Yankees in the South #35 The Only Oven that Dawn Knows How to Operate is a Dutch Oven

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Murray9000 for the hilarious and disgusting thread title.

Of course Will, during a trip to Dollywood of all places, had to make an unnecessary "Dutch Oven" joke and blame it on Dawn. And he wonders why Dollywood kicked him off the media list. Of course Dawn usually is the one to blame when she leaves the car because she "needs to walk around" (for like a minute) or leave the studio to "do laundry".

So let's all walk out of the studio to "do laundry" and run down one of the most "boring-est", laziest months in the history of Yankee in the South.

1000015172.jpg

Coming to you from "The Area of Refuge" at Dollywood's Heart Song Lodge Resort. Remember when Will drug Dawn all over Heart Song looking for a "hidden gem"? They pretended like the area of refuge was a place to relax until they looked it up. Dummies.

Amazing how my family and I just got back from The Smokies and our safety wasn't compromised. I guess we're not as famous as YITS.

We also did more than YITS: Hillbilly Golf, Hatfield & McCoy's, all the rollercoasters at Dollywood, not to mention the sights of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. All of that is not hard. Of course Will and Dawn pretty much hide out during the busy seasons and complain about nothing to cover during the slow times.

What an amazing YITS run we've witnessed this past few weeks (doesn't it seem like it took longer to get to this recap because the content was so boring?).

The big news is that Adventure is Out There has passed Yankee in the South in terms of subscriber numbers (AIOT passed YITS in terms of content years ago) and has qualified for the coveted YouTube plaque by reaching 100,000 subscribers.

Meanwhile, YITS has been floundering in the mid-90-thousand range for months on end. Don't ask about the 94,000 sus-criber contest. It must be something amazing because it's been promised since - what? - last December or January?

Will has better things to do like eat at Payl's or stick his nose in pretend YouTube drama to garner sympathy and clicks. There was some drama among Smoky Mountain YouTubers, but, honestly, other than YITS, I don't care what any other fat grifters do. It's enough to keep up with Will and Dawn's lies. If they added a thruple or whatever to their relationship, it would push me over the edge and give me the dry heaves.

What did Will and Dawn do to keep people watching? Well, they watched two bears do nothing in trees for 17 minutes. We got lots of "history", i.e. reading plaques badly and they waddled and drove around a town that celebrates a black and white TV show that's been off the air for more than 50 years.

What do all of these vlogs have in common? I mean aside from plenty of free content.

We've seen this before. Will did a ton of free stuff last year to build up to Dawn's 50th birthday trip. Hey, those cheap cruises cost money!

(BTW, Dawn, if you're reading this, you'll be 51 this year. In 20 years, you'll be in your 70s. You might want to write that on your underwear so you'll remember.)

It's Spring Time in The Smokies! Unless of course you're Will's booger. Then it's fall. It fell alright, fell right out of his nose. Why do we have to suffer for Will's lack of hygiene? Will says he retired from the automotive industry. Probably because he sold all the oil and grease on his body and in his hair to OPEC. Forget drilling in Alaska. Just wring out his baseball caps.

Spring Time also means Easter. Of course YITS commemorated Easter by posting a picture of Christ's Tomb at sunset with a very appropriate cartoon of Snoopy sitting right in the middle. "They Crucified Jesus, Charlie Brown!" "Judas, you blockhead!"

After that, it was off to the 1960s. Granted, that's a lot of places in North Carolina. In this case, Will went to Airy Pines, NC for a $6 pork chop sandwedge...er...to see Mayberry, the inspiration for Dawn's favorite, "Andy Griffin". The most exciting moment for them was buying a deep fried pie. I doubt the pie made it past the state line in one piece.

So many of this month's vlogs are just drive somewhere, then go eat, often times in a parking lot. They had crappy barbecue, $40 of nothing at The Local Burro and enough food to choke a donkey at Freddy's Frozen Custard. Get this: Will and Dawn each had a double cheeseburger, large fries, cheese curds and sundaes! It's funny. Will hasn't made any diet jokes in a long time. Sometimes Dawn eats less, but not our Will. Spring has sprung and so have his extra chins. If he lost 43lbs, believe me, he's found
it.

Weight gain isn't the only story. The other one is sloth. Will and Dawn have always been lazy, but they are giving slugs a crawl for their money. Seventeen minutes watching bears do nothing, a produced video in the afternoon about traffic patterns in the morning, walking to lunch in Gatlinburg, showing nothing new in Anakeesta, taking pictures in a "selfie park" that's not new (despite what Will says), the eclipse and, the old standbys, The Rod Run and a tasting pass a Dollywood.

However, there's one place so awful (and cheap) that it deserves to stand alone. Miles alone. Seriously, get it the duck away from me. The Greenback Castle. It's not a castle. It's an environmental disaster. It's just piles of old bricks, cinder blocks, plywood and plastic crap all stuck together.

Apparently the owner, Junior, first started building it to attract ladies. I wouldn't be surprised if a few ladies are buried out back in the stray dog graveyard.

When no women were psychotic enough to fall for him, Junior decided to turn this mess into a religious temple. As in, "Jesus Christ! Look at this big fuckin mess!" I feel bad for the county or whomever has to clean it up in about three years. It's not a castle. It's a bunch of random, dirty walls with crap everywhere. He put up a sign saying he needs "marvels"?!? Apparently God doesn't love Junior enough to give him the basic intelligence to spell "marbles"!

At least Dawn had the sense to keep her distance. Think about that. If Ol' Junior and his moldy "castle" disgusted someone of Dawn's limited intelligence, I'm guessing he got interest from exactly zero women. Shocking.

