Wolfnsunflowers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s such a red flag. My kids have a combined age of 30+ nobody has ever commented on my parenting on or off line (except them… eg I am the only mum who asks for the phone numbers of their friends’ mums, everyone else is allowed out later etc)

Years ago I was in a difficult meeting with a parent whose kid was school refusing and she said I didn’t understand because I didn’t have children of my own so I did a big reveal about having two. I’ve always mentioned them since as it does give credibility with parents, but it’s not a qualification on its own.

Reactions: 2
When my siblings' and friends' children were really little, I used to take them for days out and return them usually in good form, hehe, and do *exactly* the type of self affirmation stories Bex does, sort of humble bragging great conversations, exaggerating excellent interactions, how amazing i was crossing the road safely and with such aplomb. This is how I see that's what she's doing. Eventually one of my friends pulled me aside with words to the effect, yeah we know the kids are okay with you, that's why they're with you. You don't need to provide a running commentary about your whole bleeping day and the hyperbolic amazing fairytale that apparently no one else could possibly do with them. Just return them alive and well watered.

Of course, she didn’t use those words, and she knew I cared a lot about these good days, but I heard her, and I grew out of it.

Optimistically, this is what Bexiepops will do.

I doubt it haha

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She is utterly shameless. Begging for her kids presents, crying that she is broke and depressed and people bully her for being a bad parent, then this (we can just imagine what the replies mean) - all in about 24 hours.

apparently, a friend asked what she wanted for xmas, she said a tattoo, so it seems the friend has paid for a new tattoo for her xmas present

she did tell the friend about kiddo's wishlist first though, so it's ok

• Wow
Reactions: 1
So the special gifting puddle is handing out tattoos now Kachoochoo? As well as “kiddos” presents? Guess I need to start browsing property in her neck of the woods (can’t afford Southend prices because I don’t have a millionaire family or a media career, Patreon and 6/7 bestsellers under my belt!)

Reactions: 4
I’ve found the obsession with bragging about her parenting skills weird for ages actually. She has one 6 year old, why does she think she is such an expert! I’ve got 3 kids one is nearly 18 (the youngest is 2 what the hell was I thinking, I was nearly free and decided to start again 😀) I’ve been at this for years and would never try and brag about my parenting. If I had to label my parenting style though I guess I would call it ‘just the right side of give a duck😆.

Somehow the three of them are happy and healthy, doing well at school that kind of thing. But sometimes it’s just luck, you just get dealt a good hand, it’s not necessarily ‘skills’ on my part.

I’ve never had the ‘sharpies are a gateway drug’ chat with my kids so obviously there is a good chance that one of them will end up a crack addict.

I didn’t mean to ramble actually lol. My point was supposed to be, I’ve managed all these years of parenting without being reported to SS. I thought that was pretty standard? So multiple reports to SS must mean there is something that is a red flag about the child. Or all these reports are completely made up and malicious but in that case I would probably stop associating with arseholes, maybe I would do a bit of self reflection and consider that if soo many people have a problem with me, maybe I’m a massive bleep 😂😂

Reactions: 6
apparently, a friend asked what she wanted for xmas, she said a tattoo, so it seems the friend has paid for a new tattoo for her xmas present

she did tell the friend about kiddo's wishlist first though, so it's ok
Tattoos are important to Bec because of the dopamine high - her words!

What a shocker

Tattoos are important to Bec because of the dopamine high - her words!

What a shocker
Oh - I thought it was because it stopped her self harming and we were awful witch bullies for not considering her feelings!

i wasn't going to post screenshots while she's locked, but duck it, this is a tiny thread in the grand scheme of things and it's hard to describe what's going on

i couldn't tell what tattos were new until I looked back at the pic of her fresh nails a couple of weeks ago

today

20221129_221528.jpg

10 days ago

Screenshot_20221129-221615_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
This is Bex at the border between having nice things and greedy little goblin

seesaws-at-the-border.jpg

• Haha
Part of my job is safeguarding. It takes a *lot* to get reported to social services multiple times. I’m struggling to think of real life cases (obv plenty on tattle…)

Reactions: 3
Part of my job is safeguarding. It takes a *lot* to get reported to social services multiple times. I’m struggling to think of real life cases (obv plenty on tattle…)
This is what I thought. In fact I know tonnes of parents and none of them as far as I know have had any SS intervention. I know it’s a cliche but ‘no smoke without fire?’

