William and Kate #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
None of the other tabloids have even mentioned the video today, so it looks like they’re reserving judgment. As far as I know only itv news mentioned it and Chris Ship reserved judgement too. I didn’t bother to watch bbc or sky news in case anyone saw them. Right now I couldn’t give a tit anymore if it is her 🤣 they just seem so fake now. No wonder photo agencies don’t trust them anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
William’s temper was talked about well before ‘Spare’. As was / is his laziness. If I had to choose, I prefer Harry, if only because he’s courageous enough to get his children out of the toxic royal family situation. It’s the courtiers and staff who are the most toxic, pitting one member against another.

But, I actually think the time has come for the monarchy to fizzle out in the UK. They want their privacy? That can certainly be arranged. I am sure they will survive without all the funding from the tax payer since they are independently rich. They can’t have it both ways.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
William’s temper was talked about well before ‘Spare’. As was / is his laziness. If I had to choose, I prefer Harry, if only because he’s courageous enough to get his children out of the toxic royal family situation. It’s the courtiers and staff who are the most toxic, pitting one member against another.

But, I actually think the time has come for the monarchy to fizzle out in the UK. They want their privacy? That can certainly be arranged. I am sure they will survive without all the funding from the tax payer since they are independently rich. They can’t have it both ways.
I think in spare probably a lot of the things happened to a degree but there was an element of ‘recollections may vary’ in terms of perceptions. Harry was quite happy for the press when they were in his favour and potentially covered up things. But then he got thrown under the bus allegedly and then it is the worst thing ever.
I actually think the royals could probably get on fine without public funding now as they are so wealthy, however security could be a risk so perhaps that could be an issue.

Reactions: 10

Well said 👏🏼
I echo your sentiments as I am sure many millions also do!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Harry left the 'toxic environment' because Meghan didn't get what she wanted: selling themselves in Hollywood as royals, marketing themselves, which now she does through her stupid influenster brand.

It's been well known William's got a temper. It always seemed to me they played it off like it's a joke, ha ha, they fought a lot, he yells a lot, it's so funny.

Reactions: 17
Harry feels like the more toxic one these days to me.

He's spending his time (and money) on all this legal action. Feels like a rich, bored person with an axe to grind and little going on to fill his time. I doubt it'll lead anywhere positive for him.

William and Kate probably have a far better support system around them (although not by a long shot perfect). Many people Harry used to have for support are no longer around him and his main support seems to be a wife that a) probably wouldn't be interested in him if he wasn't royal b) seems a typical social climber and c) could dump him at any point and twist the knife in if he no longer served a purpose.

Harry has been left to say lots of stuff that could come back to bite him while airing dirty laundry for cash. He can't have anyone good around him giving advice that's in his best interest. Could have easily made cash (on top of his already $20+ million fortune) without severing so many ties.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

He's spending his time (and money) on all this legal action. Feels like a rich, bored person with an axe to grind and little going on to fill his time. I doubt it'll lead anywhere positive for him.

William and Kate probably have a far better support system around them (although not by a long shot perfect). Many people Harry used to have for support are no longer around him and his main support seems to be a wife that a) probably wouldn't be interested in him if he wasn't royal b) seems a typical social climber and c) could dump him at any point and twist the knife in if he no longer served a purpose.

Harry has been left to say lots of stuff that could come back to bite him while airing dirty laundry for cash. He can't have anyone good around him giving advice that's in his best interest. Could have easily made cash (on top of his already $20+ million fortune) without severing so many ties.
Agree but can’t help but have a soft spot (small as it is) deep in my heart as I truly believe he’s still grieving his mum and looking for that source of love, kindness and security that a mama affords her children forever; age never being a barrier between mother and child!
Certainly no excuse for airing his dirty laundry but a young man still searching for that something (someone) no longer findable.
Deep down I see torment and sadness in both William and Harry’s eyes. If nothing else, hopefully both boys have changed the course and pathway for a brighter tomorrow for the new era of RF putting family as number one, no exceptions.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Agree but can’t help but have a soft spot (small as it is) deep in my heart as I truly believe he’s still grieving his mum and looking for that source of love, kindness and security that a mama affords her children forever; age never being a barrier between mother and child!
Certainly no excuse for airing his dirty laundry but a young man still searching for that something (someone) no longer findable.
Deep down I see torment and sadness in both William and Harry’s eyes. If nothing else, hopefully both boys have changed the course and pathway for a brighter tomorrow for the new era of RF putting family as number one, no exceptions.
Yeah it's hard not to feel sorry for him.

He's obviously hurt, but his current actions I don't think will help to heal at all.

Harry probably felt great for a bit dishing all the dirt like the dog bowl fight, but I bet that feeling was very fleeting. I get the feeling he doesn't have anyone around him with his best interests at heart.