As if all of the crap at Ol' Junior's castle wasn't enough, Will and Dawn took us to the Dixie Oil Show and Swap Meet. Will had to show us old signs and fixtures from his childhood like McDonald's and Pepsi. Some signs Will ignored: "Fresh Vegetables" "Gymnasium" and "Shampoo".

Dawn's birthday is coming up. Will has promised something "amazing". As long as "amazing" is driveable.

Speaking of that. On the Lie-streams, Will has become an expert on airlines. Will has taken - what? - five roundtrip flights in his life? Two of those to Las Vegas. Yet Will acts like he's so Continental. Just like his favorite airline - that went out of business when it merged with United in 2012.

Over the past few months, Will has seemingly gotten lazier and Dawn has seemingly gotten dumber. As both continue to be disenchanted with The Smokies, I can't expect it's a winning formula to grow a channel.

We can surely expect more bloviating from Will and more flatulence from Dawn. I expect YITS will waddle across the 100K sus-cribers finish line at some point. But as Will gets lazier and lazier, I expect AIOT will continue to increase the distance and leave YITS behind like Will in his classroom at The Burger School.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I listened to CATS livestream from yesterday. They are such nice people. I feel bad for them that people continue to nag them about YITS and why are they not hanging out with them.

Reactions: 14
On my way in the grocery store this evening I noticed a new sign on the door indicating -
No Photography
No Videoing
No Recording of any type allowed inside the store or on the premises

Either they had an incident or they're hoping to avoid an incident. Either way, there's a part of me that is glad they have that rule now but also a little sad that they felt they had to post a sign.

Reactions: 11
"I think this is a part of a "Marrow-Go-Round".
OK...maybe I understand your ignorance if you only heard the word spoken but how can a 46 year old person go through life and never see the word Merry-Go-Round in writing?????

Reactions: 9
They have been so boring that I had to flip a page to find the new thread. I have to admit that I don’t really watch them anymore. I wait for the parody channels.
As for CATS, they do seem like a nice couple. Anytime some one mentions YITS, they always polite and just say they took different paths. Don’t blame them. Who would want to be friends with a cheap scape like Will plus he always wants to be the front and center.
It’s going to be interesting to see what the great birthday outing is. We all know it WON’T be all about Dong. It will be what Will wants to do and she will be along for the ride.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I am trying to setting into my new job and I have to admit I think about yits way to much. First, neither of them would make it in any type of office setting. Second, I hate that I am not a grifter who does zero at all times. Third, I talk to stupid people all day and yits is still the dumbest people I have listened to in a long time.

• Heart
  • Haha
They have been so boring that I had to flip a page to find the new thread. I have to admit that I don’t really watch them anymore. I wait for the parody channels.
As for CATS, they do seem like a nice couple. Anytime some one mentions YITS, they always polite and just say they took different paths. Don’t blame them. Who would want to be friends with a cheap scape like Will plus he always wants to be the front and center.
It’s going to be interesting to see what the great birthday outing is. We all know it WON’T be all about Dong. It will be what Will wants to do and she will be along for the ride.
Does anyone have any predictions? He hinted at telling Dawn what she would need to wear. I don't think they're going far or expensive. My hope upon hope is that it's an indoor snow tubing place in Gatlinburg because I feel like the parody content would just write itself.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I am trying to setting into my new job and I have to admit I think about yits way to much. First, neither of them would make it in any type of office setting. Second, I hate that I am not a grifter who does zero at all times. Third, I talk to stupid people all day and yits is still the dumbest people I have listened to in a long time.
Good luck at your new job!

Except for settling in at a new job, I've been at mine almost 2 years, I could have written the same post. It's aggravating.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone have any predictions? He hinted at telling Dawn what she would need to wear. I don't think they're going far or expensive. My hope upon hope is that it's an indoor snow tubing place in Gatlinburg because I feel like the parody content would just write itself.
Worthless advise since they are ALWAYS dressed inappropriately for the weather. And if it's fancy we will see a lot of Dawn's black sequins top over the black sausage dress.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
She hasn't been wearing her professional glasses lately.

They've bought her two pair and she hasn't (apparently) liked them. Maybe just get her readers from the drug store.
Found her a pair.
1714073720863.png

Or better yet, just wear these and it will look like she just ate something new.
1714074061362.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ugh
I have felt the shift in the force lately. I sure as hell hope that they’re not here in Seattle to make a Alaska cruise. If they’re gonna come up here, they should hang out in Tacoma. It already smells bad.

Hopefully they can’t afford to come up here. They are probably desperate for money and for views seeing as how they uploaded an eight minute video of Dawn watching critters in her backyard.🙄

Last edited:
Tempting fate by vlogging in the national park without a permit.

This is why Will liked the good ol' days: no planning. He can just roll out of bed, randomly shoot video for a few minutes and call it a day. It's free and it's footage their senior citizen shut-ins will enjoy.

"One of the most warmest days we've had." "See how it was like." "The most beautifulest cabin..." The Burger School at work.

They went looking for wildflowers. So of course he forgot his wildflower book. Always prepared.

They don't bring cups or ponchos to Dollywood. They don't bring the wildflower book to The Great Smoky Mountain National Forest.

Even staying away for months, Will doesn't plan anything new. Just the same ol' crap he's always shown. YITS does more repeats than Adam the Woo.

Standing around, waving her arms, Dawn working her fingers to the bone.

Seriously, why risk filming new content in the National Park? Just show your old footage. It's exactly what we've seen before. Hell, for all we know, this could be old footage. Who could tell the difference?

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Has it been over a year now since YITS and CATS collaborated on a video. Was the last time the New Years Eve from 2022/2023? I know that both showed up to that restaurant opening the same day in Sevierville, but weren't together at the time.

Yes, Chris said they only saw them once after NYE 2023 and that would have been at the opening of The Pines.

• Haha
  • Heart