Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Zodastream

Do not try and keep up with others in anything material things, relationships.
Do not get into debt
Always trust your gut
Be happy being you

Reactions: 2

petra23

Stay at uni, he's not worth sacrificing your education for.
Travel more, you're young and you'll regret not doing it.
They aren't your real friends. Stop texting first and watch them disappear.
Don't buy that finance car, or that finance phone... or those finance sunglasses, they won't make you happy.

10 years from now I'd like to be able to say I stayed true to myself, found a career I love and stopped giving myself such a hard time.

judsmum

Chatty Member
10 years ago I was 4 IVF/ICSI cycles down, Iā€™d had 3 miscarriages and I was losing patience, friends and fucks. I would tell myself it will all be worth it, I would tell myself that pomegranate and pineapple and eating clean make no fucking difference to IVF success rates and by the end of 2011 youā€™ll be a mummy. Youā€™ll have no money because it will be funding the staff at the fertility clinics holidays but it will be worth it! In 10 years time I would like to have climbed every mountain in the British isles.

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Mine would be:

Donā€™t waste your time or energy on people who arenā€™t willing to make an effort. Itā€™s not you, itā€™s them being a dick. Goes for friendships and relationships.
That's pretty much my new year's resolution for 2020.

Reactions: 1

anything at all

VIP Member
Iā€™d tell myself to stop dating twats, donā€™t stay in that job that you donā€™t enjoy and look after yourself and your health (aka eat better and drink less alcohol) because things get better.

Keep telling myself the 2nd one now but depression is eating away at me again.. taking every day as it comes and hoping that things get better again.

abitfairytale

I've worked with kids for 17yrs so 10years ago I'd have told myself to look after my back properly when lifting and be more careful with posture.

I say this, sat in a hospital bed after spinal surgery yesterday for a long term slipped disc problem. šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

Next decade... Well I'll hopefully pass my foundation degree this year, enrol in my top up and eventually in a few years move into social work. I've finally discovered the ambition in me. In the next decade I'll also see my daughter turn 18 and hopefully go to uni. šŸ˜³

Sp20191

VIP Member
Ten years ago I was deeply depressed, had severe anxiety and a 1 year old!

Iā€™d tell myself it will get better and you wonā€™t feel like this forever.

Also Iā€™d tell my self that things work themselves out!

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
10 years ago....

Heā€™s worth the risk. I was very cautious of my (now) husband, thinking he was too good to be true.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
10 years ago, it would of been leave the twat, your worth more!
In 10 years time, I hope I will have got my health sorted enough to return to work

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Ten years ago I was ten so donā€™t really have anything meaningful other than - in a years time you will have a baby brother, spend more time with him and dad instead of isolating yourself thinking they donā€™t love you any more.

I feel like looking back on my twenties will be interesting. Turning twenty has felt really hard - everybody pressures you to do STUFF to MEET PEOPLE to BE SOMETHING to do something with your life. I hope in ten years i look back and think ā€ah it worked out!ā€ like some of these šŸ˜