Words you can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This ones just me-a personal Caprice.
I still feel compelled to share and "spread it" though.
Up until around the age of 13 I pronounced and spelled the word "ALBUM" - "ALBLUM"
Naturally I was soon disabused of this notion and had the piss taken until I stopped doing it - Grudgingly.

However despite the passage of time I still think/feel that "ALBLUM" sounds/reads/scans better. "Bum" sounds abrupt in comparison to "Blum" which actually sounds more "melodic" to me in this context.

What to do?

1. The English language could apologise to me and everyone else and issue a Firmware update to reflect this.

2. Someone will read this post and start mixing up the words and thus spread the "BLUM" virus.
I'm a subscriber to the "Language as a virus" thing.

“Pre-warning”
A warning is already “pre” the act. You don’t need the pre part!!!
Also throwing in “but yet” for good measure. If you take away the word but, it means the same thing 🤬

Reactions: 5
What is it with americans saying "Addicting" instead of addictive?

I've just seen "this song is so addicting"

Reactions: 3
I seem to have a real problem with food related words, especially if they’re shortened, so things like chocs, pots, toms make me want to vomit. I also hate the word meal and I have no idea why!

There’s been a real increase in people around me saying script instead of prescription too and that makes me cringe myself inside out.

Also when Americans say I COULD care less. It doesn’t even make sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Literally… because people use it to mean figuratively.
Same, I can’t stand the overuse of the word literally. I’m literally round the corner, I’ve literally just got back etc
---
When people end a sentence with “to be fair”

Reactions: 1
When people put the word more when it isn't needed e,g I feel more calmer, I am a lot more cleverer! ugh.

People saying "hold the boat " at work as well and like many I loathe the word Moist

Reactions: 1