Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
I've only just found this thread-is anyone still interested?
I found the series very slow and lost interest fairly quickly,however,living close to the scene and having
vivid memories of what took place it opened up some debate between a few friends and myself.
im interested..the case has always intrigued me!
I liked the series as i found the slowless let you take in all the info , rather than the usual fast pace of dramatisations which bounce all over the place.
Is there still a lot of talk about it locally to you ?

Reactions: 2

fannysjohnny

VIP Member
I've only just found this thread-is anyone still interested?
I found the series very slow and lost interest fairly quickly,however,living close to the scene and having
vivid memories of what took place it opened up some debate between a few friends and myself.

Orange Creme

VIP Member
I enjoyed the series and hadnt heard of the case before.

I think he was guilty because there were no other suspects but the final scene with Julie (wont say anymore in case it spoils it) made me wonder if she was involved too or even whether she would have said anything if he hadnt have dumped her.

lipschitz

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Was good to see and hear from the actual people there at the time, the cops, press, Secretary, family etc
I have the last ep to go too, I think ep4 is about the doubt that can be cast on his conviction.
I’m not sure if he’s guilty but I do believe there isn’t enough evidence for a solid conviction.

Reactions: 1

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the 6 part series on ITV originally but also on Britbox currently on a free trial?
I remember these murders which was back when I was a teen, today I binge watched the series and have now got the book on my kindle.
I do think J Bamber was guilty. I can accept that horrible people can be victims, but Bamber never felt " real" if you know what I mean?
Would love to hear what anyone thinks?
I thought it was really well cast but was too dragged out. They could have done it in 3 episodes.
From watching the series I would say Jeremy Bamber is guilty. Apparently there are loads of people who write him letters and really like him and think he should be released.

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
It's not - I just checked.

Opening post says it's on Britbox. Otherwise, I'm sure it will be on ITV3 very soon!
ive got brit box..i think you can get a free trial of it..you either need a smart TV or a chromecast to use it xx

its got loads of other old bbc and ITV shows on it.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
It was mind numbingly slow. I gave up after 3 episodes. I just couldn't watch it.
I've read and watched a lot (documentations) about the case over the years. I don't know if he's innocent, but I'm not so sure that he's guilty either.

I agree that his life sentence should be quashed and he should be released.
IF he did kill his family and financial gain was his motive (as was suggested) then he's not a danger to the public.
Bamber was convicted on a 10-2 majority. So that's two people out of twelve who heard all the evidence and weren't convinced of his guilt.

I have no issue with majority verdicts - I know in the USA, guilty verdicts for murder have to be unanimous* which is why there are so many mistrials - but personally, I don't think a 10-2 majority verdict is overwhelming enough to support awarding a whole life order.

This article makes interesting reading....

*now in all states

Dizzy

VIP Member
Im sure there’s a thread on this here somewhere. But yes I watched and ‘enjoyed’ it. I remember the original case very well and I believe Bamber is guilty as hell. Not sure if you’ve reached the last episode yet but the footage from final few moments chilled me to the bone.

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I haven't watched the series yet, but I recently listened to Generation Why's podcast.
I agree with you, and think Jeremy Bamber was guilty. There wasn't really any other credible suspect in my opinion.
Will be interested to see how the family are all portrayed in the series. I've been delaying watching it because I keep reading how off-putting Stephen Graham's Welsh accent is 😂