedy and turn their fans into customers, and that's what's happening here. A referral code here and there for a brand they use doesn't bother me, but 3 of the last 5 posts are adverts, and that's too much!

I also think the ASA need to give her some advice regarding how she declares ads as at the moment it leaves a lot to be desired.
She seems or perhaps seemed sincere having watched her TikToks since the metro article. Her definition of debt management and what is luxury I dont agree with but she has followers justifying her decisions though there has obviously been some backlash against her ig and perceived lifestyle which she has addressed. Obviously very astute at social influencing and is in creator category on tiktok so makes a little from it, has flipped some content to her 'relaunched' youtube and is urging people to subscribe similar to advertising her ig the week before. She's clever at saying "you/lots of you guys have asked for" in regards to her content output delivery and has mentioned companies have approached her for ads on her tiktok but has reservations but no doubt they will appear at some point with the rationale that people have said they are happy.

Reactions: 2
She seems or perhaps seemed sincere having watched her TikToks since the metro article. Her definition of debt management and what is luxury I dont agree with but she has followers justifying her decisions though there has obviously been some backlash against her ig and perceived lifestyle which she has addressed. Obviously very astute at social influencing and is in creator category on tiktok so makes a little from it, has flipped some content to her 'relaunched' youtube and is urging people to subscribe similar to advertising her ig the week before. She's clever at saying "you/lots of you guys have asked for" in regards to her content output delivery and has mentioned companies have approached her for ads on her tiktok but has reservations but no doubt they will appear at some point with the rationale that people have said they are happy.
It reminds me of florence_simpson. I loved her tiktok when she was trying to fit into a pair of jeans, but the minute an ad appeared on her feed I unfollowed because I knew it was a sign of things to come.

Stop turning followers and fans into customers.

Since I know you read here, Yasmine, I think it’s disgusting that you got your debt wiped by Klarna. What a crappy message to send, whine on the internet and expect other people to solve your problems. So now you’ll sell the bike and profit too. You’re a disgrace, have some bleeping pride for the love of god. You’re a grown ass woman who earns 60k a year. Get some self respect and pay your own debt.

Reactions: 9
I don't understand how klarna wiped the debt. They hound the life out of you and destroy your credit rating in the process

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.