What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember when my dad's partner told me to stop stuffing my face because I'm fat. I was only just overweight and it's none of her business, not even family.

It's so rude and uncalled for!! Take no notice, keep doing what you want to do. I think it's disgusting for anyone, family or not to make comments about someone's weight.
I remember being about 14, I was a size 10, so not in any way fat when I look back at myself. I remember once watching a dieting show with my mum and her female friend. The woman on it was obese and was looking back at old photos basically saying how she had always been overwight (about a size 16, nothing extreme) and my mum's friend said "so she wasn't too bad then, she is about your size" I was mortified as I had always had a complex (unnecesarilly) about my weight. My mum didn;t say anything

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Strange how our parents generation would make these comments, thankfully many (but not all) parents wouldn’t dream of being vocal to their family and friends. It’s such a cheap shot and whilst other prejudices against people seem to have evolved , jokes and shaming about weight are still around within the public forum.

Reactions: 7
Strange how our parents generation would make these comments, thankfully many (but not all) parents wouldn’t dream of being vocal to their family and friends. It’s such a cheap shot and whilst other prejudices against people seem to have evolved , jokes and shaming about weight are still around within the public forum.
I think because as a society fat people are seen as lazy and greedy and they have made themselves fat. So strange we have never moved on. By “we” I mean society as a whole.

Reactions: 4
Bloody doctors surgery . Not prescribing me what I asked for .. it’s a pain killer not heroin ffs .. now I’m bloody caller 24 ..that’s an hour on the phone I won’t get back

And it’s always tit music too

• Haha
Bloody doctors surgery . Not prescribing me what I asked for .. it’s a pain killer not heroin ffs .. now I’m bloody caller 24 ..that’s an hour on the phone I won’t get back

And it’s always tit music too
Did it break in with something like, 'please continue to hold the line, your call is important to us and we will answer as soon as an operator is available,' every so often?

• Haha
I’m pissed off with myself for not doing any work today when I’ve got a big to-do list!

Reactions: 8
I remember being about 14, I was a size 10, so not in any way fat when I look back at myself. I remember once watching a dieting show with my mum and her female friend. The woman on it was obese and was looking back at old photos basically saying how she had always been overwight (about a size 16, nothing extreme) and my mum's friend said "so she wasn't too bad then, she is about your size" I was mortified as I had always had a complex (unnecesarilly) about my weight. My mum didn;t say anything
Wow... that is so so hurtful. Especially since your mum said nothing! Sorry you had to experience that, bullying a child is so so low!

I’m pissed off with myself for not doing any work today when I’ve got a big to-do list!
Same!!

Reactions: 5
They say things come in threes, I fell over yesterday, got tit on this morning and now I've just laddered my tights. :cautious:

• Sad
Wow... that is so so hurtful. Especially since your mum said nothing! Sorry you had to experience that, bullying a child is so so low!

Same!!
yeah, my whole mum's family is totally messed uo about food tbh, anyway the woman in question's daughter ended up with pretty severe anorexia years later so I assume she was like this with everyone. I would be LIVID with anyone if they spoke to a child I had like this though

• Sad
Shamina Begum pissed me off today... she made her bed she can lie in it for me.

Also my husband pissed me off because he is a moody 💩.

Reactions: 6
Being on neverending furlough with only a few hours working from home every week. And still not sure if I'll have a job to go back to because my line manager is a teasing witch and likes to play me as if she wants me to beg to keep my job:mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm just having one of those days where I feel invisible and like I don't matter to anyone. Like if I died nobody would even notice.

I know it's not true and people do care about me but it's just a tit feeling.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Hahaha yes!! I’d be more than pissed off if it were a human
Oh no 😩 I got pooed on by a bird on my lunch break once, right at the entrance to a shopping centre in my face. A seagull dropped an almighty “bread bomb” (as my vet calls them). And another time walking the dog speaking to another walker, heard a loud noise and my foot was covered 🤮 they’re the only time it’s happened and within months of each other so I was para around birds for ages after 😂

Reactions: 2
I'm just having one of those days where I feel invisible and like I don't matter to anyone. Like if I died nobody would even notice.

I know it's not true and people do care about me but it's just a tit feeling.
I could’ve written this myself.
I hope things get better for you ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I have been waiting 3 weeks to find out if I had the job I interviewed for.. a girl in my team rings me over zoom ‘have you heard back yet’ I said no.. she said ‘oh I’ve got the job’

????????

Got to laugh or I’ll cry! 🤣🍷🍷🍷

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
My husband hasn’t been well. During he was sent home from work as he had turned yellow. I managed to get him to the GP that afternoon. 21 hours later the GP calls to say that he needs to be seen in hospital. He’s had scans and tests. They’ve found a growth.

His consultant suggests he meets with him and they get me in to go through everything.
I was in the bath at the time.

So while I was blow drying my hair, I could feel my phone vibrating. It’s not hubby, it’s not the kids. It’s people are are also known to some family members. Sending me messages that they are sorry to hear about the cancer. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Turns out a family member has been told that he has a growth and seems to have loved the drama of telling everyone. They are now in a huff after I told them they had no right to share this news and it’s not their news to share as it’s a growth and as I had only found out an hour before I wasn’t happy with them. They’re now in a huff with me not realising that we haven’t had time to process things ourselves and didn’t want the world to know.
said family member from above has spent the evening belittling the fact that I am struggling. It’s 14 weeks since my dad became ill and subsequently died. Hubby is still really poorly too and today I headed to breaking point. Said something on FB about not coping and thanking a friend who realised and stepped in with a listening ear. Instead of sending hugs, they told me I had it easy, that I didn’t know what life was like and that I should pull myself together. It’s just as well they live far away that I can’t go and throw rotten tomatoes at them!

I have been waiting 3 weeks to find out if I had the job I interviewed for.. a girl in my team rings me over zoom ‘have you heard back yet’ I said no.. she said ‘oh I’ve got the job’

????????

Got to laugh or I’ll cry! 🤣🍷🍷🍷
Hope you are ok? She sounds horrible.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.