What Mummy Makes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something I’ve always wondered about as she has said it a few times..

How do frozen berries help porridge cook? I understand the hot porridge thawing the berries but I don’t know what she means when she says the berries help the porridge cook?
Why would u want frozen rock hard fruit on your breakfast that would break ur teeth

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Something I’ve always wondered about as she has said it a few times..

How do frozen berries help porridge cook? I understand the hot porridge thawing the berries but I don’t know what she means when she says the berries help the porridge cook?
It’s a typo - she means that the frozen berries help the porridge to COOL so you can serve it quicker!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve just bought her book on a recommendation and I really like it. This is my 3rd baby but my other two weaned completely differently to each other and I just feel like I’ve forgotten what to do. I’m not saying I’ll cook everything out of it but it’s reignited some ideas I’d forgotten and plenty of new easy recipes too.

Reactions: 2
I like some of her recipes but none of it is groundbreaking. It’s basically just very easy stuff for mums who don’t know how / have the imagination to cook. She uses way, way too much cheese. the recipes I have copied, I’ve used basically 1/10th of the cheese she does. The carrot cake porridge And spinach pie are good though - my toddler liked that, and it actually was a bit different. I don’t really need to be taught how to make 50 pastas / a frittata / egg muffin etc.

Reactions: 3
Does she intentionally pretend not to have a husband? I appreciate he might want to avoid the limelight but she doesn’t even allude to the fact that there’s a whole other human being in her house. Always me and ‘Nini’ two plates of food etc.

Reactions: 6
Does she intentionally pretend not to have a husband? I appreciate he might want to avoid the limelight but she doesn’t even allude to the fact that there’s a whole other human being in her house. Always me and ‘Nini’ two plates of food etc.
Yeah, I find this so weird 😬

Her recipes are bland as tit
I have her book and have made a good few things now and thought some of them were really tasty. Some people have said there is maybe to much cheese and I agree so I just cut it down or replace it with something else. I have had some other weaning books but do prefer this as it’s something we can all eat. I made some from the ellas kitchen book and they were rank!

I have her book and have made a good few things now and thought some of them were really tasty. Some people have said there is maybe to much cheese and I agree so I just cut it down or replace it with something else. I have had some other weaning books but do prefer this as it’s something we can all eat. I made some from the ellas kitchen book and they were rank!
Idk I feel like the only spice she knows is paprika 😂 I love cooking and I usually follow recipes that are a little more complex. Hers are extremely basic and samey. Fine for babies, but not the whole family imo

Has anyone seen her insta story tonight about someone messaging her about Ninas food and portion size? Fancy placing all that fish and chips in front of her, of cause she is going to eat it all or attempt too at least!

I like some of her recipes but none of it is groundbreaking. It’s basically just very easy stuff for mums who don’t know how / have the imagination to cook. She uses way, way too much cheese. the recipes I have copied, I’ve used basically 1/10th of the cheese she does. The carrot cake porridge And spinach pie are good though - my toddler liked that, and it actually was a bit different. I don’t really need to be taught how to make 50 pastas / a frittata / egg muffin etc.
I’m weaning my 3rd child and I will openly admit I lack imagination, I don’t actually lack it I just don’t have time or the headspace for it at the moment with my elder two in school one with additional needs and an ehcp and all that entails so I have found the book useful as a starting point. I get stuck in a rut and it’s just nice to have some extra ideas :) I doubt I’ll cook even half of what’s in there but it’s a good starting point for me :)

I'm pretty sure this is a rave thread, so perhaps some people should head on out.

I personally think she's a wonderful mum, Nina is absolutely gorgeous, and as a very busy NHS worker with a toddler, her recipe book is often my go to for quick easy meals that I know the whole family will eat.

She seems completely harmless, and just a loving mummy trying to do her best.

So what if her husband doesn't want to be involved? I imagine mine would t either 😂 but that's not really grounds for a slating is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Considering ordering her books! Was investigating if there was a thread on her and I wasn't being scammed by insta mum marketing 😂 should I order the book? Can't believe she has a husband though, legit thought she was a single mum!

Considering ordering her books! Was investigating if there was a thread on her and I wasn't being scammed by insta mum marketing 😂 should I order the book? Can't believe she has a husband though, legit thought she was a single mum!
I’ve not done any recipes from it yet as my son has only just got the hang on weaning so still on the basics but I definitely will. There looks some really nice recipes in there.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Check out the gossip thread too so you get both sides of the coin :ROFLMAO:

Check out the gossip thread too so you get both sides of the coin :ROFLMAO:
Have you got a link I couldn't find a gossip thread on her, I ordered the book from eBay for £2.50 for an ebook 🤣 fancied some more inspo for my son as stuck on same few options at the moment.