What would you tell yourself 10 years ago...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
10 years ago I was a young teenager who got with a very manipulative boy. If I could go back id tell myself I’m worth much more and leave. It’s not worth all the issues I have to deal with now

What id like from this decade - To go back to uni to finish off my education (left for mental health related issues), have my second child and I’ll get married to my soulmate the end of this year. I’d like to gain my confidence back and work on my mental health. To raise my son into a lovely, confident young boy. That’s about it 😍

Reactions: 4
10 years ago I was 12... and I would tell myself that the people you go to school with don't matter when you leave.

In the next decade... I plan on moving somewhere new and finding my feet with a new career that I'm slowly transitioning into. I want to focus on my side projects and hopefully earn money from them if possible and use that money to travel more. I also want to let go of this constant need to please my family whom I will never please anyway!

10 years ago I’d tell myself to listen to my intuition a lot more and that things will steadily improve, even if the improvement is two steps forward one step back so it’s hard to notice day to day.
In 10 years time I hope to be back to 100% health-wise, for my relationship to still be full of love and fun and to be a famous author 👍

• Heart
10 years ago I’d tell myself to listen to my intuition a lot more and that things will steadily improve, even if the improvement is two steps forward one step back so it’s hard to notice day to day.
In 10 years time I hope to be back to 100% health-wise, for my relationship to still be full of love and fun and to be a famous author 👍
Ooo a Author! Sounds exciting, if you ever need some one to pre read I'm more than willing!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I find this one tough. I’d want to tell myself get as far away from this toxic man as you can. Go to Uni, just for the experience and to meet new people. But then I’d be wishing away my daughter (Who I had at 19) and the job I got to support her which led to me meeting my future husband. The world is strange.

I guess, I’d just tell myself you’re gonna be ok. You’re gonna come out of this and not recognise the person you were.

10 years from now I hope to be as I am now (just less tired?!) to travel and go on mega holidays with the kids and laugh everyday.

Darling, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your body. Please be brave, be proud of who you are. Do not diet, your body is the house you grew up in it does not deserve your hatred, don’t try and burn it to the ground.

Your friends may not be as open with their emotions as you are. But they love you, they value you, they will stay by your side long into adulthood. Don’t doubt them, remember that true friendship means growing separately without growing apart.

10 years ago....

He’s worth the risk. I was very cautious of my (now) husband, thinking he was too good to be true.

Reactions: 1
Spend and make more time with/for your mum, even when she pecks your head; it doesnt matter that she moans and sulks and can be a right pain in the arse. You don't have much longer so spend every minute you can with her. Enjoy her, talk to her but most importantly listen to her.

You won't know until she is gone just how much you love the old bat and would pay good money for her to moan at you again.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ten years ago I was ten so don’t really have anything meaningful other than - in a years time you will have a baby brother, spend more time with him and dad instead of isolating yourself thinking they don’t love you any more.

I feel like looking back on my twenties will be interesting. Turning twenty has felt really hard - everybody pressures you to do STUFF to MEET PEOPLE to BE SOMETHING to do something with your life. I hope in ten years i look back and think ”ah it worked out!” like some of these 😁

I've worked with kids for 17yrs so 10years ago I'd have told myself to look after my back properly when lifting and be more careful with posture.

I say this, sat in a hospital bed after spinal surgery yesterday for a long term slipped disc problem. 🙄🙄🙄

Next decade... Well I'll hopefully pass my foundation degree this year, enrol in my top up and eventually in a few years move into social work. I've finally discovered the ambition in me. In the next decade I'll also see my daughter turn 18 and hopefully go to uni. 😳

Stay at uni, he's not worth sacrificing your education for.
Travel more, you're young and you'll regret not doing it.
They aren't your real friends. Stop texting first and watch them disappear.
Don't buy that finance car, or that finance phone... or those finance sunglasses, they won't make you happy.

10 years from now I'd like to be able to say I stayed true to myself, found a career I love and stopped giving myself such a hard time.

Reactions: 2
That the best things in life are not things, and I hope to still be relatively healthy in 10 yes time.