Reactions: 3
Honest to actual god, I would be absolutely
mortified if I was begging one day, running to the press saying I can’t afford heating, going “viral” for telling my kid I had run out of money in Aldi so loudly that a stranger intervened to buy his cereal (if it actually happened? Insert three triangular dots!) …
And then showing this off to the followers I regularly beg off?

I agree with you all about the social services thing and it ties in to her self delusion that her “parenting” is just the absolute best. There seems to be an element of chaos around her parenting that would invite speculation sadly - for good or ill. She often blames either “kiddos” or her own disabilities for their failings. And she clearly thinks she doesn’t have to listen to anything that is contrary to her way of doing things because she has got some high marks on “uni” work that is so basic you don’t need qualifications or prior experience/Knowledge to study.

Anyway - chaps that have access to the fabled Bex Kitchen - any news on a book forthcoming? You know, the one that was almost finished before the fundraiser - which was only needed for a photo shoot (that went badly) and an audio version to be recorded? It’s why we are here, after all. Any updates to backers of late? (We had at least one here) or any news on the complaints made about it that were mentioned here? Or has she gone full blown Roadside Mum and decided she doesn’t need to bother with such things as working/producing what people have paid for?

Reactions: 8
Honest to actual god, I would be absolutely
mortified if I was begging one day, running to the press saying I can’t afford heating, going “viral” for telling my kid I had run out of money in Aldi so loudly that a stranger intervened to buy his cereal (if it actually happened? Insert three triangular dots!) …
And then showing this off to the followers I regularly beg off?

I agree with you all about the social services thing and it ties in to her self delusion that her “parenting” is just the absolute best. There seems to be an element of chaos around her parenting that would invite speculation sadly - for good or ill. She often blames either “kiddos” or her own disabilities for their failings. And she clearly thinks she doesn’t have to listen to anything that is contrary to her way of doing things because she has got some high marks on “uni” work that is so basic you don’t need qualifications or prior experience/Knowledge to study.

Anyway - chaps that have access to the fabled Bex Kitchen - any news on a book forthcoming? You know, the one that was almost finished before the fundraiser - which was only needed for a photo shoot (that went badly) and an audio version to be recorded? It’s why we are here, after all. Any updates to backers of late? (We had at least one here) or any news on the complaints made about it that were mentioned here? Or has she gone full blown Roadside Mum and decided she doesn’t need to bother with such things as working/producing what people have paid for?

Book wise- 4 days a go there were lots of mentions of retaking photos of the recipes. Mention of the failed photo shoot too. Did we ever get told why it was so bad?

It’s ‘kiddos’ 🤢🤮🤑 birthday in a few weeks though so I should imagine that will be hearing about that for a while now. Plus with it being December there of course will be ‘elf on the shelf’ and £50 advent calendars tweeted to distract us from the book

Oh and I just went back a bit further and about 10 days ago Bex battles through a cold to do some work on the book, and she also shared a screenshot of a fake note she wrote to herself about the book, it was convincing

Attachments

Last edited:
Just popping on to say that if anyone on the thread would like an actual cookbook that keeps disabled and beginner cooks in mind - please check Cook As You Are by Ruby Tandoh. She omitted using glossy photos to keep costs down and her recipes are categorised to help with choosing a meal your energy levels can realistically produce. There’s a 20 min gnocchi in chilli oil that I’m reliably informed is amazing.

Ruby includes descriptions of all senses to help those with sensory impairments (saying “til the onions brown” is useless if the user has limited vision). Instead of RECORDING an audiobook (unnecessary expense), she made sure the ebook version was fully compatible with screen readers. Her book includes lots of advice for substitutions if you have any dietary restrictions or want to make a recipe dairy/gluten free etc. Great if you have any kind of medical condition or allergy. She also released an easy read version that was spiral bound - it had large text and clear photos of 10 recipes aimed at people with learning disabilities. Finally, she donated a ton of the books to charity.

That is how you produce an accessible cookbook imo. Not a regurgitation of how basil goes well with tomato and the ingredients of an El Paso seasoning mix😄😄😄

ETA - I’m sure bex will say she can’t possibly do all this blah blah blah but if making a book for ND and beginner cooks is her USP… she should at least try?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.