What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was at a party when I was 28 with my friend, and we were all chatting as you do. There was a woman on the settee in the living room who had a bandage round her forearm and her fingers were poking out from underneath it and moving. They must have been sown onto her arm! I've never seen anything as strange in my life. How would they be able to move on their own if they had been sewn on?. Even people who have hand transplants have problems moving their fingers!. There's some strange things but this was really weird.
Unless she was born with extra fingers on her arm, but wouldn't these have been removed in childhood?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
One of the craziest things for me is when I was little my mum would have us walk like 4 miles to town and we’d always feel better about it if she let us walk over these big blue bridges. About 2-3 years ago I was driving down the road with these bridges and I always think “ahh those bridges we used to walk over they look so old now” (sad I know lol) I tit you not as I drove under it and onto a fly over it collapsed and crushed a car and a lorry. I felt shaky all day, it was literally seconds after

Has anyone else done something willingly but didn't realise til years later how creepy and wrong it was ? :(
Sometimes I can't believe how stupid and naïve I was.
Not creepy but I was sectioned for an eating disorder and sent to London 10 years ago. I was on a 1 to 1 as I was very underweight (5st) - I somehow managed to escape in tights and a duffle coat running down a high street in tears asking people for £1. I nearly got hit by a London bus. Stole mints from woolworths and jeans from peacocks (I hid them down my tights then put them on in a very quiet Mark’s and spencer) I then walked into an o2 shop and said I lost my phone on the tube and could I ring my mum to come and collect me from LEEDS! I rang her and she rang the hospital and they came and got me. They never understood how scared I was and just shoved me back in hospital. I look back now and I can’t believe I did that, just shows how bad an eating disorder can affect you as I have never been diagnosed with anything else other than anxiety!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I was at a party when I was 28 with my friend, and we were all chatting as you do. There was a woman on the settee in the living room who had a bandage round her forearm and her fingers were poking out from underneath it and moving. They must have been sown onto her arm! I've never seen anything as strange in my life. How would they be able to move on their own if they had been sewn on?. Even people who have hand transplants have problems moving their fingers!. There's some strange things but this was really weird.
Unless she was born with extra fingers on her arm, but wouldn't these have been removed in childhood?
I don't understand?

Reactions: 5
Woke up one morning, scratched my arm. Couple of minutes later thought a hair must be tickling my arm, scratched again and felt something on the bed sheet. Too sleepy to wake up properly so picked whatever it was up and through it half heartedly off the bed.

Half an hour later decided to get up. Started to make the bed. You know what's coming don't you? Plumped up one pillow, and just as I reached for another, I saw a HUGE brown hairy spider walking towards me on the pillow.

After a scream with decibels heard all over Yorkshire, I realised I must have actually touched it and thrown it previously. I came all over trembly, sickly and horrible.

I can't cope with spiders at all so you'd never find me in the jungle.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I always remember this when I need to remind myself not to be stupid or too trusting! I was 15/16 and looking for the train station. Asked a couple for directions and they politely told me how to find it. Anyway I completely misunderstood and ended up walking the exact opposite way across a car park and suddenly they pulled up next to me, offering me a lift to the station. They looked late 40s/early 50s, nice, well spoken, friendly, blah blah - what’s the harm? It’s within walking distance, so short car ride. Very kind of them. In I get. When I was in the car they started asking me very strange questions and one I remember very clearly - “won’t your parents notice you’re gone?”. I was new to the area but knew it well enough to notice that they had driven out of town and were now heading towards fields rather than a busy town centre / train station. At this point I actually text my friend who I was getting the train to meet to say I was in the car with some weirdos and felt like I’d made a mistake (which took forever on a Nokia!). He called me and I managed to talk them into dropping me off at some random underpass but they seemed pretty angry about it. Anyway this story always gets to me because about 2 months later their picture was in the local paper for kidnapping a 15yo and forcing her to work as their slave!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
im so intrigued!!

why did she have a bandage on? Was her arm hurt? Did she also have a normal hand and fingers at the end of her arm? Did anyone else notice this?

how much acid had you done that night....?! (Kidding!!)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I always remember this when I need to remind myself not to be stupid or too trusting! I was 15/16 and looking for the train station. Asked a couple for directions and they politely told me how to find it. Anyway I completely misunderstood and ended up walking the exact opposite way across a car park and suddenly they pulled up next to me, offering me a lift to the station. They looked late 40s/early 50s, nice, well spoken, friendly, blah blah - what’s the harm? It’s within walking distance, so short car ride. Very kind of them. In I get. When I was in the car they started asking me very strange questions and one I remember very clearly - “won’t your parents notice you’re gone?”. I was new to the area but knew it well enough to notice that they had driven out of town and were now heading towards fields rather than a busy town centre / train station. At this point I actually text my friend who I was getting the train to meet to say I was in the car with some weirdos and felt like I’d made a mistake (which took forever on a Nokia!). He called me and I managed to talk them into dropping me off at some random underpass but they seemed pretty angry about it. Anyway this story always gets to me because about 2 months later their picture was in the local paper for kidnapping a 15yo and forcing her to work as their slave!
Jesus 🙈🙈🙈🙈god i'd say you were so freaked

• Wow
Reactions: 4
im so intrigued!!

why did she have a bandage on? Was her arm hurt? Did she also have a normal hand and fingers at the end of her arm? Did anyone else notice this?

how much acid had you done that night....?! (Kidding!!)
The hand at the bottom was bandaged up and then there was another bandage halfway up the arm with her fingers sticking out. I couldnt start asking about it as it was a party of a senior person I worked with.They were not a group of my mates or I might have asked.

