Wolfnsunflowers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually think that good pic looks half decent in a home made sort of way. Million times better than anything Jack has ever slopped together.

Reactions: 3
Actually think that good pic looks half decent in a home made sort of way. Million times better than anything Jack has ever slopped together.
Be that as it may (and I am inclined to agree - mainly because it’s not uniformly brown or grey and the pitta looks like it requires a few teeth) it’s still not a recipe book, my lovely. Just an old snap on her camera roll.

Reactions: 1
I'm not au fait with dating apps, but I thought bumble was more of a *dating* app than a hook up app, but I thought she doesn't date??

Screenshot_20221116-232705_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Why do "they" always refer to falling for people after 2 days on a dating app?

Disclaimer: I am 345 years old LOL and love shambling wild flings with people I meet randomly

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hello all.

I hope you do not mind me joining this thread. I am an individual who backed the project “Hearty: A Recipe Book” by Bex Kitchen, and after Googling her name I came across this thread.

I and several others backed this project with the expectation that it be delivered in Spring 2022, or soon after. To say we have been let down is an understatement. This creator has let several months go by, several times, with no updates.

After reading this thread to gather more information I am shocked to say the least. This creator appears not to be in employment, yet spends their free time doing leisurely activities while ignoring her project.

Several of us are frequent backers, and so are in contact via group chat. Despite one member of this group reaching out, Bex has failed to sufficiently update us and several of the group members cancelled their pledge.

Hundreds of us donated in order to allow this creator to reach a sum total of £6,260 and yet we have been ignored and let down. We feel we have no other option than to consult a lawyer for advice on what the next steps are. As evidenced in this thread the creator is not being completely honest with those of us who backed her project, and seems to have essentially breached the contract she entered with her backers. We cannot sue Kickstarter, but we may be able to sue the creator directly if she does not cancel her project and refund all of the backers who have not yet cancelled their pledges.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I shall update in due course.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Careful - by holding these people to account, you are risking a fugue state/mental health crisis/ME episode etc etc. Heaven forbid that these people who promise to exchange goods or services for financial compensation actually hold their hands up. Counting down to a couple of camera roll snaps of slop and a pic of her laptop displaying a recipe in 5…4…3…

PS - I donate to charity Bex. Just not ones that lend credence to scammers and scroungers.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Hello all.

I hope you do not mind me joining this thread. I am an individual who backed the project “Hearty: A Recipe Book” by Bex Kitchen, and after Googling her name I came across this thread.
As I am sure you understand, the nature of this anonymous forum means sometimes people can come on here and say things like this for clout or just to get a reaction. Could you verify your position as a backer perhaps by sharing a screenshot of one of her KS locked posts?

Reactions: 6
Hello all.

I and several others backed this project with the expectation that it be delivered in Spring 2022, or soon after. To say we have been let down is an understatement. This creator has let several months go by, several times, with no updates.

After reading this thread to gather more information I am shocked to say the least. This creator appears not to be in employment, yet spends their free time doing leisurely activities while ignoring her project.

Several of us are frequent backers, and so are in contact via group chat. Despite one member of this group reaching out, Bex has failed to sufficiently update us and several of the group members cancelled their pledge.

Hundreds of us donated in order to allow this creator to reach a sum total of £6,260 and yet we have been ignored and let down. We feel we have no other option than to consult a lawyer for advice on what the next steps are. As evidenced in this thread the creator is not being completely honest with those of us who backed her project, and seems to have essentially breached the contract she entered with her backers. We cannot sue Kickstarter, but we may be able to sue the creator directly if she does not cancel her project and refund all of the backers who have not yet cancelled their pledges.

Did you see she tweeted yesterday that she’s ‘basically’ finished chapter ONE of her book? You honestly have to laugh. Being generous, she’s literally half a year overdue for finishing it and has ‘basically’ finished one chapter. One of SEVEN.

CDD1CB7A-4048-44B8-9B17-B4CEE8955280.jpeg

• Wow
Damn she really is constantly refreshing this thread 😂 never seen someone respond so quickly & so obviously to a Tattle thread hahaha
CD3394CD-9F04-444E-8859-7190668023F1.jpeg

Damn she really is constantly refreshing this thread 😂 never seen someone respond so quickly & so obviously to a Tattle thread hahaha
View attachment 1738266
Put the ‘kiddo’ in school, they will be better off.
Just do one qualification at a time.
Get a real job.
Maybe cut down on the social life if you are skint. I’m not struggling financially thankfully and I don’t have half the nights out and expenses.

View attachment 1738266

I mean, apart from the parenting aspect, they are all choices she's made. no one's forcing her to do all that

and as much as I'm loath to say, "get a job", she really could. many employers have accommodations for parents and disability

but then, that wouldn't bring in as much money as living online does, would it?

Reactions: 5
Hello all.

Thanks for the really interesting info. It must be really frustrating for you to see that Bex is constantly taking on more commitments (i.e college courses, potential volunteering jobs) whilst she still has her book to finish!

I remember seeing the original kickstarter ad, although it was a year ago now so can’t really remember the detail, but I remember it felt like the book was a collection of recipes from a novice cook who enjoys food and had cooked all these dishes plenty of times before because they were her family favourites. The spring 2022 deadline didn’t seem completely unrealistic because it felt like the work to be done was formatting, photographing, maybe getting some family and friends to test the recipes etc.

Was completely shocked to see the tweet the other day saying she had ‘almost’ finished chapter one! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Another set of tweets directly replying to tattle comments! Hilarious. Explaining to us idiots here about how hard it is to write I book.

I’ve attached tweets. But if you compare to the updates on the kickstarter something doesn’t add up. In a nutshell excuses this far on kickstarter are….
March 2022. - had tonsillitis and covid, couldn’t taste anything so could cook, but spent the time writing up all the recipes that had already been triple tested.
May 2022 - busy life/parenting/working/mental health etc to blame but have now outsourced to graphic designer for formatting just need photos - book could in fact be published right now but not of good enough quality
August 2022 - it’s too hot to test the recipes most days
Todays tweets - it’s now too dark to take photos as it’s winter

Many of these things are very valid reasons, I’m just pointing out that some of the updates may have been a little misleading in terms of what was still to be done on the book!

Wouldn’t have even looked if she didn’t keep trolling us on twitter. Another tweet today was about her getting an interview for a volunteer job just after I mentioned it here. You are not getting one over on us Bex. We are just a bunch of tattlers, having a chat about things (remember when you were one of us too?), you have £6k of other peoples money and need to finish a book!

I’m guessing Bex is waiting for the next summer which has good light for photos, but is not hot, whilst she isn’t ill, hasn’t taken on a load more jobs/volunteering/useless qualifications to study, and ‘kiddo’ is over 18 so she doesn’t have to home educate. So I’m guessing Autumn 2034 is a realistic timeframe?

It's killing me. Please can we know?
I thought it was against the rules of tattle to highlight/accuse other tattlers of things like that? I would have said otherwise I’m not trying to be mysterious and interesting 😂😂.

I thought @Wooh knew which one it was though aswell

Attachments

Reactions: 1
It was really obvious at the time but I can’t remember the name now (and wouldn’t cause a chaos by finger pointing). I’d suggest trying a search for “minor grifter” which might get you in the right area.

It was really obvious at the time but I can’t remember the name now (and wouldn’t cause a chaos by finger pointing). I’d suggest trying a search for “minor grifter” which might get you in the right area.
She treasures her “Anon”yminity too - but her real personality creeps out regardless. And once seen, cannot be unseen. A re-read of RSM threads 2/3 and she jumps out at you like one of those 3D magic eye images that were all the rage in the 90s.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.