William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I traced a great × 4 grandmother of mine to Somerset. So east of Wales. My DNA showed me to be almost entirely Irish apart from a small amount of Welsh. My guess is the two things are linked, the Welsh was in fact my English West Country ancestry.
Maybe you had a Welsh ancestor living in the West of England. I am Welsh with Irish and Scottish ancestry but with Balkan ancestry as well which really surprised me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Personally I’d argue they are British, not simply English… They have British passports, not English ones. They are British citizens not English citizens. I know that some people feel more English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish than they do “British” (and that’s totally valid) but I’d be surprised if the “British” Royal Family feel they’re English over British considering how much time they spend in Scotland… Being English, Scottish etc over British is a personal feeling. Most people born in England feel British over being English. In the other countries that’s reversed. But bluntly, at the end of the day, they are British Citizens, and the UK is one nation. Maybe one day there will be independence and then the conversation will be different.

Also, they might have ancestors who weren’t born in the UK, but they were all born in the UK (apart from Lilibet) so they’re British/English whatever you want to say.

If he doesn't believe in God, then why should he go to church? Maybe he's not a hypocrite.

If he doesn't believe in God, then why should he go to church? Maybe he's not a hypocrite.
Because in the succession plan it’s his job to be the head of it next, there’s lots of meetings I don’t want to go to or things I don’t want to do in my job too

Reactions: 7
When his father passes away he’ll be the head of the Church of England.
He’s baptised and confirmed, as are his children, he got married in church and his coronation and eventual funeral will be in church. There’s no reason he can’t spend an hour on a Sunday in church and should definitely be going at Easter. 🐣

Reactions: 8
There was no birthday photo of P Luis today. I have a horrible feeling that K and Will are sulky because of the backlash after the mothers day pic.

Maybe he will break from the church when he's king? Britain is now so multi faith or no faith that I'm wondering how many would care.

Reactions: 1
Because in the succession plan it’s his job to be the head of it next, there’s lots of meetings I don’t want to go to or things I don’t want to do in my job too
Same here I do what I have to do I can't pick and choose.

Maybe he will break from the church when he's king? Britain is now so multi faith or no faith that I'm wondering how many would care.
It’s not as easy as that, though. It’s the big part of the Coronation oath and tied up with why they are actually there. There was enough gasping when all Charles wanted to do was put an ‘s’ on ’faith’.

Reactions: 7
It’s a pretty big deal, not that easy to just break from the church.
---
Same here I do what I have to do I can't pick and choose.
Exactly, prince william behaves in a rather entitled and indulged manner. He could have definitely put in an appearance at church at Easter.
---
This is true, sometimes we have to do things we don’t want to (or look for a new job!).

Reactions: 3
It’s a pretty big deal, not that easy to just break from the church.
---

Exactly, prince william behaves in a rather entitled and indulged manner. He could have definitely put in an appearance at church at Easter.
I know, right?!?! It would trigger a huge constitutional crisis and would have A LOT of people questioning the monarchy as a whole. So funny to see people tying themselves into knots to once again excuse William.

There was no birthday photo of P Luis today. I have a horrible feeling that K and Will are sulky because of the backlash after the mothers day pic.
Yes that was my thought. They probably thought because of all the conspiracy theories that was put about we don't deserve a pic 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I now have a disturbing mental image of William singing 'I broke England from the Church, yeah I'm that sexy''

Enough internet for me for today.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He is such a cutie patootie.

I think it is telling they refused to release to media but instead on social media only. William's pettiness at getting called out, I assume.

Reactions: 4