William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean the way their PR handled this was a mess

I understand why they may have wanted to specify she had surgery if it was discovered it was cancer in the future - wouldn’t be so much of a shock to the public. However, we are used to the RF being a bit secretive and private about these things and that’s okay. There’s plenty of ways they could have handled this in general

Everyone here is to blame really, that’s hardly a shock
Which bit was the mess? The photoshopped picture of a woman who it turns out has cancer is hardly enough to justify the outroar it caused. The rest was the truth though.

People will do everything except take a bit of accountability for the fact they got whipped up and behaved inapproriately.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
People will do everything except take a bit of accountability for the fact they got whipped up and behaved inapproriately.
I think you’ll find that generally for a lot of people it was just good memes and time spent gossiping, not something serious

Which bit was the mess? The photoshopped picture of a woman who it turns out has cancer is hardly enough to justify the outroar it caused
Everything was a mes.

The photoshopped picture was also a hit to the RF’s reputation and she got blamed for it too by the institution 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Just funny how everyone’s sucking up to her when yesterday they were making memes about her that’s all… I don’t stand for two faced people
You also don't read source material of statements before posting your uninformed opinion, not really a good base line....

Reactions: 10
Diana was known as Diana princess of wales and not Diana Spencer. It’s strange that the press change the name for Kate all the time.
To the tabloids, Diana was Lady Di and then eventually Princess Di (which was incorrect on so many levels) but they are mainly concerned with what they can get in big type for a tabloid headline.

Reactions: 14
See nothing has changed on this thread!

A mother has been diagnosed with cancer and wants to protect her 3 young children and keep her medical history private BUT because she’s a member of the Royal family it has to aired in public. It’s a cruel world we live in

• Heart
Reactions: 98

I understand why they may have wanted to specify she had surgery if it was discovered it was cancer in the future - wouldn’t be so much of a shock to the public. However, we are used to the RF being a bit secretive and private about these things and that’s okay. There’s plenty of ways they could have handled this in general

They didn’t think it was cancer to begin with and found out afterwards, so their initial announcement was right. The media both social and traditional turned it into more than it needed to be. Yes there was a slightly dodgy picture but so what? Conspiracies went from face lift all the way to murder, William having an affair, Rose and her family being harassed so much they had to release a statement. It was bonkers.

the least that these influencers could do is admit that they took it too far and encouraged vitriol. PR for the palace is shocking but the media have been dreadful.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
i’m skeptical. the whole thing absolutely stinks, where is will? an announcement of that magnitude and she’s sat there alone but wearing diana’s ring?
Let’s not forget how when Meghan said she was suicidal the british press did not apologise or pull back & when she had a miscarriage all the crazy pasty decrepit hags (royalists) accused her of faking it.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Just funny how everyone’s sucking up to her when yesterday they were making memes about her that’s all… I don’t stand for two faced people
There's a difference between being two faced and having empathy once armed with further information. Most humans will empathise, thankfully not everyone is as cold hearted as you seem to be

Reactions: 31
i’m skeptical. the whole thing absolutely stinks, where is will? an announcement of that magnitude and she’s sat there alone but wearing diana’s ring?
Let’s not forget how when Meghan said she was suicidal the british press did not apologise or pull back & when she had a miscarriage all the crazy pasty decrepit hags (royalists) accused her of faking it.
If William had been in the video with her, you lot would have suggested she'd been forced on camera to try and save speculation about their marriage.

Meghan says that when she was suicidal nobody bothered to check in, where this is the complete opposite end of that spectrum.

Reactions: 36

Not everyone has the crystal ball you have- and in hindsight if they knew this was going to be the outcome maybe things would have been said differently/ My dad had bowel surgery - assured by the surgeon all was ok- at his 6 week post op check up the big bomb of tit was dropped… This obviously was not the news they were expecting- What was Catherine to do when she found out? Ring the Daily mail straight away? ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 30
why would William be there? It’s her announcement. It hasn’t been Diana’s ring for nearly 30 years, it’s Kate’s engagement ring, is she not supposed to wear it?

why would the press apologise? They don’t unless legally obliged to, they’re not going to start now.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
This has really upset me, having had members of my family succumb to this awful disease it really hits home how cancer is non discriminative, it does not distinguish between class, age, or creed. It's truly awful and I really hope she gets through it. Very sad Xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Diana was known as Diana princess of wales and not Diana Spencer. It’s strange that the press change the name for Kate all the time.
Diana didn't live in the internet age. Online news sites are driven by clicks and views. Headlines will reflect what will get them the most views. If people are searching for Kate Middleton more than they are princess of Wales, or Catherine, then they will use 'Kate middleton' in the headlines. It has the benefit of also of getting loads of people commenting on the fact they are using her old name, therefore driving engagement upwards

With respect, what has Meghan Markle got to do with this? She’s irrelevant.
Diana’s ring is her engagement ring. Why shouldn’t she wear it?
I’ve no love for Prince William but perhaps Kate wanted to share the news herself. I imagine had William been sat next to her, people would have been analysing his body language, his behaviour when that’s not what the video was about. People wanted Kate to do a video, she did one.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Yes there was a slightly dodgy picture but so what? Conspiracies went from face lift all the way to murder, William having an affair, Rose and her family being harassed so much they had to release a statement. It was bonkers.
A) that picture as more than slightly dodgy. It has also called into question other pictures

B) variations of those conspiracies have existed for yearsssss, it’s nothing new

People seem to think that every person who discussed this here actually genuinely believed or cared about these things

Not everyone has the crystal ball you have- and in hindsight if they knew this was going to be the outcome maybe things would have been said differently/ My dad had bowel surgery - assured by the surgeon all was ok- at his 6 week post op check up the big bomb of tit was dropped… This obviously was not the news they were expecting- What was Catherine to do when she found out? Ring the Daily mail straight away? ffs
clearly missed the point where I stated that they likely did this so if it is cancer and they have to announce for some reason - going through chemo likely means she will be out of the game for a longer time or there will be noticeable changes in her appearance so it’s not something they could hide forever even if they tried (and it’s fine if they did, the RF are not known for their transparency) - it won’t be a shock to the public

It makes sense but that doesn’t change that their PR handled this well

Reactions: 7
She hasn’t got cancer ffs. She’s undergoing preventative treatment. She also looks wildly different in the farm shop video taken just a few days ago.
What are you talking about? She does have cancer. We don’t know anything about staging and I don’t want to but if she was back to normal now, none of us would be discussing this.

Reactions: 32
Solely an opinion-

The news of Princess Catherine - awful , awful in every way.
however the be kind brigade come on ….. comeeee on! All this the world we live in now yadadada the world is the world the royals are not going to scale social media oh look dawn from Devon and Bev from Essex because of them and because of allll these influencers etc they’ve all got my back and more ! If you can’t just in general find some thing or not laugh at cancer but laugh at all the different conspiracies then I’m sorry but how sad to you get so easily offended

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.