Women’s Football

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been really enjoying the Women’s Euros & the Lionesses. Mead, Williamson, White, Bright, and Russo have all been outstanding. For once, I don’t think Bronze has been quite earning her money.

In the Germany v Austria match Popp’s goal was great.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been really enjoying the Women’s Euros & the Lionesses. Mead, Williamson, White, Bright, and Russo have all been outstanding. For once, I don’t think Bronze has been quite earning her money.

In the Germany v Austria match Popp’s goal was great.
I love Popp! I’m glad she finally got her Euro goal(s) & White is so so good!

Nice to see an England team with a bit of swagger - even if they were very lucky to get past Spain. Once they got their noses in front the result was never really in doubt.

I’m glad to see this thread though because I’ve nowhere else to say it - how on Earth is Kirby still in the starting XI ? She has been absolutely anonymous all tournament, but still gets glowing write-ups. Watch the first half tonight - her teammates barely passed to her, when she got rebounds she invariably muffed it, and her biggest contribution was a sliding tackle in her own box. All those mentioned above, plus Walsh, have been absolutely killing it, mind.

Someone I know her works letting them come in late tomorrow so they can all watch and enjoy the game. It’s not even a late game 😂

It was amazing!!

congratulations to the Lionesses! Very excited to see what follows. Mary Earps did so well.

Feel bad for Jordan Nobbs and Steph Houghton having missed out.

Reactions: 4
alex scott is the only person i can not stand
her pronounciation is like hearing nails on a chalkboard
she gave an excuse that it is her working class upbringing
i am sorry but it is just laziness
class or upbringing has nothing to do with it
i am so sick of her saying `runnin` `rowin` `tryin` she purposely misses out the last letters to try and be cool, hip so we can all embrace this whole `innit innit` ghetto language as the new way of speaking
Don’t know if you watched the mens community shield but Karen Carney commentated for the game and it was not good

Last edited:
alex scott is the only person i can not stand
her pronounciation is like hearing nails on a chalkboard
she gave an excuse that it is her working class upbringing
i am sorry but it is just laziness
class or upbringing has nothing to do with it
i am so sick of her saying `runnin` `rowin` `tryin` she purposely misses out the last letters to try and be cool, hip so we can all embrace this whole `innit innit` ghetto language as the new way of speaking
I’m not sure someone who is completely unable to use capital letters nor punctuation signs should really be gettin’ (!) on their high horse about someone else’s communication.

That said, I do agree that it’s off-putting and difficult to take seriously the opinions of people who can’t speak reasonably, no matter how knowledgeable they might be on the topic. That is doubtless my prejudice, but so be it.

I dunno, she sounds like plenty of other working-class East London people, to me anyway. And not unlike plenty of other footballers (or indeed the strong regional accents of the commentator, but northern). Certainly a generation ago she’d have been expected to suppress her accent (Moira Stewart etc), but then a generation ago she probably wouldn’t have had a chance of a TV career at all. Glad that’s not the case now!

I find Fara a bit difficult to understand sometimes but that’s the speed at which she talks!!

My big question is how does Leah Williamson always look so pristine, even after the match….

Reactions: 2