He seems very unhappy and I can't see that getting any better. He's swapped one not great situation, to be in a different but also not great situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
When I say toxicity, I am talking about the reality of being a part of ‘the firm’ and this has more to do with the staff of specific royals, who encourage resentment and back-biting.

It is usually staff who leak negative press, in an attempt to show the one on ‘their team’ in a more favourable light.

I do not think this is a healthy environment for children. And Harry has removed his own children from it. That was my point.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think in spare probably a lot of the things happened to a degree but there was an element of ‘recollections may vary’ in terms of perceptions. Harry was quite happy for the press when they were in his favour and potentially covered up things. But then he got thrown under the bus allegedly and then it is the worst thing ever.
I actually think the royals could probably get on fine without public funding now as they are so wealthy, however security could be a risk so perhaps that could be an issue.
In rich people’s world someone like Harry is poor without all the funding, that’s why they have to hustle so much these days.. the lifestyle they are so used to is something else, 30 mil or however much he got is not enough for them 😂
---

Harry is definitely more toxic and bitter. M&H come across as a couple of losers to me and at one point they were on top of the world. All because they wanted to have a cake and eat it. I think Harry is a dolt and M manipulates him.
I don’t have an opinion on K&W. I don’t have much sympathy for them either.. but I always wondered will Kate ever mess up because she is always portrayed as perfect in the press… and this was definitely something … people will still love her though, not much will change. This was just an odd situation

Reactions: 11
Yeah it's hard not to feel sorry for him.

He's obviously hurt, but his current actions I don't think will help to heal at all.

Harry probably felt great for a bit dishing all the dirt like the dog bowl fight, but I bet that feeling was very fleeting. I get the feeling he doesn't have anyone around him with his best interests at heart.

He seems very unhappy and I can't see that getting any better. He's swapped one not great situation, to be in a different but also not great situation.
Yes, you’re right. Harry’s actions have done nothing to heal his pain or deep rooted sadness; only magnify himself as a young man with acute insecurities.
He probably doesn’t realize just how much he and his brother really need each other but that’s now just another hurdle he’s created to make life difficult for himself.

Both boys are the only true two, who identify and understand the root cause of where (what) they have come from and what needs change to move forward as modern royals whose humanity and humility sees them put their family first all of the time. I do believe Harry touched on this very early on in his ‘tell all’ interview with Oprah but sadly became lost in the pomp and fluff created by his wife.

Caught up in the rift of change; both boys. Quite sad.

Reactions: 5
In rich people’s world someone like Harry is poor without all the funding, that’s why they have to hustle so much these days.. the lifestyle they are so used to is something else, 30 mil or however much he got is not enough for them 😂
---

Harry is definitely more toxic and bitter. M&H come across as a couple of losers to me and at one point they were on top of the world. All because they wanted to have a cake and eat it. I think Harry is a dolt and M manipulates him.
I don’t have an opinion on K&W. I don’t have much sympathy for them either.. but I always wondered will Kate ever mess up because she is always portrayed as perfect in the press… and this was definitely something … people will still love her though, not much will change. This was just an odd situation
The thing with Kate is she used to get hounded by the press back years ago before they got married, particularly when her and William broke up they went for her. I don’t think she has any particular dirty laundry now other than this current thing but she is really popular. TMZ now questioning their own video l- wtf. I hope she is ok.

Reactions: 6
When I say toxicity, I am talking about the reality of being a part of ‘the firm’ and this has more to do with the staff of specific royals, who encourage resentment and back-biting.

It is usually staff who leak negative press, in an attempt to show the one on ‘their team’ in a more favourable light.

I do not think this is a healthy environment for children. And Harry has removed his own children from it. That was my point.
He's removed his children from the forced photo ops. But who knows if overall they'll grow up in a better situation. The us press don't have the same agreements and can be brutal. When the children do leave their vast compound they won't have an easy life either. At the moment they're still very young, when they get older growing up in la will bring lots of challenges.

I think the jury is still out on it all.
---
Yes, you’re right. Harry’s actions have done nothing to heal his pain or deep rooted sadness; only magnify himself as a young man with acute insecurities.
He probably doesn’t realize just how much he and his brother really need each other but that’s now just another hurdle he’s created to make life difficult for himself.
The only people harry can really trust are his father and brother. Those relationships have possibly been damaged beyond repair.

Was it harry that revealed that said Charles told him "dear boy you can't take on the press"? Then harry replied "no, I want to" iirc. It was good advice as it's an on going never ending thing going against the press, that isn't going to bring him happiness and contemptment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Just my irrelevant two cents - but I think H&M's children would have been much better off staying in England and growing up in the "institution." AND all the other people they could get to know, at least to some extent: grandparents, uncle and aunt, great uncle Edward & great aunt Anne (and their, and Andrew's, kids/grankids) - yes, maybe most important of all, the cousins! They will grow up with NO ONE, belonging nowhere. I doubt they can even rely on their very damaged father and personality-disordered phony-of-a-human mother.

