What time do your kids go to bed?.....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids usually go to sleep around 6.15 to 6.30. Sometimes closer to 7. They're horrifically early risers 5.30 most days so they go to sleep so early. I've tried pushing bed time back to get a 7 am wakeup but to no avail

My 6 year old is usually asleep by half 8 on school nights but I’m not bothered when she goes to bed on a weekend!

Reactions: 1
My 8 year old twins go up stairs at 7pm and they have until 8.30pm to do what the want, ie, tablets / computers. They are both normally asleep by 9pm this includes weekends too. They are normally awake by 7am for school / work.

My 4 year old goes to bed at 7-730 and sleeps through til 730-8am. He doesn't sleep during the day at all, but rarely wakes in the middle of the night.

2.5yo in bed for 830-9 each evening up about 730

I work til about 530 so timing works great for me dinner play bath and bed

I am in a detached house so I don’t need to worry about noise but when I was in a semi even when just me I was always conscious of being loud after 9pm

I have been lucky in that both my children have always slept well, which isn’t always the case with children on the spectrum. They’re 3 and 5 and we’ve stuck to the same routine since they were babies. They go to bed between 7-7.30 and wake up at 7. They don’t tend to wake in the night unless unwell or for the toilet, but 3yo used to have bad night terrors. 5yo has only recently started being allowed to stay up a bit later on weekends to watch a movie or play his tablet (3yo is very full on and needs the rest as he doesn’t nap anymore). My friend’s three children (all have ASD too) struggle with sleep and are awake a lot of the night.

I dont really have bedtime for my youngest hes 4 and just goes to bed when hes tired. He rarely makes it past 8 when at school. My oldest who is almost 12 has to be in bed by 9.30 no electronics allowed but hes free to read until he feels tired. I never used to have a bedtime but hes fairly nocturnal so would be up all night playing games if he had his way. At weekend and holidays he can please himself what time he goes to bed.

I do think its nobody's business what time other peoples children go to bed. Each family have different routines which may work for them. I remember my friend used to put her kids to bed at 5.30 which I felt was way too early but each their own.

My 5 & 7 year old go to bed at 7.30 during the week. On weekends we are more lenient and they can stay up as late as 11pm on occasion but usually till around 10pm, although the youngest has usually conked out by then. Often they aren’t very ‘active’ when they do stay up late, we usually watch a film or they’re up on their beds playing roblox. We try to emphasise that whilst they do get to stay up it’s ‘quiet time’ and we need to start winding down. If they start getting lairy they get sent to bed😂

During lockdown it all kind of went to tit and they were up late nearly every night but since school started again they adapted to their old routine again quite quickly thankfully.

I’m very each to their own with this stuff but I do think it’s kind of ridiculous when parents allow their kids to go to bed so late when they have to be up for school/nursery the next day(obviously it’s different when kids have special needs or medical conditions). Kids are so much more pleasant and pay more attention when they’re well rested.

Just thought I would post this as a question.... I have a ten year old who had a routine when he was little he would be in bed by 7-7.30pm and sleep through until 7 the next morning. It was lovely, at least 4 hours chill me time..... He now goes to bed 8-9 in a school night and at 10pm at the weekend.

So my neighbours on the other hand have 2 kids aged 3&5 who go to bed between 9.30-11pm. They wake up at 7.30 and their parents let them both have a sleep in the afternoon each day for around 2 hours. When the girl is back to school both kids regularly whinge and scream (I assume through tiredness)
I spoke to the neighbour the other side and she commented her 3 kids were always in bed before 8 and the kids next door disturb hers quite often with the noise. She also stated the reason the neighbours put them to bed so late as the kids fit in with their lifestyle.....

Am I old fashioned ?
Have people stopped being considerate?

As result I find I never get a lie in or an early night unless they go on holiday.

This will probably a controversial topic...
Is it the noise bothering you more than the time they go to bed? Different strokes for different folks I guess...my kids are extremely energetic and hard to settle so our bed times wouldn’t be for everyone. But we do what works for us as a family.

I have 3 children (8, 9 and 14), during the week they go to bed at 9.30 and wake up at 7.30.They are great at going bed and easy to wake up in the mornings. We live next door to one of the schools so have no travelling to do.
At weekends they can stay up later and wake up usually around 8.30.
As soon as the children struggle to get up in the mornings on a school day then we would move bedtime forward.
Lockdown had been a struggle with bedtimes as the children were going to bed when they wasn't tired as they had no school to tire them out plus we was only allowed so much exercise a day.

When our children were babies we always put them to bed later (10pm) so that they sleep through and also for a selfish reason on my part that the kids wouldn't wake up at 5am, 6am. Luckily they woke up around 8 which was ideal and I guess the routine has stuck ever since.

Everyone has different times for putting kids to bed, there's no right or wrong answer - just whatever suits your families routine.