What to do about huuuuge spider in car :(

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted this on the "annoying" thread but im seriously trying to google how to get a spider out the car. I'm using my dads people carrier at the moment(my car wipers have stopped and of course its raining) and as I was about to get out I see a massive spider on the ceiling above my head. I had to get out the passenger side and now im freaking out about driving home after work tonight. I've got his car for a week and Im so anxious now. I had no idea I would be sharing a car with a tarantula :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1
My advice: burn the car

😂

in seriousness though, spiders usually hide when they sense movement, when you saw him he was probably caught off guard and on his way back to whatever cubby hole he lives in. Chances are you won’t see him again. There may be sprays you could fill the car with - lock it and leave it for a few hours?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
My advice: burn the car

😂

in seriousness though, spiders usually hide when they sense movement, when you saw him he was probably caught off guard and on his way back to whatever cubby hole he lives in. Chances are you won’t see him again. There may be sprays you could fill the car with - lock it and leave it for a few hours?
I drove it last night and this morning and no sighting until the twit decided to show himself to me like hes some long lost mate. I dont mind if he hides somewhere near the back i just dont want him coming out when I'm driving because I will crash the car and take us both down.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can you get someone from work to check the car before yoy get in it. Maybe take a glass and piece of paper if you can

I drove it last night and this morning and no sighting until the twit decided to show himself to me like hes some long lost mate. I dont mind if he hides somewhere near the back i just dont want him coming out when I'm driving because I will crash the car and take us both down.
Maybe he wanted to give you directions? 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Can you get someone from work to check the car before yoy get in it. Maybe take a glass and piece of paper if you can
I work in a hospital so there isnt anyway besides security who I cant ask lol I might turn the engine on and step out the car for a bit to see if it comes out.

Donate it! Over here it’s considered a charity write off.

Also, Plan F:
0AB0B477-D975-4D2C-8F14-3FB7AEC5AAA0.jpeg

• Haha
buy a new car
Not helpful lol im literally sweating at the thought of driving home. I finish in 2 hours haha

Get your dad to pick up the car and use public transport instead
My dad lives miles away so doesnt seem fair to make him pay for a taxi to pick up his new moving spider house. Public transport is a no, a 10 min drive will take me over an hour to get home and the bus finishes at 11 anyway so still not happening.

Not helpful lol im literally sweating at the thought of driving home. I finish in 2 hours haha

My dad lives miles away so doesnt seem fair to make him pay for a taxi to pick up his new moving spider house. Public transport is a no, a 10 min drive will take me over an hour to get home and the bus finishes at 11 anyway so still not happening.
i cant even imagine. i’d be absolutely shitting myself. is anyone close available to give you a lift? all jokes aside it honestly sounds like my worst nightmare. hope you get back safe

also are there any shops near you? maybe someone can come and help or there’s some sort of spray to kill the spider.

What about an Uber?

I can't think of anything else to suggest. It's probably long gone. It's probably got out and moved on by now.
Maybe have the music up really loud, no idea if that stops a spider from moving around or not but I'd like to think it might. I hope your journey isnt long.

Buy a peppermint air freshener or pop a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil on a piece of cloth they dont like it at all.

i cant even imagine. i’d be absolutely shitting myself. is anyone close available to give you a lift? all jokes aside it honestly sounds like my worst nightmare. hope you get back safe

also are there any shops near you? maybe someone can come and help or there’s some sort of spray to kill the spider.
No the hospital is in a residential area thats quite rough, no shops around. I'm gonna give it a quick inspection and maybe drive home with the windows down.

What about an Uber?
Im in a small northern town, we dont have uber. I'm just gonna have to brave it. I might spray a load of insect spray in the car when i get home and hope it gets rid of it before I use it tomorrow.

Buy a peppermint air freshener or pop a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil on a piece of cloth they dont like it at all.
Good thinking, ill get some next time i go shopping. I can cope with small ones but not massive ones.

I can't think of anything else to suggest. It's probably long gone. It's probably got out and moved on by now.
Maybe have the music up really loud, no idea if that stops a spider from moving around or not but I'd like to think it might. I hope your journey isnt long.
I was googling and apparantly they hate the vibrations so are more likely to go on the dashboard,steering wheel or ceiling........so that radio is staying off :(

If you can't get hold of peppermint try lemon juice or lemon oil. They hate lemon! I live in Australia so you can imagine the spider situations I've dealt with! I know you're on your way home so this advice may be redundant now but an insect bomb might be a good idea too. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2
If you can't get hold of peppermint try lemon juice or lemon oil. They hate lemon! I live in Australia so you can imagine the spider situations I've dealt with! I know you're on your way home so this advice may be redundant now but an insect bomb might be a good idea too. Best of luck!
Oh god id freak at the Aussie spiders!!!!!!!, If he stays hidden thats fine, i just dont want him to surprise me as im driving home. Had a bee fly behind my sunglasses as i was wearing them the other week as i was driving :(

• Heart