Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I drove it last night and this morning and no sighting until the twat decided to show himself to me like hes some long lost mate. I dont mind if he hides somewhere near the back i just dont want him coming out when I'm driving because I will crash the car and take us both down.
Maybe he wanted to give you directions? 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

CherryAcid

VIP Member
My advice: burn the car

😂

in seriousness though, spiders usually hide when they sense movement, when you saw him he was probably caught off guard and on his way back to whatever cubby hole he lives in. Chances are you won’t see him again. There may be sprays you could fill the car with - lock it and leave it for a few hours?
I drove it last night and this morning and no sighting until the twat decided to show himself to me like hes some long lost mate. I dont mind if he hides somewhere near the back i just dont want him coming out when I'm driving because I will crash the car and take us both down.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I'm curious - was it actually a tarantula (I don't know what country you're in)? I hope your not so little friend made his way out in the end 😉

You've gotten me curious..... what's the worst spider encounter you've had over there? As you probably know in England they usually get max the size of your palm minus the fingers but I absolutely hate them and despise them, tiny baby ones I still don't like but could hold on my hand without panicking.
One that happened to my mum is pretty bad. We moved here from Canada in the early 70s so mum had never seen a truly giant spider before. She was in a phone booth with my brother and he held the apple he was eating up to show her and said "Look, a crab on my apple!" Not a crab, kid. A massive hairy huntsman. Mum said she came close to fainting, haha.

I've walked into huge webs more times than I care to think about! My brother's cat caught a huntsman, ate the body and left the legs. I'll stop now before I traumatise anyone!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I'm going to be the bleeding heart on this thread but it's not nice to kill it :( It's not done anything wrong. I have spider webs IN my car (across the steering wheel) and it doesn't really bother me. Not that I'd appreciate an appearance while driving but it hasn't happened yet.
Its not been seen since so its either got out or just chilling. I actually usually put a glass over spiders and put them outside.

This is a joke, right?
Not a joke, I dont want a massive spider dropping on me as I'm driving.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I didn’t see it, got my phone light to check the ceiling. I pretty much drove home clenched up though, let’s hope he’s got out and that’s the last ive seen of him.

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
I finish at 11pm so im just psyching myself up for it now, on a good point the roads will be quiet so I reckon I can get home in under ten mins.
I need you to please update when you get home now😄
I'm sure it will be fine tho 👍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4

Taythomlau

Can you get someone from work to check the car before yoy get in it. Maybe take a glass and piece of paper if you can

Reactions: 3

tyrellsg

Buy a peppermint air freshener or pop a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil on a piece of cloth they dont like it at all.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
My advice: burn the car

😂

in seriousness though, spiders usually hide when they sense movement, when you saw him he was probably caught off guard and on his way back to whatever cubby hole he lives in. Chances are you won’t see him again. There may be sprays you could fill the car with - lock it and leave it for a few hours?

• Haha
  • Heart
Apparently they don’t like conkers … so when it is the season I’d gather a load and strategically place them round your car to prevent future episodes. Might give you some peace of mind.

Reactions: 2

Alexaj

VIP Member
I'm going to be the bleeding heart on this thread but it's not nice to kill it :( It's not done anything wrong. I have spider webs IN my car (across the steering wheel) and it doesn't really bother me. Not that I'd appreciate an appearance while driving but it hasn't happened yet.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Try lemon oil, I use it every spring on doorways and window ledges. It's a natural deterrent as most spiders hate it and it's better for humans than chemicals.
That makes a lot of sense, the dash cleaner I use in my car is lemon scented and I have a lemongrass wax warmer in my kitchen which has been spider free.

I'm curious - was it actually a tarantula (I don't know what country you're in)? I hope your not so little friend made his way out in the end 😉

If you can't get hold of peppermint try lemon juice or lemon oil. They hate lemon! I live in Australia so you can imagine the spider situations I've dealt with! I know you're on your way home so this advice may be redundant now but an insect bomb might be a good idea too. Best of luck!
You've gotten me curious..... what's the worst spider encounter you've had over there? As you probably know in England they usually get max the size of your palm minus the fingers but I absolutely hate them and despise them, tiny baby ones I still don't like but could hold on my hand without panicking.

• Haha