Which supermarket is the best value?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tesco has always worked out cheapest for me, and the fruit and veg lasts much longer.
I’ve only shopped in Aldi about 3 times and each time the meat stunk to high heaven 🤢 I won’t step foot in one now.

Reactions: 2
Tesco has always worked out cheapest for me, and the fruit and veg lasts much longer.
I’ve only shopped in Aldi about 3 times and each time the meat stunk to high heaven 🤢 I won’t step foot in one now.
I've had the same- it was slightly cheaper BUT the veg was rotting the strawberries were growing fur and the meat stank.... totally off putting and spent more money replacing it all!

We shop Tesco mainly- husband picks bits up from Asda especially reduced bakery and we freeze it (bread, rolls, wraps, pancakes, malt loaf etc)

We are a family of 6 and weekly spend on food alone (breakfast/lunch/Dinners) approx £70-80 per week going into £100 when we top up sundries- toilet rolls/cleaning products/washing powders etc)

We meal plan, make/bake snacks for lunchboxes etc. Utilise our freezer with batch cooking, freezing fruit, chucking ends in a soup etc.... We don't shop branded anything unless it's a good offer of at least half price. We don't buy unnecessary things like squash, chocolate, more than one cleaning product etc. It's taken us a year but we are much more in control of our spending now. And become really good a meal planning and using everything we have!

But that would still mean Lidl’s premise /store, but I do understand what you mean, but it’s one thing that doesn’t really bother me although plenty does! I would never say Waitrose’s though....

Yes, agree.

I always look at the reduced items in Waitrose whenever I’m near one. Got a nice selection on Monday. I buy stuff I can stash in the freezer. Same with Marks and Spencer.
I love treating myself to Waitrose reduced! We filled our freezer once on some really great cuts of meat and a whole lamb joint for £40 on a reduced Monday!