Maybe they have a little something in Grandma Doria, but I'm not sure of her stability - if she ever criticized her daughter, she'd be out the door like poor old grandpa Thomas (such as he is). And Samantha and her kids and whatever there is of Meghan's family - the children themselves will probably never have any idea! What a freakish upbringing.

Meanwhile, George, Charlotte, and Louis look like pretty happy kids to me. Will we ever even get a peek at Archie and Lilibet, at least in a healthy way. I doubt it. I think even Madonna managed a healthier environment for her kids, but I think I see similarities - or maybe Michael Jackson's? Oh I don't know, I'm rambling, sorry. But my heart is broken, mostly for Archie and Lilibet, and a little bit still for Harry, for being so damned STOOPID. He doesn't seem capable of maturing (hope I'm wrong). I have NO hope for Meghan.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Just my irrelevant two cents - but I think H&M's children would have been much better off staying in England and growing up in the "institution." AND all the other people they could get to know, at least to some extent: grandparents, uncle and aunt, great uncle Edward & great aunt Anne (and their, and Andrew's, kids/grankids) - yes, maybe most important of all, the cousins! They will grow up with NO ONE, belonging nowhere. I doubt they can even rely on their very damaged father and personality-disordered phony-of-a-human mother.

Maybe they have a little something in Grandma Doria, but I'm not sure of her stability - if she ever criticized her daughter, she'd be out the door like poor old grandpa Thomas (such as he is). And Samantha and her kids and whatever there is of Meghan's family - the children themselves will probably never have any idea! What a freakish upbringing.

Meanwhile, George, Charlotte, and Louis look like pretty happy kids to me. Will we ever even get a peek at Archie and Lilibet, at least in a healthy way. I doubt it. I think even Madonna managed a healthier environment for her kids, but I think I see similarities - or maybe Michael Jackson's? Oh I don't know, I'm rambling, sorry. But my heart is broken, mostly for Archie and Lilibet, and a little bit still for Harry, for being so damned STOOPID. He doesn't seem capable of maturing (hope I'm wrong). I have NO hope for Meghan.
I don’t know anything about Meghan’s family, however this is what always struck me about their move. As humans we need social networks for survival and they’ve taken them out of those networks. They’ve taken them away from the only other people who understand what it’s like to grow up in this environment. And IMO there is safety in numbers.

I think as they grow up Lili and Archie are more likely to have their privacy invaded due to where they live. More likely to have random strangers photograph them and post it online etc.

edit: spelling of “Lili”

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

I have always had a soft spot for Harry, we're a similar age and I had a massive phase of swooning over him, so I don't dislike him at all, however

If as Harry has said in his book the life he lived was so terrible, why did he not quit and go off being anonymous long before meeting meghan? Perhaps meghan was the push he needed but I'm disappointed in him for staying with it so long if he really wanted out as much as he says.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know anything about Meghan’s family, however this is what always struck me about their move. As humans we need social networks for survival and they’ve taken them out of those networks. They’ve taken them away from the only other people who understand what it’s like to grow up in this environment. And IMO there is safety in numbers.

I think as they grow up Lili and Archie are more likely to have their privacy invaded due to where they live. More likely to have random strangers photograph them and post it online etc.

edit: spelling of “Lili”
…right because staying in the UK where people becoming frothing at the mouth just because their parents name gets mentioned seems sooo much safer, and that’s not even accounting for all the issues Harry has had with the press

• Heart
Reactions: 31
…right because staying in the UK where people becoming frothing at the mouth just because their parents name gets mentioned seems sooo much safer, and that’s not even accounting for all the issues Harry has had with the press
Agree, also the RF is not known for its warmth and compassion. Hardly leaving a warm loving family behind. My own family were toxic so I made my own with friends and other family who were not of the toxic kind

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I think that some people assume that royal family relationships are like ours but they aren’t.

I read Harry’s book and although he’s been criticised for it, I thought it was very illuminating in describing how things work when you’re a member of the RF. He describes how he and William were never close. Not because they don’t care about each other but because of enforced rivalry and competition. When they were both at Eton they didn’t really talk. After William and Kate got married, Harry said he hoped they would see more of each other but they all became distant.

He talks about his dad and brother and other members of the RF with a great deal of warmth. His criticism is levelled at the courtiers and teams of people who work for the RF.

The media are the ones pushing this idea that Harry has damaged relationships with his family beyond repair. I don’t think that’s an accurate representation of the truth.

Charles has talked about his own cold and emotionally lacking childhood and nobody said he was wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.