Reactions: 1
A couple of years ago whilst in Prague I went on a day trip to Kutna Hora and visited the Sedlec Ossuary. It’s known as the bone church and contains thousands of bones artistically displayed. Pictures really don’t do it justice- I remember taking the stairs down to near the bone chandelier and just a sense of bone deep cold- and this was on a warm summer day. It didn’t feel menacing or scary just really otherworldly.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
*Shudders* ...Sometimes you have to listen to your gut instincts and I'm glad things didn't go bad that time.

Reactions: 3
I was a passenger in the car as my Mum drove us home from my Nan's in the 80's (I was about 10). As we were driving along, we heard a thud on the car roof - we looked around and couldn't see anything.....so we carried on, assuming it was branch falling onto the roof from the trees above.
As we got home and parked up, a body started sliding down from the roof, down the windscreen and onto the bonnet - all spreadeagled! I screamed so much until the "body" stood up and walked up to the window.
It was my Brother who had seen us driving along as he was walking home from army cadets and somehow he had jumped onto the moving car and sat on the roof rack until we got home - then he thought it would be funny to pretend that we had hit somebody!
I think that's the most scared I've been in my whole life!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Not me but an old neighbour of mine. She took a shortcut through woods and grass area after getting off her bus. Her habit was to phone her husband just as the bus neared the stop so he’d open the back door and watch her walk the short distance, probably 100m.

While he watched for her he’d have a ciggy. He was standing smoking and a bloke jumped my neighbour as she crossed the dark grassy area and pinned her to the ground. He was about to assault her by the time her husband reached them. The husband grabbed the guy’s jacket but he managed to break free and run off.

The police took the jacket which was from Asda. It had a serial number on it and the police managed to trace the attacker because he’d paid for the jacket using his debit card.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Hopefully the police were " gentle " on the creep when they caught up with him.

Reactions: 5
Hopefully the police were " gentle " on the creep when they caught up with him.
I googled and found the story, it was 2014, but only the police appeal about the jacket. I can’t find anything about the arrest, and how they caught him or sentence. When it happened we weren’t in still in touch with my ex neighbours but my dad knew the husband through work.

Reactions: 3
Not me but an old neighbour of mine. She took a shortcut through woods and grass area after getting off her bus. Her habit was to phone her husband just as the bus neared the stop so he’d open the back door and watch her walk the short distance, probably 100m.

While he watched for her he’d have a ciggy. He was standing smoking and a bloke jumped my neighbour as she crossed the dark grassy area and pinned her to the ground. He was about to assault her by the time her husband reached them. The husband grabbed the guy’s jacket but he managed to break free and run off.

The police took the jacket which was from Asda. It had a serial number on it and the police managed to trace the attacker because he’d paid for the jacket using his debit card.
Do you know, across the globe, there are huge incidents of women being attacked and worse walking the gap between their stop and where they need to be. In one country (I can't remember where) they trialed letting people press the bell and the bus stopping closer to the person's actual destination (obviously it had to be on the route) than a fixed bus stop and the incidents of attacks plummeted.

• Sad
Do you know, across the globe, there are huge incidents of women being attacked and worse walking the gap between their stop and where they need to be. In one country (I can't remember where) they trialed letting people press the bell and the bus stopping closer to the person's actual destination (obviously it had to be on the route) than a fixed bus stop and the incidents of attacks plummeted.
As a boozy 20 year old, I fell asleep on a night bus and the driver took me right to my front door. It was 3 am and I was the only passenger left, having missed my stop probably 20 mins earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't know whether it's an urban myth, but years ago I was told the story of a lady who went to the counter of a service station to pay for petrol.

The guy at the counter asked her if she was travelling on her own. Surprised at the question she answered, " Yes... Why ? "

He calmly replied, " Please don't turn around. I just saw a man get into your car and now he's crouching down in the back seat. I've just called the police and they'll be here as quick as they can. Just keep talking to me and don't turn around. "

Alarmed, she did what the attendant said and continued making small talk until two police cars hurriedly pulled in and approached her vehicle with pistols drawn.

The back passenger door was opened and a creepy looking guy was pulled out and after being shoved to the ground was arrested and placed into one of the police vehicles.

Two of the officers then spoke to the lady. " Do you know this man ? "

" No, I've never seen him before in my life. Was he going rob me ? ", she replied.

" Maybe ", one answered as he showed a carry bag the guy had with him. In it was a roll of duct tape, some lengths of rope and a small knife.

" I think you were very, very lucky tonight, ma'am ", he intoned.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't know whether it's an urban myth, but years ago I was told the story of a lady who went to the counter of a service station to pay for petrol.

The guy at the counter asked her if she was travelling on her own. Surprised at the question she answered, " Yes... Why ? "

He calmly replied, " Please don't turn around. I just saw a man get into your car and now he's crouching down in the back seat. I've just called the police and they'll be here as quick as they can. Just keep talking to me and don't turn around. "

Alarmed, she did what the attendant said and continued making small talk until two police cars hurriedly pulled in and approached her vehicle with pistols drawn.

The back passenger door was opened and a creepy looking guy was pulled out and after being shoved to the ground was arrested and placed into one of the police vehicles.

Two of the officers then spoke to the lady. " Do you know this man ? "

" No, I've never seen him before in my life. Was he going rob me ? ", she replied.

" Maybe ", one answered as he showed a carry bag the guy had with him. In it was a roll of duct tape, some lengths of rope and a small knife.

" I think you were very, very lucky tonight, ma'am ", he intoned.
It's an urban legend, same as the guy who was kissing corpses and the child taken from a shop and found in the toilets having it's hair cut in order not to be recognised.

Reactions: 16
That sounds more like to me they gave you the wrong directions on purpose! They just so happened to be going the same way you did? Fishy.