Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

karenjet

VIP Member
That obviously doesn’t sound ideal but it doesn’t sound like something that is particularly out of the ordinary unfortunately, and it’s certainly not the level to be contacting child cruelty charities and social services.

One thing that will damage the child is social services being all over their mother because somebody overstepped the mark unnecessarily. So I’d think VERY carefully before you do anything.
Which is why I’ve said I wouldn’t contact social services or take up a charity’s time.

I’ve been thinking very carefully for 4 years. It could be argued that a child’s welfare is everyone’s business as they can’t speak for themselves.

karenjet

VIP Member
Surely if the child is 4, they will be heading to school or be in nursery. If there is genuinely anything to be concerned about or the child is unhappy the school will pick up on it and take the appropriate action.

Unless the mother in incapable or unwilling to look after her child (which you’ve confirmed she’s not) then her child’s welfare is no ones business but hers.
The educational psychologist has picked it up but her reports were dismissed as being wrong and advice ignored. The health visitor hasn’t made a home visit in over a year.

The parents aren’t incapable, but unwilling, yes. The child is fed and clean but there’s a lot more to it. Yes, the little one is severely disabled but that’s not to do with the issue.

I think the mother needs help, but they don’t see it as a problem.