Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He comes across as so unemotional when speaking to the media.
Also when they checked the CCTV it was either not working or had been switched off...
There was an article in the Fail today, the Police have taken him in for further questioning.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ave-pet-dog-doing-Christmas-Eve-shopping.html
Happened in a nearby town to me. There's a few reasons why it always stuck with me. The river goes underground at one point (under the town), and I can't imagine how terrified he must have been, especially in the pitch black. Also his family, just doing their shopping then coming outside, and their world being shattered. Also it was Christmas eve. I know there's no good time for a person to die, but deaths near Christmas feel worse to me.

edit: idk how to do those preview links, sorry.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The one where 4 people sadly died on the Thunder River Rapids ride at Dreamworld Australia. It was in 2015/ 16 I think.

Their raft flipped over when it hit a stationary one on the conveyor belt. They were thrown out onto the belt, 2 got crushed by the mechanism and 2 drowned.
What makes it worse is the children managed to get out and witnessed their parents die ๐Ÿ˜ข

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Two other ones for me, anyone remember one where a woman ran into her work and left the car outside by a lake, and it slipped in with her kids inside? Few years back in the UK. And another similar, I think the mother was on a hen do and her whole family died in a car in water again, think it was in Ireland?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Two other ones for me, anyone remember one where a woman ran into her work and left the car outside by a lake, and it slipped in with her kids inside? Few years back in the UK. And another similar, I think the mother was on a hen do and her whole family died in a car in water again, think it was in Ireland?
That case of the family in Donegal was awful. Only for the bravery of a passerby the baby survived. That poor woman lost her mum, sister, husband and two sons that day. I think about her often.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Yes the family was from Derry but it happened in Donegal. The car slipped on Algae and into the water ๐Ÿ˜ข Absolutely horrendous for that poor woman. Thankfully someone jumped in to help and her husband managed to pass the baby out the window before he drowned himself ๐Ÿ˜ข Her Mum, teenage sister and 2 sons died along with her husband.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The murder of Michaela McAreavey was another awful tragedy that rocked Ireland. Probably one of the biggest news stories at the time. And no justice done. I was only reading recently that they are looking to reopen the case ๐Ÿ’” hopefully some day she will get the justice she deserves ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’”

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The murder of Michaela McAreavey was another awful tragedy that rocked Ireland. Probably one of the biggest news stories at the time. And no justice done. I was only reading recently that they are looking to reopen the case ๐Ÿ’” hopefully some day she will get the justice she deserves ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’”
I'm currently listening to her husbands podcast ๐Ÿ’”

With the hot weather recently I was reminded of the father who forgot to drop his toddler off to nursery in the morning and locked the child in the car all day when he went to work, to come back later and the child had died in the hot car. I tried to Google to share a link and I can not believe how many times this has happened! Quite a few different articles about it happening various times ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The little girls missing in Soham Holly and Jessica... Everyone desperately hoping they were ok๐Ÿ˜ญ we had just moved to NY for a year and everytime we rang home we were hoping for good news...

From my student days, 1991 I was over in UK from Ireland staying with an uncle in St Albans for a holiday and were allowed out for the evening with his neighbours teens, cinema,takeaway etc - a bomb went off in the city centre, .... All over news thought mom would be so worried... Nope , not a word๐Ÿ˜‚. So I rang her the following day (fuming๐Ÿ˜ ) smart mouthed of course- "I'm alive" ....
The scottish wee woman was having none of it "I'd have heard if you weren't" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ absolutely no f*cks given!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
With the hot weather recently I was reminded of the father who forgot to drop his toddler off to nursery in the morning and locked the child in the car all day when he went to work, to come back later and the child had died in the hot car. I tried to Google to share a link and I can not believe how many times this has happened! Quite a few different articles about it happening various times ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

This was in the last few years and if I remember correctly he has suffered greatly.

He didn't usually do the creche run so on autopilot he went to work as usual.

Desperately sad and the man didn't need all the Facebook judges out in force, he's judging himself enough ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Reactions: 9
Dunblane, I remember coming out of school and my mum hugging me so bloody hard.

It's devastating that lives have to be lost before change happens. At my school at that time any Tom, Dick or Harry could bowl in off the street and access the classrooms.

I watch a lot of true life crime programmes, but I avoid any about paedophiles. Just find them too upsetting.

can't watch anything about the moors murders despite being a true crime junkie

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not a news story, but I remembers years ago I was off sick from school and the ITV lunchtime news was on TV. After it ended and the credits rolled I heard the newsreader shout "That was fuckin tit!". They obviously forgot to turn his microphone off!
I couldn't find anything about it online, it would've been around 2007/2008 I reckon. Can't remember who the newsreader was either.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not sure if this may have been mentioned

But about 2014/2015 i remember a story about a couple in india (they may have been on honeymoon/or just graduated)
Anyways they were both found dead in the hotel room
There were loads of prescription drugs around them and apprently the guys twitter kept going on about how easy the drugs were to get out there
Always thought it was strange and wondered if there was more to the story
But it wasnt headline news or anything and i dont tjink there was ever a follow up

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.