Wordle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would you bother with words that don’t have the letters you’ve found already?!
Sometimes I might have ruled out E for example but canmot think of another word that will use other vowels and common letters. So I might use plate or maybe or another word containing the letter e even though I know e will be incorrect.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have ‘hard mode’ on? - ie any revealed hints must be used in subsequent guesses.

In some ways I think it’s a waste of a go to not use all hints, whereas sometimes it makes it easier to enter a word that you know is wrong (eg because you know a certain letter isn’t in the word) as it gives additional hints.
I occasionally ‘waste’ a hint if I’m really stuck and want to just eliminate some more letters and that means using one I know isn’t there

Reactions: 4
Tried this for the first time today and got it in 4. Fun! Definitely will be doing it every day.

Do words ever have the same letter twice in? How will you know to use it again?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Tried this for the first time today and got it in 4. Fun! Definitely will be doing it every day.

Do words ever have the same letter twice in? How will you know to use it again?
They do double up on letters. Unfortunately there is no way of identifying them

I start off with 'bread' then 'foist' as that covers 4 of the 5 vowels and also gets an r, t and s tested out.

Reactions: 2
I start off with 'bread' then 'foist' as that covers 4 of the 5 vowels and also gets an r, t and s tested out.
Start with' adieu' then follow it up with 'colts' and you've got all the vowels and the most popular consonants out of the way.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Only started playing this yesterday and I can already tell I’m addicted 😂

Wordle 220 4/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟩
🟨⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 221 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Think I could have done it in three if I'd thought about it more 🤔

Wordle 221 5/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
This grid gives me Tetris feels.

Last edited:
Wordle 221 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

i had to really search my brain for it as was struggling with where the 2nd letter could go after my 5th guess 😂

Wordle 221 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

On a winning streak of 15 here 😁

Wordle 221 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Start with' adieu' then follow it up with 'colts' and you've got all the vowels and the most popular consonants out of the way.
I do “ideal” then “shout” lol (if the first returns nothing)

I am getting worse instead of better

Wordle 221 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 221 5/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I didn’t think I was going to get it 🤣

Wordle 221 3/6

⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lucky start today.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.