Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because you know deep down it’s nothing about normalising stretch marks but all about getting themselves exposure through any means
It is!! So much body positivity bullshit flows from influencers who are shaped like a bean pole. There’s nothing risky or empowering about them putting their bodies out there.
I get a vibe from Ashley Graham like she doesn’t care about other people. That diaper incident really stuck in my craw. If she had a halfway decent personality, I would probably be going gaga over that photo.

Reactions: 3
It is!! So much body positivity bullshit flows from influencers who are shaped like a bean pole. There’s nothing risky or empowering about them putting their bodies out there.
I get a vibe from Ashley Graham like she doesn’t care about other people. That diaper incident really stuck in my craw. If she had a halfway decent personality, I would probably be going gaga over that photo.
Exactly, being conventionally attractive and slim but then posing so that your stomach slightly sticks out is just :rolleyes: and is just a beg for attention and fawning compliments. It is not "relatable" it is braggy and stupid

Reactions: 6
AJ Adudu. She's everywhere but has no warmth or charm about her. Don't get it. Don't think she's even that good at dancing.

Reactions: 1
That "tree of life" bump photo should come with a trigger warning.
I googled this and it's the one that British Vogue IG posted that I reported to IG for nudity . I'm all for body confidence but something about that pic just made me heave .. it's way too much of an overshare..

It’s the hairy armpits 🤢 She thinks she’s such hot tit. She’s not ugly but she’s not all that.
I saw that too. Nothing against hairy pits or stretch marks but why does she think people want to see that? I certainly don't. Why not take a tit and post it on the grid too, lol.

• Haha
Adele! All her music sounds the same to me. I’m sure she’s a very nice lady (she does seem so), I just don’t get the hype about her music.

Reactions: 12
Adele! All her music sounds the same to me. I’m sure she’s a very nice lady (she does seem so), I just don’t get the hype about her music.
I agree. She has a great voice but I don't like her actual music.

Alexa Chung. She is shaped like a broomstick, which is what we are always being told is great for showing off clothes, yet she always looks a complete mess. She has a fashion line which is overpriced tat (I volunteer part time in a charity shop and we get quite a few of her clothes. Primark quality at designer prices) and I just find her very annoying all around.

Reactions: 8
Robert peston,
He is incapable of talking like a normal human being,his voice goes up and down like someone is tickling his balls with a feather,then he can't keep his hands still,flapping round like a wounded duck.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Robert peston,
He is incapable of talking like a normal human being,his voice goes up and down like someone is tickling his balls with a feather,then he can't keep his hands still,flapping round like a wounded duck.
I can’t stand him. He loves the sound of his own voice and clearly thinks his opinions matter.

Edith Bowman

mediocre TV/radio presenter who thinks she’s achingly cool. She’s not

Reactions: 17
Not so much a person but a group - Westlife. Could never and will never understand the appeal and adoration they’ve received throughout the years.

Same with Garth Brooks. I just don’t get it.

Anything to do with Love Island. It’s just cringey to me.

Reactions: 4
I agree. She has a great voice but I don't like her actual music.

Alexa Chung. She is shaped like a broomstick, which is what we are always being told is great for showing off clothes, yet she always looks a complete mess. She has a fashion line which is overpriced tat (I volunteer part time in a charity shop and we get quite a few of her clothes. Primark quality at designer prices) and I just find her very annoying all around.
Yeah, I don't understand the appeal. I don't know why she appeared in the absolutely fabulous movie, she's not a model or anything. She's just the E4 presenter who used to be a DJ, NOT a fashion sweetie darling icon/designer or whatever. 🙄😒 It just goes to show it's who you know and not what you know with her. She also looks very hungry and is boring to me.

Reactions: 4
Jessie Ware and the podcast she does with her mum, Table Manners, it is a good concept and they have some great guests but she just CONSTANTLY interrupts, most of the time you learn more about her than the guests, which is really not the point of interviewing someone

• Haha
Jessie Ware and the podcast she does with her mum, Table Manners, it is a good concept and they have some great guests but she just CONSTANTLY interrupts, most of the time you learn more about her than the guests, which is really not the point of interviewing someone
I've never heard this but with her mum??? I dont even know who Jessie Ware actually is aside from this podcast I was told about (or is this all she does? ) what makes them think we want to know what Mavis from Basingstoke thinks about things? Mind you I will admit this is my general viewpoint on most chat based podcasts... when I was younger me and my friends used to talk nonsense into a tape recorder.. Podcasts seem like a tech upgrade version of that

I've never heard this but with her mum??? I dont even know who Jessie Ware actually is aside from this podcast I was told about (or is this all she does? ) what makes them think we want to know what Mavis from Basingstoke thinks about things? Mind you I will admit this is my general viewpoint on most chat based podcasts... when I was younger me and my friends used to talk nonsense into a tape recorder.. Podcasts seem like a tech upgrade version of that
yeah I didn't know her before either, she is a singer, loads of people recommended this to me as I love food podcasts but this is just... the mum seems nice, I would rather she do the podcast alone tbh.
OMG yes to the tape recorder thing! we used to make fake adverts and news reports :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Zendaya and Tom Holland. Seemingly the media's "couple of the month" - they're everywhere!

Can't stand her. She also looks a lot older than her 38 years. The lifestyle must be catching up with her.

Reactions: 2
Zendaya and Tom Holland. Seemingly the media's "couple of the month" - they're everywhere!

Can't stand her. She also looks a lot older than her 38 years. The lifestyle must be catching up with her.
Yikes, she's only 38? I thought she was in her forties. Yeah, she looks rough for 38. Another reason why being super skinny is a bad idea, it makes people looks so haggard. I don't think she was ever good looking anyway, but she would probably be prettier with some weight on her.

As for Zendaya and Tom, I just don't believe they are a real couple. I suspect a PR relationship.

Reactions: 2
As for Zendaya and Tom, I just don't believe they are a real couple. I suspect a PR relationship.
I agree. Definitely getting Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello vibes from them. I can't stand all the "oh they're the cutest couple" stories 🤮

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.