Words you can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is mainly a Valleys thing - bard as in ill.... you are NOT bleeping Shakespeare my friend... you are merely a little bit ill with a cold or idleitis.

My teenage kids are coming up with a plethora of 'words' at present - it irks me as they are both intelligent kids but this phase of miswording actually has me wishing them physical harm 🤪 🤣

Ate - You ate that - not eating but excelling at something?!?
Mewing - You're mewing - along with some weird jaw stroking thing - No bloody idea what this one means, even they can't articulate it to me. So its bollocks.
Slay - You're slaying - again, excelling at something

There are many others but I'll end up in a mini dad rage.

Reactions: 2
This is mainly a Valleys thing - bard as in ill.... you are NOT bleeping Shakespeare my friend... you are merely a little bit ill with a cold or idleitis.

My teenage kids are coming up with a plethora of 'words' at present - it irks me as they are both intelligent kids but this phase of miswording actually has me wishing them physical harm 🤪 🤣

Ate - You ate that - not eating but excelling at something?!?
Mewing - You're mewing - along with some weird jaw stroking thing - No bloody idea what this one means, even they can't articulate it to me. So its bollocks.
Slay - You're slaying - again, excelling at something

There are many others but I'll end up in a mini dad rage.
Mewing is a technique in which you keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth and it's meant to change shape of the jaw to make it more defined. Sounds like kids are using it as some kind of a meme without actually understanding where it came from though?

Reactions: 1
It’s not a word but I was in a restaurant the other day and there was a table of Americans. The waiter was taking their dessert order and this was their response;
“I’ll do the lemon cheesecake please”
“I’ll do the Irish coffee”

Seriously? You don’t “do” a dessert.
---
Also, drives me INSANE!! The new saying “it’s giving”. It’s giving what? It doesn’t make sense!! It’s giving Hollywood. It’s giving Barbie. Just add the word vibes at the end of it. It’s not hard.

Reactions: 2