When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Constantly just now.

My mental health has been in the toilet due to big changes in personal circumstances and I can't afford therapy, and won't use NHS services again after giving it a try a few years back made me more ill than before.

Will probably ring the Samartians at some point later today just to get everything out. Have done that before and it has helped. I appreciate that you do not have to be literally suicidal to get in touch with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yesterday and today I've been a mess. Someone from my past unexpectedly got in contact and we had such a lovley conversation. It felt like home after over 10 years. And now I'm just devastated because I think he may have been the love of my life but its too late, hes married and so am I. I cut off contact with him yesterday after explaining myself and now I'm just really low about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Had to cut a toxic friend out of my life last night. She had such a personal attack on me which was so uncalled for. Apparently stems from the fact I cancelled a brunch less than 2 weeks after surgery. I’m so selfish. So sorry I had to have a vertebrae removed!

But screw her, I am lucky that I have a good and true friendship group away from her. But still can’t stop crying.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I fell over this morning, really hurt myself, but it made me realise, if it wasn't for my oh, no one would know, I'd be one of those folks lying dead for days, I've got alot to sort out.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This afternoon when I noticed some prick has keyed my car 😭 I don’t get what pleasure this would bring to anybody.

• Sad
  • Wow
Basically constantly since yesterday afternoon. I had to have my bestie furry friend put to sleep because he had heart failure and I am just devastated. I can't even sleep properly because he used to sleep on my bed with me and his little cat snores would send me off to sleep myself. Heartbroken.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Basically constantly since yesterday afternoon. I had to have my bestie furry friend put to sleep because he had heart failure and I am just devastated. I can't even sleep properly because he used to sleep on my bed with me and his little cat snores would send me off to sleep myself. Heartbroken.
I am so sorry, we recently lost one of our cats and it hurts like mad. I always say that it only hurts this much because we gave them our everything. If it didn’t hurt as much, we did something wrong by them. Sending hugs x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Pet death is devasting. A lot of people still don't realise how much. Sending you love, it's the worst time just now but you will start feeling better one day.

Reactions: 1
On the way home from work tonight there was a wee ginger cat in the road. He’d been hit by a car 😢 I sobbed the whole drive home and hugged my cats extra hard when I got back.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I completed my PhD thesis this morning and cried happy tears - 4 years worth of work done!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Today, I can’t really cope with my Mums mood swings.
Lots of people rally round her, and everyone says it’s because of losing my Dad 18 months ago.
The truth is she’s always been this way, and always been about how something affects her (so when my Dad was ill, is was all about how it affected her)
I’m not saying she doesn’t care. She just reacts in a different way.
She’s never cried for my Dad and gets a bit irritated when I do, so I bottle it when I’m around her now.
Since he’s been gone I’ve been the outlet for her anger, the counsellor for when she’s low, the handy person and the admin assistant.
I drop everything and go over to her whenever she needs anything and she’ll constantly go off out with a friend whilst I let myself into her house to do whatever job needs doing.
I’m honestly trying the very best I can.
It makes me so sad on days like today when she can barely be bothered to talk to me and nothing I do can help.
Like I say, she’s always been this way. If my Dad was still here she’d be blaming him in some way for her mood!
I can’t get her to go the GP. All I can do is hope she is in a better mood tomorrow.
Today it just made me cry though because it’s hard to see how utterly unhappy and discontent she is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
This morning in the car driving to work. I feel like my life is going nowhere. Everything feels stagnant and everything costs so much.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Today, I found out yesterday a friend of mine had died, and it came as a huge shock

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Today, I found out yesterday a friend of mine had died, and it came as a huge shock
Hope you’re doing ok. Stuff like this is just so heartbreaking.

I actually cried this morning as it was the anniversary of a friend of mine and my husbands ( his best friend but we were all very close).

I remember how shocked and numb i was for a few weeks after as i just couldnt believe it.

He died a few weeks before we got married so my husband was left wth no best man and it left such a sad cloud for us on our day

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Please complain about this disgusting individual.
It’s totally unacceptable for a customer facing employee (or anyone for that matter) to be so bloody rude and insulting.

I also agree with this 100%. I feel angry with your friend on your behalf. They could have spoken out. If it were me, to be honest, I’d have told you I hadn’t caught what the person said. I’d then quietly have gone back afterwards to complain.
yep,agree with this way of handling the situation and im really sorry this happened to you

Reactions: 2
Hope you’re doing ok. Stuff like this is just so heartbreaking.

I actually cried this morning as it was the anniversary of a friend of mine and my husbands ( his best friend but we were all very close).

I remember how shocked and numb i was for a few weeks after as i just couldnt believe it.

He died a few weeks before we got married so my husband was left wth no best man and it left such a sad cloud for us on our day
Thank you, for your kind words, I'm ok.

So sorry that you and your husband lost your friend, especially when he was due to be your best man

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Today.

From the thought of an old friend who passed away. My circle has never been large and it is a terrible thing to lose a friend more so when you haven't got many to begin with.

I genuinely felt cared for by him. Didn't even used to like him at the start .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Today.
I have 0 friends, been a stay at home mum all my life to my 4 children. I go weeks without seeing/talking to anyone adult outside my house hold. My highlight of the month was having to go into the school office to talk to the receptionist lady.

i made a comment about how even more lonely I’ll be in September when my youngest goes to school.
my dad commented, told me to get a job, (I’m on pip because I cannot work due to my bpd & other issues) at the same time he was commenting that, my step sister, uploaded photos of her, her bf, her child, my dad, my step mum, out for lunch.

I think it’s been about 2 years since me and my dad went out for lunch.

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.