William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know, right?!?! It would trigger a huge constitutional crisis and would have A LOT of people questioning the monarchy as a whole. So funny to see people tying themselves into knots to once again excuse William.
I am shocked at how so many think Kate and William are worthwhile and to be praised. I was just chatting with some people I've known for a while, who seem pretty sensible and they were totally amazed by me saying I thought they should do more, that they had form for being lazy and avoiding the more boring parts of their job.

They thought that Kate going after William was just what many women at the time did and that she didn't work so much because she wanted to be a good mother to her children! Their royal appointments only last for a few hours about once a week so that hardly interferes with parenting and is a lot less work than most people have to do, whilst being good parents. It really beggars belief that people just swallow the PR and fail to see what is in front of their noses.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Why are the Daily Mail obsessed with comparing Louis to William?
He's a young Micky Middles🤣

Reactions: 8
I am shocked at how so many think Kate and William are worthwhile and to be praised. I was just chatting with some people I've known for a while, who seem pretty sensible and they were totally amazed by me saying I thought they should do more, that they had form for being lazy and avoiding the more boring parts of their job.

They thought that Kate going after William was just what many women at the time did and that she didn't work so much because she wanted to be a good mother to her children! Their royal appointments only last for a few hours about once a week so that hardly interferes with parenting and is a lot less work than most people have to do, whilst being good parents. It really beggars belief that people just swallow the PR and fail to see what is in front of their noses.
My relatives in the UK - both the English and the Scots! - feel the same. It's mind boggling. Here are intelligent, educated people and they ADORE William and Kate. I genuinely don't get it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know, right?!?! It would trigger a huge constitutional crisis and would have A LOT of people questioning the monarchy as a whole. So funny to see people tying themselves into knots to once again excuse William.
Assume that's not directed at me? I'm not defending William at all. Just think it's weird that many people on here want the Monarchy abolished, but get their pearls clutched if someone suggests the William could split from the church. I can't see him wanting the massive elaborate Coronation either. Times they are a changing I'm afraid.

Reactions: 2
Assume that's not directed at me? I'm not defending William at all. Just think it's weird that many people on here want the Monarchy abolished, but get their pearls clutched if someone suggests the William could split from the church. I can't see him wanting the massive elaborate Coronation either. Times they are a changing I'm afraid.
I agree. William’s contribution to his father’s coronation was arbitrary at best. He couldn’t even have learnt a few lines by rote and made them even at least sound sincere?

Could his coronation be more modern? Can centuries old sacred ceremonies be modified?

I would be surprised if William has a Coronation just from his clear contempt for ceremony and tradition, basically things he doesn't like/doesn't want to do.

I would be surprised if William has a Coronation just from his clear contempt for ceremony and tradition, basically things he doesn't like/doesn't want to do.
I wonder if Diana 's view if the royals in later life has influenced William, she really had a very negative opinion of them after being married to Charles and all the bitterness involved including very public interviews. Has her opinion rubbed off on him more than we think?

It’s not aimed at anyone in particular just the way conversations keep being trivialised like it would be an easy thing for him to decide to split from the church just to excuse his laziness and inability to engage in the requirements of the top job. As I said in my post, he can’t *just* decide to step away from the church. It would be the biggest crisis to hit the monarchy in decades if not more.

Reactions: 4
It’s not aimed at anyone in particular just the way conversations keep being trivialised like it would be an easy thing for him to decide to split from the church just to excuse his laziness and inability to engage in the requirements of the top job. As I said in my post, he can’t *just* decide to step away from the church. It would be the biggest crisis to hit the monarchy in decades if not more.

Indeed……maybe he could make a new “church” that suits his current thinking a la Henry VIII. (I’m being facetious).

I agree. He’s not going to walk away from the church. Main reason being he seems to enjoy the easy life and by doing thay he certainly wouldn’t get one!

Reactions: 5
Someone said earlier on this thread or on a previous thread William and harry are stuck at 15 and 12 respectively, the age they were when Diana died and that resonated strongly. People are naturally sympathetic they lost their mother young and cut them a lot of slack because of it.
Agree William enjoys an easy life and won’t jeopardise it by doing anything silly like splitting with the church. It’s a shame as it might be interesting to see that play out.

Reactions: 3
Indeed……maybe he could make a new “church” that suits his current thinking a la Henry VIII. (I’m being facetious).
Henry v111 had 3 wives called Katherine, 1st one he divorced he beheaded the second and the 3rd outlived him.

• Haha
William visiting a school today when the kids sent a letter asking him to come was quite sweet.

Reactions: 7
William visiting a school today when the kids sent a letter asking him to come was quite sweet.
yes, stuff like this is good for him. Did laugh at all the barriers put up outside for crowd control and there was no one there, but they won’t get people because they keep it all secret and last minute.

Reactions: 4
It doesn't have to be an obvious split. Just not seen on the repetitive church walk ups etc. I just sense he's not fussed. I don't think he is fussed about a lot of the pomp. He looks quite embarrassed at times when he's in Garter robes for example.

It could be more of just loosening ties situation. Much like thousands of other families have around the UK.

Reactions: 1